Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

Pattaya-times, that was a horrible article and you really need to get down to the beach and take a look at what is actually happening there. There are still eyewitness reports of scams going on (check the mayor's facebook) in Pattaya. One eyewitness report says that the new police working on the beach told the customers to pay up or go to jail. :bah:

TheWalkingMan

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These crimes are equal to carjacking...assault with a deadly weapon...kidnapping...hostage taking...home invasion and all done in broad daylight with full knowledge of the police.

These JETSKI THUGS go to the PATTAYA BEACH every single day with CRIMINAL INTENT.

It is time to cut and paste these posts and email them to every news agency around the world.

I am sending mine to Bkk CNN and Aljazeera.

Let them see all the Arabs scammed every single day.

Also I have emailed the US NAVY and US EMBASSY for travel advisories.

STOP THEIR CASH FLOW NOW!

And after work they drive away towing 6 jetskis per pickup truck on 6 trailers like a train illegaly to a rendezvous with their fellow scammers and to give the cut to the involved officials. All were drinking and acting out of control through traffic. Never stopping for red lights...like a funeral convoy.

I followed them through beach road and Bali Hai and down past Tapprya road on 3rd road and right on Pattaya Thai to their meeting place. At least 40 thugs were involved in the caravan.

Unfcuking believable the size of this criminal gang of thugs.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

This is obviously just another big show crackdown. Somehow the public that is renting the skis need to be warned. If that could be done, yes those still renting will be even bigger victims, but I reckon the fewer damaged by these violent criminals, the better.

It must be obvious (to me anyway) that the officials at the town hall are in on the scam or have been threatened

Think the only way now is a letter to Yingluck,or have a word with the Bangkok cops,either way protesting locally is dead in the water (wish the scammers were). .

I had a thought what if ONE operator decided to go totally legit and made a big deal about it. Open books open to everyone with a record of all runs, any damage done, what compensation was asked for so you could see if reasonable or not, legit digital picture archive history on all skis. Advertise, we don't scam you, guaranteed 100 percent!! Imagine. How long would they live?

Just in from a few hours on the beach. Watched 3 scams go down. All the usual suspects.

So 3 scams before 3.30pm I was down there from 4-5pm and saw 2 they were just starting so must have been different to the ones you saw.

I am avoiding the Mikes and Royal Garden area at the moment as that is where I was threatened a week ago, my face is too well known there.

Saw 1 opposite the police station then rode down the walking street end and saw another 1.

The first lot down from walking street weren't there today not even any tables or umbrellas up.

And after work they drive away towing 6 jetskis per pickup truck on 6 trailers like a train illegaly to a rendezvous with their fellow scammers and to give the cut to the involved officials. All were drinking and acting out of control through traffic. Never stopping for red lights...like a funeral convoy.

I followed them through beach road and Bali Hai and down past Tapprya road on 3rd road and right on Pattaya Thai to their meeting place. At least 40 thugs were involved in the caravan.

Be interesting to know where they store them overnight.

I'm thinking bad thoughts now. :whistling:

Be interesting to know where they store them overnight.

I'm thinking bad thoughts now. :whistling:

same ideas here

Pattata City hall should organize a new sporting event for jet ski's (The Pattaya Jet Ski Demolition Derby ) put the lot of them out on the bay and they can knock the sh_t out of each other until there is only one floating , I would give the 500 baht for a ticket to watch it and that can go to the winner.

The rest are out of business 

written by Elnet, Sat 12 Jul 2008 19:08:10 CDT

Later, I noticed two young guys rent a couple of jet skis from two rough looking guys. When they returned the jetskis, the vendors went right to the "broken" parts (rubber moulding that they lifted up). I did not think the big Thai who operated the beach chair rental operation was involved, but the vendors called this guy over to "judge" the damage! He was part of the scam! You could see them going back and forth with negotiations with the two guys!

Hit them where it hurts! This rental chair operation and jet ski scam is opposite "Spices" Indian restaurant on Beach Road, Pattaya. The operator is an older Thai or Chinese, with a big head.

http://www.bangkokscams.com/scams-in-thailand/jet-ski-scam-in-kamala-beach-phuket.html

This was a scam reported in july 2008 and 3 years on no change :)

April 2011

hu 14 Apr 2011 06:08:24 CDT

Another Victims report

I am embarrassed to say I was a victim of this scam. My and my friend rented two jet skis in Pattaya and did NOT have any accident. Upon return they demanded 80,000 Thai baht for a few scrapes we didn't make. We didn't have the money and 7 or 8 boys started beating us. We both had to go to the hospital for injuries. Later we told the police who said there was nothing they could do and we should have just paid them.

I WILL NEVER COME TO THAILAND AGAIN and have been telling everyone I know to do the same.

http://www.bangkokscams.com/scams-in-thailand/jet-ski-scam-in-kamala-beach-phuket.html

Edited by saintofsilence

Does anyone have a youtube link to the jet ski scam exposed in Phuket last year by a film crew ?

Here's a link to thailand undercover youtube channel

http://www.youtube.c...9917&feature=iv

Jet Ski whistleblower faces year in jail....flees Thailand:

"Producer cameraman Gavin Hill, who captured jet-ski scams on camera in Phuket, has made a ''strategic withdrawal,'' fleeing Bangkok as his Thai crew faced up to a year in jail. They stand accused of assisting in the filming of a sequence which could ''damage the country's image''. From London, Hill said: ''I did not wish to argue my case from prison.''

