New Passport Diff Number From Bank Account

I have a new passport which came with a new passport number. My bank account is linked to the old passport number. Is this going to be a problem to update? I have my canceled passport and the new one. I have visions of my ATM going bad and no longer being able to access my money because the numbers don't match so I don't want to leave the situation as is in case there is a future problem with my ATM card. I also wonder if this might be beyond the ability/comprehension of the small local branch employees to deal with. Anybody gone through this?

Tim

l think your over reacting, once you have your bank account set up, it doesn't matter and if they should want to see your passport for any reason, immigration will stamp your new passport recording the old passport number on the transfering of your visa.

Depends upon which services you are likely to require from the bank.

Based on my experience, if its is convenient, I would recommend you take your ATM card and passbook with your new passport to the branch which holds your account and update the passport details on record.

Recently, I wanted to make changes to my SCB internet account to set up third party payments. I needed to take my passport to the branch to activate this service and when they saw the passport on record didn't match my new passport, I had to sign various forms to update my personal records and give them a new copy of the passport details for their files.

Thanks everybody. It sounds like I should be able to get this taken care of at the local branch. I really don't want to wait until I need a service that requires the passport and then have them tell me it is a problem because they don't match.

Tim