Australian Great Escape.

OK. Ozzydom's been there. Enough said.  I must visit.

Croc...Visit where ? Lampards pub ? :o

Croc....I'll be in Bkk next week.....would be more than happy to drink at Lampards pub... :D:D ....just to watch him have a cry when England get smashed in this Test.... :D:D .......

course Lampard would have to invite the Fly..... :D

I'd love to have you come and visit. I'll have to be on the lookout for the Police though, cause by the content of some of your posts, you're not old enough to drink. :D

ouch :D

:D:D

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Ozzydom's been there. Enough said.  I must visit.

Croc...Visit where ? Lampards pub ? :D

Croc....I'll be in Bkk next week.....would be more than happy to drink at Lampards pub... :D:D ....just to watch him have a cry when England get smashed in this Test.... :D:D .......

course Lampard would have to invite the Fly..... :D

I'd love to have you come and visit. I'll have to be on the lookout for the Police though, cause by the content of some of your posts, you're not old enough to drink. :D

Lampard....u and Pro Fart must have thought up that one together...... :o:D

Two days to go, then battle recommences. Tips please. Mine; another high scoring draw.

The weather is changing here.

Apart from the fact it is pissing down right now (usual climate in the Pennines), the end of Summer has begun. This I can see from my early morning walks; there is a sharper contrast between the night time temperature and the day time.

The days are still around 20 but the night time falls to often around 10 or below. This leaves a fine mist close over grassy surfaces in the mornings - especially those close to rivers such as the Trent.

This moisture in the air has got to mean something to the swing bowlers.

The BBC website seems to agree with my theory.

So I'm hedgingly going to predict that the scoring will not be so high as Birmingham - but as to who will win?

Thank God there is five days of sport to decide this dilemma.

Two days to go, then battle recommences. Tips please. Mine; another high scoring draw.

Apart from the fact it is pissing down right now (usual climate in the Pennines), the end of Summer has begun. This I can see from my early morning walks; there is a sharper contrast between the night time temperature and the day time.

The days are still around 20 but the night time falls to often around 10 or below. This leaves a fine mist close over grassy surfaces in the mornings - especially those close to rivers such as the Trent.

So I'm hedgingly going to predict that the scoring will not be so high as Birmingham - but as to who will win?

Getting toey for the resumption of the big game Thomas? Have you got Tickets?

I always wondered how you tell the difference between summer and winter over there. I now have an insight.

I'm hoping Oz have the guts to try our young bloke, Tait, for this test. He can reverse swing the ball at good pace and bowls a great yorker. May tend to be a bit erratic though.

Last test was the first 5 dayer Oz have played in ages. If it hadn't been for the rain on day 3 we would have wrapped it up a little earlier. Particularly with our great batsman McGarth at the crease. Your mob has yet to dismiss him this series! :o

Getting toey for the resumption of the big game Thomas? Have you got Tickets?

I always wondered how you tell the difference between summer and winter over there. I now have an insight.

I'm hoping Oz have the guts to try our young bloke, Tait, for this test. He can reverse swing the ball at good pace and bowls a great yorker. May tend to be a bit erratic though.

Last test was the first 5 dayer Oz have played in ages. If it hadn't been for the rain on day 3 we would have wrapped it up a little earlier. Particularly with our great batsman McGarth at the crease. Your mob has yet to dismiss him this series! :o

No tickets unfortunately.

Last I heard:

Paceman Shaun Tait will make his Test debut for Australia in Thursday's fourth Ashes encounter at Trent Bridge.

The 22-year-old got the nod ahead of Glamorgan's Michael Kasprowicz as the tourists look for an alternative to the out-of-form Jason Gillespie.

Tait becomes the first Australian bowler to make his debut in an Ashes match since Matt Nicholson in 1998-99.

Kasprowicz could still feature for the Aussies if fast bowler Glenn McGrath fails to shake off an elbow injury.

McGrath, who missed the second Test with an ankle injury, complained of soreness in his right elbow during Tuesday's practice at Trent Bridge and has already had a scan.

It seems that Tait is as menacing and pacy as Brett Lee.He already punctured an opener in their last warm up match against an english county side.It seems interesting to see him bowling with Lee.But I still hope and wish that Marcus Trescothick,Pieterson and Flintoff can tore both of them apart. :o

Lunch England 129-1................................Ozzie bowling terrible. 18 no-balls.

hi Lampard,are you showing cricket?The problem is for me is that I don't drink.I just drink soft drinks.What about the meal menu at Farang connection? :o

Nor do I. Look at the menu http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com.

Anyway; who told you you have to drink in a restaurant :D

Lunch England 129-1................................Ozzie bowling terrible. 18 no-balls.

hi Lampard,are you showing cricket?The problem is for me is that I don't drink.I just drink soft drinks.What about the meal menu at Farang connection? :D

Boy !you poms are a giggle, 2 hours into a 5 day test and your already counting your winnings. We Aussies will just sit and watch you blokes go quiet when the tide turns. :o

hi Lampard,are you showing cricket?The problem is for me is that I don't drink.I just drink soft drinks.What about the meal menu at Farang connection? :D

Boy !you poms are a giggle, 2 hours into a 5 day test and your already counting your winnings. We Aussies will just sit and watch you blokes go quiet when the tide turns. :o

Well I am not a Pom,an indian origin guy.But I appreciate good cricket and good teams such as england at the moment.Aussies've been too arrogant and they deserve to be beaten by someone's who's better than them.

Go England Go. :D

hi Lampard,are you showing cricket?The problem is for me is that I don't drink.I just drink soft drinks.What about the meal menu at Farang connection? :o

Nor do I. Look at the menu http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com.

Anyway; who told you you have to drink in a restaurant :D

With all you Brits there you need a drink to wash the bull-dust down :D

Well I am not a Pom,an indian origin guy.But I appreciate good cricket and good teams such as england at the moment.Aussies've been too arrogant and they deserve to be beaten by someone's who's better than them.

Go England Go. :D

What happened to the "Everybody loves a Winner" theory, I think theres more than just a touch of jealousy rearing its ugly head,but then its much more self satisfying to say that the Aussies are arrogant than to admit to petty jealousy ,isnt it. :D

Everybody loves a nice winner,Not an arrogant winner like the aussies have been.Well why jealous?The reality is that since last 4/5 years of aussie supermacy,there have been no quality bowlers in the world and the standard of all teams have been very bad.The histroy since last 4/5 years suggest that Aussies have always struggled against good pace or spin bowling but they just got away coz their bowlers were better than the rest of the world's.

It's raining there .

The news isn't great at the moment. As we had suggested before the

start of play, there is a bit of rain aroun.

A heavy shower during the lunch break has meant that the covers are

on

Fortunately the groundstaff were alert to the possibility and had

the covers on before the raingot heavy

They are now working hard to get the field of play ready

We're unable to tell you exactly when that will be, but can assure

you that you won't miss a ball of the action if you stay with

Cricinfo.

[

And you Ozzies are worse; two hours into the match and you're off on your bloody rain dance :D

Ha Ha would you like me to do "a little Ray of Sunshine for ya Lampy :D