AND THE SCAMS CONTINUE....

Fear not! Yesterday around 4:30PM an extremely dangerous woman was arrested for trying to sell inflatable children's beach toys. Her illicit merchandise was confiscated, and she was taken to the police station. :annoyed:

A couple of months back I saw them grab a really old man with 1 arm selling dried squid he was taking away for making a few baht and the scammers were taking thousands of tourists.

Fear not! Yesterday around 4:30PM an extremely dangerous woman was arrested for trying to sell inflatable children's beach toys. Her illicit merchandise was confiscated, and she was taken to the police station. :annoyed:

A couple of months back I saw them grab a really old man with 1 arm selling dried squid he was taking away for making a few baht and the scammers were taking thousands of tourists.

Therein lies the problem - he wasn't making enough to pay them off!

On the 5Th August Pattaya One reported.

"From now on the seabed will be a rosy place because all jet-ski operators will have to be licensed on a yearly renewable basis, all their employees will be registered as will all jet-skis, and operators will have to take out proper insurance. A coupon system, similar to what is in place in many food-courts, will be set up whereby a potential customer will have to pay at a City Hall-controlled desk on the beach, showing his or her passport, and then pay the agreed fee as well as a tax and insurance impost. All jetski operators have to be registered by the 10th of August."

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/36934/city-hall-hollers-for-a-marshal-to-come-to-grips-with-pattaya-jet-ski-problems/

Then on 12th August Pattaya mail reported

"Licenses would eventually be issued and Ronakit said matters related to insurance for the jet skis would be discussed at a later meeting.A number of ideas related to regulating the jet ski industry were proposed, many of them heard several times before. One new suggestion, however, was to create a centralized rental desk where tourists would purchase coupons covering rental of any jet ski as well as insurance cover for any damage they might cause."

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-officials-finally-move-against-jet-ski-vendors-5384?ref=pmci

Also on the 15th August Pattaya Times

"Pattaya Mayor Itthipol Kunplome ordered his administrative team, including the local prosecutor, to sit down with all Pattaya jet ski and boat operators to resolve the jet ski scams"

http://pattaya-times...ding-in-pattaya

Looks like the Pattaya One report was completely WRONG!!!!

Nothing has been decided at these meetings apart from as usual the need for MORE meetings.

Stalling tactics too allow business as usual on the beach.

It is obvious now that all this is nothing more than a charade.

Edited by kevkev1888

Does anyone have a youtube link to the jet ski scam exposed in Phuket last year by a film crew ?

"Producer cameraman Gavin Hill, who captured jet-ski scams on camera in Phuket, has made a ''strategic withdrawal,'' fleeing Bangkok as his Thai crew faced up to a year in jail. They stand accused of assisting in the filming of a sequence which could ''damage the country's image''. From London, Hill said: ''I did not wish to argue my case from prison.''

It makes you wonder how long threads such as these will stay up on this forum.

Looks like the Pattaya One report was completely WRONG!!!!

Nothing has been decided at these meetings apart from as usual the need for MORE meetings.

Stalling tactics too allow business as usual on the beach.

It is obvious now that all this is nothing more than a charade.

I guess the next meeting will involve many high ranking officials and will be held for a few days at some plush resort next to a golf course....[probably with some jet ski owners ].

They will need R&R after such serious work.

Tom Johnston

July 14, 2011 | 9:40 pm

Was in Pattaya for 3 weeks in June, the scam is still going strong, we notice arguements almost every time we walked alomh the beach road, the problem is that most Thai’s arn’t that bothered about tourists being ripped off, its a big laugh for them. My wife is Thai and I’ve spoken about this to her family but its not something they care about, I stoped with my son to watch one fight and got the usual mouthful of abuse but as we both speak Thai we were able to give the same back mind you being backed up by my wifes 4 rather large brothers helped a lot. Perhaps the tour compsnies or the better hotels could warn newcomers to pattaya about this as it not going to stop.

Read more: http://thailandlandofsmiles.com/2011/03/06/mayor-of-pattaya-listening/#ixzz1VGzA3QTs

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Tom Johnston

July 14, 2011 | 9:40 pm

Was in Pattaya for 3 weeks in June, the scam is still going strong, we notice arguements almost every time we walked alomh the beach road, the problem is that most Thai’s arn’t that bothered about tourists being ripped off, its a big laugh for them. My wife is Thai and I’ve spoken about this to her family but its not something they care about, I stoped with my son to watch one fight and got the usual mouthful of abuse but as we both speak Thai we were able to give the same back mind you being backed up by my wifes 4 rather large brothers helped a lot. Perhaps the tour compsnies or the better hotels could warn newcomers to pattaya about this as it not going to stop.

Read more: http://thailandlandofsmiles.com/2011/03/06/mayor-of-pattaya-listening/#ixzz1VGzA3QTs

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

As I have mentioned before on this thread they do scam Thais as well. I was sitting on the beach with my girlfriend when they scammed some young Bangkok thais.

Very unpleasant.

Passed by, "simon complex" beach road, first time I saw no customers at "grumpy beards" jet tent!! loved it!! som nom na... These guys are finally getting there karma... These guys are dangerous, so please tell all your ex-pat mates and freinds... they will hit you hard over a slice of pizza!! cheers

here is a link about it http://www.andrew-drummond.com/view-story-other.php?sid=184

Edited by saintofsilence

here is a link about it http://www.andrew-dr...her.php?sid=184

held at pellet gun point it seems