Australian Great Escape.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing else, that was a truly fantastic game of Cricket. I've never really been into the 5 dayers, usually a bit boring. I like the 20/20's, knocking the ball all over the place but that was spectacular, edge of the seat stuff and it's won me over. However, i'm a Brit and don't feel confident enough to be boasting just yet. Knowing the Aussies, they'll be spitting feathers and they won't take that defeat lightly.

What is really funny though, is seeing the old codger Umpires wearing those trendy Shades as if they're Don Johnson or something :o

If you want to change your shout now to exactly who is the best cricket team in the world, now is your chance.

Results from a new poll for the most misplaced crowing before Australian humilation read as follows;

Siam Superfly 100%

Old Croc 1oo%

Bronco 100%

Mororama360 100%

ETC!

You know who you are!!

Well we did tell you during the one dayers that your best player then was a Pom and that you are in fact crap. A few lucky balls at Lords swung it for you but now class will out!

This is an Amnesty where all Aussies who are at the moment eating massive quantities of <deleted>, can wipe their previous posts and say things like;

'I reckon that Giles can spin it a bit'

'That Flintoff is some player'

'McGarth can't play Rugby without falling over a ball'

'Warne really is a fat useless <deleted>'

'Ponting has zero cricketing sense'

'Why didn't we play our Pom who made a ton for Lancs while our batsmen floundered?'

Etc etc etc. Please feel free to add you own.

OK the above was just to get Supermouth going although I don't think he'll be here again.

You guys have to admit that Aussie cricket is dead. Whither the next batsmen and more importantly the bowlers?

I refuse to belive that in Shield cricket there are no better bowlers than Lee, Gillespie etc.

Is the pipeline really as empty as Slater says it is?

I reckon u might be jumping here gun here Dr Gassy Arsecheeks . Congrats to the soapdodgers , they were the better team. But, winning by two runs, the result could have gone either way Compare this to the first test where Australia crushed the poms . It sucks losing but great to see Aussie spirit in the tail end to get back in the match. I ask the question, would the poms have as much grit and fight as Australia when the chips are down ?

Ok,I like to see it as a fresh three series test match now .

I woudn't take Slater too seriously, he got dropped and is still harping on about it years later .

Mororama 360...cute :D

You poms have got to be joking........the first glimmer of hope and there is a literal torrent of posting, who would have seen that coming? :D  :D You lot are completely transparent.....all i can say is that i thouroghly enjoyed the game.....Yes england won but it was simply a fantastic match with superb performances from both sides. I saw some englishmen in the crowd dressed as old ladys with handbags......just thought i would let you know :o  :D

Those Englishmen dressed as women would have been pommy MP's. They've long been known for their penchant to cross dress :D

Don't forget Awexander Downer's fetish for dressing up, or Vanny the Trannyand Jenny George(Tootsie) :D

Now Lee is likely to miss Old Trafford with a knee infection it seems like it really will be carnage unless Warne can do a Laker.

Or if the selectors take a chance and put two spinners in the team . If it was me, I would risk it, Mcgill is very underrated, if not for that 'other guy' he would have have been a shoe in for every test side in the last ten years or so. England look like they have no idea how to play a leggie(or maybe the blonde slob is just too good).

Not sure if Lee will be missing, if so..my bowlers would be Dizzy, Kaspa, Blondey and gorilla . . Only two fast bowlers, risky I know :o

:o

If you want to change your shout now to exactly who is the best cricket team in the world, now is your chance.

Results from a new poll for the most misplaced crowing before Australian humilation read as follows;

Siam Superfly 100%

Old Croc 1oo%

Bronco 100%

Mororama360 100%

ETC!

You know who you are!!

Well we did tell you during the one dayers that your best player then was a Pom and that you are in fact crap. A few lucky balls at Lords swung it for you but now class will out!

This is an Amnesty where all Aussies who are at the moment eating massive quantities of <deleted>, can wipe their previous posts and say things like;

'I reckon that Giles can spin it a bit'

'That Flintoff is some player'

'McGarth can't play Rugby without falling over a ball'

'Warne really is a fat useless <deleted>'

'Ponting has zero cricketing sense'

'Why didn't we play our Pom who made a ton for Lancs while our batsmen floundered?'

