Filghts From Russia

toenail

Within my 6 years living in Pattaya, the number of Russians have increased 400, 800percent. Now it is common to see families strolling down the beach promenade and Russina couples vacationing in the city. When I go to Central Shopping Center or sit at the beach, I think the majority of the people are Russian. Within the last couple years, we are also getting the "younger generation" who are full of class and are a nice change (unlike the retired farang chasing after some Thai chick).

The question I have is: How many flights are there a day to Utapao airport from Russia? What are the estimated numbers of them in town? If it wasn't for this new wave of visitors, many of the businesses would be closing down.

And, at least in my area, most of these Russians seem to be in the 25 - 35 age group. I have been wondering where these relatively young couples (especially at the younger end of that range) are getting the necessary money. With the distance involved, I don't think that they are coming here just for a weekend. I didn't think that Russia had yet developed the sort of broad middle-class to send this many vacationers abroad, since I am sure they are not all coming here. And, it is only November! Surely most people in Russia would prefer to make their winter escape either in the dark, cold days of Jan., or towards the end of a very long winter in April.

Maybe, the times they are a changing. I walked into a restaurant the other day, and the waiter handed me a Russian menu.

And, at least in my area, most of these Russians seem to be in the 25 - 35 age group. I have been wondering where these relatively young couples (especially at the younger end of that range) are getting the necessary money. With the distance involved, I don't think that they are coming here just for a weekend. I didn't think that Russia had yet developed the sort of broad middle-class to send this many vacationers abroad, since I am sure they are not all coming here. And, it is only November! Surely most people in Russia would prefer to make their winter escape either in the dark, cold days of Jan., or towards the end of a very long winter in April.

Maybe, the times they are a changing. I walked into a restaurant the other day, and the waiter handed me a Russian menu.

I live near the Ambassador...it's full of them. They are not really from "Russia", but from the other former Soviet bloc countries. Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Belarus, etc. I've chatted with a few...at least the ones who could speak English!

I was at the restaurant across the street from the hotel. Unreal to hear our Thai waiter speak Russian!

I live near the Ambassador...it's full of them. They are not really from "Russia", but from the other former Soviet bloc countries. Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Belarus, etc. I've chatted with a few...at least the ones who could speak English!

I think they start the charters from November to February but as for numbers, sorry.

I was at the restaurant across the street from the hotel. Unreal to hear our Thai waiter speak Russian!

Not just around Ambassador. I live in the Wongamat area; we now have a Russian Orthodox Church and a Russian estate agency called Russia House in the area. German signage is replaced with Russian. There are Russian speakers everywhere either from the motherland or the ex Soviet republics. I don'tknow if it is true but in conversation one day, a Russian told me there are flights daily and apparently Thailand is one of the few places with little or no visa hassles for them.

Welcome to St Pattyasberg.:whistling:

Not just around Ambassador. I live in the Wongamat area; we now have a Russian Orthodox Church and a Russian estate agency called Russia House in the area. German signage is replaced with Russian. There are Russian speakers everywhere either from the motherland or the ex Soviet republics. I don'tknow if it is true but in conversation one day, a Russian told me there are flights daily and apparently Thailand is one of the few places with little or no visa hassles for them.

Welcome to St Pattyasberg.:whistling:

That visa deal Thaksin made with Russia is what has done it, I would guess. When I was in Russia, I met a bunch of Thai tourists. Also hard for Thai's to get visas...but seems to be easy for Russia.