Pattaya Jetskis

sharecropper

You are dealing with an organized gang of criminals, bringing in 300,000 baht a day, with police backing, that have a history of attacking tourists. No?

Even the Pattaya Mayor can't stop them. (not sure if he really wanted to)

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are dealing with an organized gang of criminals, bringing in 300,000 baht a day, with police backing, that have a history of attacking tourists. No?

Even the Pattaya Mayor can't stop them. (not sure if he really wanted to)

I'd be surprised if they were not making much more than that considering it happens all down the beach, all day long.

The Mayor may have been sincere when he vowed to stop them but in his defense, the scam has been going on since before he was born.

The criminals are entrenched and also appear to be the ones tasked with enforcing the laws.

If the jet ski scam does get shut down, what are the criminal punks running the beach (and their protectors) going to do to bring in 300,000 a day ?

The Mayor may have been sincere when he vowed to stop them but in his defense, the scam has been going on since before he was born.

The criminals are entrenched and also appear to be the ones tasked with enforcing the laws.

If the jet ski scam does get shut down, what are the criminal punks running the beach (and their protectors) going to do to bring in 300,000 a day ?

they may have to stop smoking yabba

they may have to stop smoking yabba

or start selling more of it

Jet Ski Operators in Hot Water at City Hall

Another meeting took place at Pattaya City Hall between Deputy Mayor Ronnakit Aegasing and representatives from the Jet Ski Operators from Pattaya and Jomtien. This meeting was to update all concerned about rules and regulations regarding Jet Skis and Speedboats operating in the area. Another thorny issue concerned the increasing number of complaints from tourists who claimed they were being overcharged for compensation when they were blamed for causing accidents to the Jet Skis after they were returned to the operator. Many disputed causing damage and deemed it a scam and as a result both Pattaya and Jet Ski operators has a bad reputation especially when the international media get hold of the stories. It was decided that further information is needed to be collected before decisions are given in the very near future.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=27576

Pattaya Municipality Will Deal Urgently with Jet Ski Mafia

Pattaya Municipality Hurry to Solve Jet Ski mafia problem as it severely affects the image of Pattaya.

Pattaya, 26 July 2011 [PDN]; At the Pattaya Municipal Administratiion, Mr. Chaowalit Seanguthai, Banglamung Chief Administrator along with Mr. Ronnakit Ekasing, Pattaya Deputy Mayor, Mr. Soontorn Rattanavarakorn, Pattaya Assistant district director and related Pattaya goventment officers, and Jet ski entrepreneurs had a meeting to solve the serious problem of Pattaya’s tourism image relating to news that tourists were threatened and extorted for money by Jet ski entrepreneurs Pattaya were.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2011/07/28/pattaya-municipality-will-deal-urgently-with-jet-ski-mafia/

Pattaya’s Jet Ski Problems Not Solved Yet

Pattaya Municipalily called for the jet ski operators to register their jet ski businesses, to have insurances and stop extorting money from tourists. The jet ski operators claimed that they could not afford the insurance fee.

Pattaya, August 3, 2011, [PDN]; Pattaya Municipal Administration, Mr Chaowalit Seanguthai, Banglamung Deputy Chief Officer, Mr Ronnakij Ekasing, Pattaya Deputy Mayor, Mr. Soontorn Rattanavaraha, Pattaya District Chief, Pattaya Police and a various jet ski operators met to solve Pattaya’s jet ski problem.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-08-05

Looks like something might be happening in the next few days. Congrats to the international media!!!!

http://www.thaivisa...._gopid__4606168

wouldn't hold your breath. Too much money involved here. Remember about 5 years ago when someone tried to start a bus service in opposition to the baht bus mafia? Think they near murdered a driver and the bus operation shut down

Looks like something might be happening in the next few days. Congrats to the international media!!!!

wouldn't hold your breath. Too much money involved here. Remember about 5 years ago when someone tried to start a bus service in opposition to the baht bus mafia? Think they near murdered a driver and the bus operation shut down

In the infamous words of Martin Luther King: "I have a dream!":)

In the infamous words of Martin Luther King: "I have a dream!":)

in this instance a wet dream

Head of Senate tourism panel slams poor city management of Pattaya Beach Friday

The chairwoman of the Senate’s Tourism Committee slammed poor city management of Pattaya Beach and said worsening environmental and leisure conditions are impeding efforts to attract high-end tourists.

At a July 20 hearing at the Dusit Thani Hotel, Thanyarat Ajariyachai said bookings at five- and three-star hotels in Pattaya have declined due to Pattaya Beach’s ongoing erosion problem, aging facilities and scams by beach vendors. She said the beach lacked proper management and control and said that unless something was done, Pattaya would quickly revert to a destination only for sex tourists.

