I Bought A Car, But Now They Tell Me I Can'T Own It Without A Work Permit?

thcr

Hmmmm

I would actually take that last one as more of an Urban Legend. If the story had not included an uninsured motorist I might have believed it. I would simply have called my insurance company and waited for them.

Not an urban legend at all and happened only a couple of weeks ago.

My friends insurance agent was present when the cop wrote up the report. He believes that the agent was intimidated by the Officers high rank.

If a police report states your friend stopped to quickly close to the car in front, and he is to blame for that, and insurance accepted this, there is no reason for your friend to accept any reduced NC bonus from insurance company or self detuctive. Keep the policereport as evidence

After only a short time here, I have come to realise that there are vast numbers of useless beaurocrats who can only justify their employment if they constantly invent the need for forms to be signed, and stamped, and unnecessary Visas to be paid for.

The system is in place to screw the farang. It is our constant task, as farangs, to minimised the depth of penetration.

And just be careful when you drive that car. If involved or in any way implicated in an accident, it is entirely your fault, regardless of the circumstances, because you are farang.

I don't agree.

I find the system quite fair. It helps if you show up decently dressed and not in flip-flops and shorts with uncut toenails. The times I renewed my drivers licensees they have always been fair and descent. When getting my 5 years licenses I gave the lady a big wat and she way-ed back with a big smile :jap:

All that said maybe you dress nicely when dealing with the bureaucrats so no offense intended :) , but the farangs I seen in Pattaya when dealing with such matters have made me think, oh boy he is disgusting and I can understand that the Thais fell the same way.

When getting my 5 years licenses I gave the lady a big wat and she way-ed back with a big smile jap.gif

I know you guys in the big Patts have oodles of money but giving them a temple is a bit over the top & she was probably smiling at the 1000 Baht note stuck to your forehead!.

As for dress code, well as long as you have a shirt on for the photo, not much of an issue, I tend to blend in with what the locals are wearing , ie your going out flip flops!.

When getting my 5 years licenses I gave the lady a big wat and she way-ed back with a big smile jap.gif

I know you guys in the big Patts have oodles of money but giving them a temple is a bit over the top & she was probably smiling at the 1000 Baht note stuck to your forehead!.

As for dress code, well as long as you have a shirt on for the photo, not much of an issue, I tend to blend in with what the locals are wearing , ie your going out flip flops!.

I didn't give her a single bath. I still thinks that if you dress properly will give you some leeway. No I am not rich, but hard working in the oil off-shore industry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm

I would actually take that last one as more of an Urban Legend. If the story had not included an uninsured motorist I might have believed it. I would simply have called my insurance company and waited for them.

My friends insurance agent was present when the cop wrote up the report. He believes that the agent was intimidated by the Officers high rank.

If a police report states your friend stopped to quickly close to the car in front, and he is to blame for that, and insurance accepted this, there is no reason for your friend to accept any reduced NC bonus from insurance company or self detuctive. Keep the policereport as evidence

Hi kata, as a follow up, my friend just found out that he will not be losing his no claims bonus which is good news so it seems that yes they do accept that he was not at fault.

Whether they are pursuing a claim against the Merc they wouldn't let on.

Hmmmm

Hi kata, as a follow up, my friend just found out that he will not be losing his no claims bonus which is good news so it seems that yes they do accept that he was not at fault.

Whether they are pursuing a claim against the Merc they wouldn't let on.

Sometimes its fair :)

LOOKS LIKE THE OP.

has only made one post ,picked our brains ,

and not had the decency of a thank you ,

or, letting us know the outcome of the situation .

beware of newbies , enquires . :jap:

After only a short time here, I have come to realise that there are vast numbers of useless beaurocrats who can only justify their employment if they constantly invent the need for forms to be signed, and stamped, and unnecessary Visas to be paid for.

The system is in place to screw the farang. It is our constant task, as farangs, to minimised the depth of penetration.

And just be careful when you drive that car. If involved or in any way implicated in an accident, it is entirely your fault, regardless of the circumstances, because you are farang.

Few years back had an accident with a copper and he was found to be at fault. Your generic response is all BS.

Few years back had an accident with a copper and he was found to be at fault. Your generic response is all BS.

seconded

Was rearended by a Marine Police, another Marine Police witness, he still took the blame