How Long Have You Been In Thailand

the gentleman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of us would DIE to be as young as you.

One month? We do not even know how many days it is anymore,...

I mean, we envy you, sometimes,... :o  :D

No worries. I'm right behind you guys! :D

Keep that attitude, Lovely... :D

I lived in Bangkok from 1985 - 1992 with my Thai wife and stepson. In 1991 she got pregnant and went to the US to have the baby. It was strange, my Thai wife and stepson were living in San Francisco, and I was still in Bangkok for a year (had trouble finding work in the US). I moved back in 92 and have only visited Thailand 3 times since.

But.. I'm coming in May for some temporary work and possibly a full-time job. My wife is far less interested in moving back to Thailand than I am. She's happy here (Hawaii), and my younger son (now 12) is in denial that he's 50% Thai! He REALLY doesn't want to move there.

My older son is now 22 in the US navy, and still understands Thai but claims he can't speak it.

So.... I might be living alone in Bangkok again!

Came to Pattaya 1976, lived in Marine bar two years when I not sleep in Tamarind treehouse, Went back to scandinavia. Had a small MC accident and my government offer me pension from my government healht incurance (20years old) a couple of months later my dad die and make me rich (in Bath). Back to Thailand in 1979. First Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Koh samui, but i felt like the tourist follow me. 1985 move to a small village in Koh Pha-Ngan. 1990 married to Udon lady and stayed in her villiage about 1 year, then she died in traffic accident. Bought a MC and go nearly everywhere, stay for a while in Nongkhai and Loi. Now Marry again and live in Isan. Tired of touristplace. Been in Europe only 4 short

holidays since 1979 and dont miss it. Thailand is may be the same, but the Thais

have change from friendly charming to a greedy people without any manners.

So far still love Thailand.

this thread reminds me of a song from a musical that goes 'getting to know you...getting to know everything about you...' from some cooing musical actress in a frilly dress and a straw hat.

tutsi pushes the dress up over her face, rips off her tights, smells the sweets while growling 'getting to know you...'

Just over 3 years in BKK. Been robbed so many times I've lost count but still lub those LBFMs.

Retired domain name registrar.

Hey Udon, are you a retired US Marine? I have been looking for a friend of mine (retired Marine) that just disapeared, last I had contact he was in Udorn. Thanks.

Just over 3 years in BKK. Been robbed so many times I've lost count but still lub those LBFMs.

Can you explain this a little better? Scams---Over priced goods---Knifepoint/Gunpiont---Breakins---What???

What's a LBFM?

Go ahead and answer Udon :D:o:D

What's a  LBFM?

LBFM

Little Brown F*cking Machine

I am not 100% sure but I think this is a military term. Atleast that where I first heard of it. :o

Commonly used by servicemen but widely recognized as a term for BG's in the PI. :D

• 1 year later...