Full story HERE

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2011-08-07 footer_n.gif

While watching the scams, I met a couple from Australia. They mentioned that the situation was broadcast on Australian TV recently. They came to the beach to see for themselves.

4 scams happening simutainsly in front of the Royal Garden.

Needles to say, they were disgusted to see it is worse than what was portrayed on the TV show.

While watching the scams, I met a couple from Australia. They mentioned that the situation was broadcast on Australian TV recently. They came to the beach to see for themselves.

Needles to say, they were disgusted to see it is worse than what was portrayed on the TV show.

Stay safe, Paul! Would love to hear from you after this new rule goes into place. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Stay safe is right!

I think these scum are feeling the heat a bit now.

Today I was threatened with violence purely for watching. I didn't try to intervene in anyway and had no camera or anything. This was just before Royal Garden, I was watching the pay off 25K Baht changed hands. I was only a few feet away and looked the guy right in the eye as if to say I know what you are doing.

As the marks left the guy gave me the finger and as I walked away one of the bosses came after me and was aggressive asking if I had a problem and did I want to fight.

I basically said nowt carried on walking and luckily after a minute or two he let it go at that.

Surprisingly I can't find a picture of him anywhere on the internet, (no doubt I would be in trouble for posting it anyway) but for those familiar with the scum down there. I think he is one of the main guys in the Royal Garden area has a haircut like a lions main and wears the chunkiest neck chain ever known to man usually shirtless.

Actually saw 3 scams in the hour or so I was down there today.

Jomtien beach for me for a while I think.

Edited by kevkev1888

Stay safe is right!

I think these scum are feeling the heat a bit now.

Today I was threatened with violence purely for watching. I didn't try to intervene in anyway and had no camera or anything. This was just before Royal Garden, I was watching the pay off 25K Baht changed hands. I was only a few feet away and looked the guy right in the eye as if to say I know what you are doing.

As the marks left the guy gave me the finger and as I walked away one of the bosses came after me and was aggressive asking if I had a problem and did I want to fight.

I basically said nowt carried on walking and luckily after a minute or two he let it go at that.

Surprisingly I can't find a picture of him anywhere on the internet, (no doubt I would be in trouble for posting it anyway) but for those familiar with the scum down there. I think he is one of the main guys in the Royal Garden area has a haircut like a lions main and wears the chunkiest neck chain ever known to man usually shirtless.

Actually saw 3 scams in the hour or so I was down there today.

Jomtien beach for me for a while I think.

He is in a lot of the scams they are a dangerous lot of people with no respect for the law just keep clear of them kev its obvious all these meetings mean nothing to them

Edited by saintofsilence

has anyone noticed them pulling off rubber trim as they float the ski for the impending victim after they take the photo, there is always a hands on handover :whistling:

I hope these new regulations state that the customer is not responsible for Rubber Trims or bad paintwork because these guys will try anything to get more than a hiring fee.

Once the customer pays the insurance that should be it including down time for repairs.

Stay safe, Paul! Would love to hear from you after this new rule goes into place. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I had a brush one of the mikes shopping mall group back in january. nothing major but they knew i had been watching them as they made me twice in a week.

since then i have left them to it on that part of the beach, just too risky to provoke them

They have guys watching the crowd when the scams are going down now.

I sat there watching the other day and some punks came and sat next to and behind me.

The Pattaya Mayors page has been getting lots of comments:

http://www.facebook.com/PattayaFuture

so now we are saying that you can't go sit on the beach without being intimidated, for me that is worse than the scam itself as strictly speaking you are just sitting admiring the view

and if anyone believes this move by the so called authorities is going to make a difference then you are very very naive

They have guys watching the crowd when the scams are going down now.

I sat there watching the other day and some punks came and sat next to and behind me.

The Pattaya Mayors page has been getting lots of comments:

http://www.facebook.com/PattayaFuture

so now we are saying that you can't go sit on the beach without being intimidated, for me that is worse than the scam itself as strictly speaking you are just sitting admiring the view

and if anyone believes this move by the so called authorities is going to make a difference then you are very very naive

The beach is also not a safe place to be taking photos especially of jet skis there have already been a couple of threats reported on thai visa The jet ski's should be moved away from the swimming areas an ideal place to put them would be the bottom of the ocean. :)

In relation to if the new regulations will make a difference we have to wait and see how many changes their are personally I believe they will make a difference but time will tell.