Etc etc etc. Please feel free to add you own.

OK the above was just to get Supermouth going although I don't think he'll be here again.

You guys have to admit that Aussie cricket is dead. Whither the next batsmen and more importantly the bowlers?

I refuse to belive that in Shield cricket there are no better bowlers than Lee, Gillespie etc.

Is the pipeline really as empty as Slater says it is?

I reckon u might be jumping here gun here Dr Gassy Arsecheeks . Congrats to the soapdodgers , they were the better team. But, winning by two runs, the result could have gone either way Compare this to the first test where Australia crushed the poms . It sucks losing but great to see Aussie spirit in the tail end to get back in the match. I ask the question, would the poms have as much grit and fight as Australia when the chips are down ?

Ok,I like to see it as a fresh three series test match now .

I woudn't take Slater too seriously, he got dropped and is still harping on about it years later .

Mororama 360...cute :D

You poms have got to be joking........the first glimmer of hope and there is a literal torrent of posting, who would have seen that coming? :D  :D You lot are completely transparent.....all i can say is that i thouroghly enjoyed the game.....Yes england won but it was simply a fantastic match with superb performances from both sides. I saw some englishmen in the crowd dressed as old ladys with handbags......just thought i would let you know :D  :D

Those Englishmen dressed as women would have been pommy MP's. They've long been known for their penchant to cross dress :D

Don't forget Awexander Downer's fetish for dressing up, or Vanny the Trannyand Jenny George(Tootsie) :D

Downer spent a lotta years in London. His dear old dad was Oz High Commissioner there. The boy must have met some Dodger MP's who showed him how to dress. I don't think either gender would take on Handy Mandy, and our Jenny is a committed bloke. :D

[

in the tail end to get back in the match. I ask the question, would the poms have as much grit and fight as Australia when the chips are down ?

Sorry 350, but were we watching the same match, or were you watching Supermouth's version. I could swear I saw the English tailenders put up just as good a fight to get some repectability into the score. Maybe I was mistaken. What surprises me is as yet no Australian has put the two match scores together and come up with a figure that puts the Aussies ahead, just like some of you did in the one day series. Come on lads you can do better than that. After all you were all quiet for a long time afterwards, consulting your script writers. It's quite obvious to me though you all seem to be using the same source as that great well known Australian wit and literary genius, the one and only " Siam Supermouth"

I am very pleased to say though, that after we were hammered in the first test, all the Poms were in unison with saying 'Well done Australia' and not one of us posted any excuses. :o

But then again our forefathers were Gentlemen. :D

[

in the tail end to get back in the match. I ask the question, would the poms have as much grit and fight as Australia when the chips are down ?

Sorry 350, but were we watching the same match, or were you watching Supermouth's version. I could swear I saw the English tailenders put up just as good a fight to get some repectability into the score. Maybe I was mistaken. What surprises me is as yet no Australian has put the two match scores together and come up with a figure that puts the Aussies ahead, just like some of you did in the one day series. Come on lads you can do better than that. After all you were all quiet for a long time afterwards, consulting your script writers. It's quite obvious to me though you all seem to be using the same source as that great well known Australian wit and literary genius, the one and only " Siam Supermouth"

I am very pleased to say though, that after we were hammered in the first test, all the Poms were in unison with saying 'Well done Australia' and not one of us posted any excuses. :o

Lampard the Blueblood. How should we address you?

Lord , Earl , Duke, Sir or just plain Guvner.

Typical soapy comment profart, you havn't won this game yet,

?

Most of us said we know Australia are the best in the world, but their crown is slipping. Slipping!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha. The understatement of the century. It fallen round your necks and throttled you. Glenn Mc Garth ( sorry I've got to keep up this ridiculous facade) got all the votes from the TV voters. So, I presume that without him you are nothing. A bunch of has beens. .

:o:D:D Yes we are being throttled by our own 1st place position..........

[

Lampard the Blueblood. How should we address you?

Lord , Earl , Duke, Sir or just plain Guvner.

Same as most people if you like..........Fat Bastad :D