Merchant Accounts

Hello, im looking around for a bank to get a merchant account put onto my website...im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a bank with lowest fees etc and who are reliable ? also what documents i will need to get it started/or if i can? im on an australian passport however i have a thai wife... any help would be much appreciated thankyou

I beleive what the OP is looking for is a "Merchant account" this is the description for those wanting to set up a card payment system on a website. This term is generally used in the UK and US but I am not aware of it being available in Thailand. I will watch this post with close interest if it can. It enables the merchant account holder to take payments directly from card holders.

Personally I would suggest using a payment gateway, such as Google, if you want more info on that I can help, just message me if you want to discuss that option.

Advisable to set up your bank account overseas. Since Thai banks won't offer you merchant services unless you have a business account.

Most website operators have two choices:

1. Paypal

2. 2CheckOut, the fee to setup an account with them is $50.00.

Once you sign up with either party, they will then direct you the files you need to install their Icons. Simple.

You could use Thaiepay for online payment clearing, but they will need to see documents showing that the company/business is registered in Thailand (either sole trader with your Thai wife or Thai limited company). Thaiepay charges 4% commission on CC transactions.

For a merchant account, which should offer lower transaction fees than Thaiepay, you will also need to have a registered business. I have used THaiepay for many years, but am now setting up a Merchant Account with Kasikorn Bank (which is the same bank that Thaiepay use for their merchant processing)

Simon

You could use Thaiepay for online payment clearing, but they will need to see documents showing that the company/business is registered in Thailand (either sole trader with your Thai wife or Thai limited company). Thaiepay charges 4% commission on CC transactions.

For a merchant account, which should offer lower transaction fees than Thaiepay, you will also need to have a registered business. I have used THaiepay for many years, but am now setting up a Merchant Account with Kasikorn Bank (which is the same bank that Thaiepay use for their merchant processing)

Simon

Do Kasikorn require you to be a "Co. Ltd" rather than just an ordinary business owner.

its not like you just cant go look at the thai banks websites to get informationwhistling.gif

1. Copy of ID card of the authorized signatory (aged 20 years and over) in case foreigner Copy of passport and

work permit.

2. Copy of the authorized signatory.

3. Copy of Certificate of Incorporation or Partnership With objective To be registered not less than one year or more.

(Not over 30 days).

4. Copy of Certificate of Stamp Company (Boh. 3).

5. Copy proportion of shareholders (Boh. 5) Where the directors held more than 20%, attach a copy of your ID card.

6. A copy of the Memorandum.

7. Copy of VAT registration (VAT ID) (Individual: 20).

8. The account statement of last 6 months.

9. Commercial electronic copy (if available).

10. Maps, and photos of rooms establishment.

11. Documents showing the situation of occupier of the premises or leases.

12. Print preview of the store homepage. (Home page).

13. Stamp 30 Baht

14. Cases the Business Travel Agent to arrange tours. Must have a license issued by the Tourism Business Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

15. Cases that have a business license. Must have proof of pop as the copyright holder.

Edited by BillR

its not like you just cant go look at the thai banks websites to get informationwhistling.gif

1. Copy of ID card of the authorized signatory (aged 20 years and over) in case foreigner Copy of passport and

work permit.

2. Copy of the authorized signatory.

3. Copy of Certificate of Incorporation or Partnership With objective To be registered not less than one year or more.

(Not over 30 days).

4. Copy of Certificate of Stamp Company (Boh. 3).

5. Copy proportion of shareholders (Boh. 5) Where the directors held more than 20%, attach a copy of your ID card.

6. A copy of the Memorandum.

7. Copy of VAT registration (VAT ID) (Individual: 20).

8. The account statement of last 6 months.

9. Commercial electronic copy (if available).

10. Maps, and photos of rooms establishment.

11. Documents showing the situation of occupier of the premises or leases.

12. Print preview of the store homepage. (Home page).

13. Stamp 30 Baht

14. Cases the Business Travel Agent to arrange tours. Must have a license issued by the Tourism Business Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

15. Cases that have a business license. Must have proof of pop as the copyright holder.

Blood sample

Urine sample

Toenail clippings for DNA

:lol::lol::lol:

thanks for replys...i ask as i want some peoples experiances in thailand i know a number of banks do them ...i allready have a merchant account with an aussie bank...however for some umm tax purposes for the future just want to see where i will stand as this business will be registered in TH.....to stop the confusion...

i want to know which bank will be of less hassle to deal with?

what documents i need ? which bill covered thx...however it is thailand and i wanted some past experiance of a falanggg signing up...

which bank has lowest fees?

pattaya parent- i am a seller my business from thai will be purely online ...merchant accounts are needed to accept credit card payments straight to a bank and are usefull to cut out the middle man such as paypal etc

any more opinions and info on merchant accounts in thailand would be good

thx guys