Australian Great Escape.

If this is not the choking nature of the sub continental teams in the worldcup finals (1999 Pakistan) (2003 India) I hardly suspect Austrlia would have won the last 2 worldcups.

Excuses excuses,Now Aussies are to blame because there opponents choke, Why dont you pretend to be a true sportsman and admit the Aussies won because they were the best team.At least we can do that when we are beaten (whenever that was ) :o

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back to Trent Bridge. Tjhe most unusual things just

happened.

Play was about to get under way. Steve Bucknor walked out on to the

field, and immediately the rain began again.

So the news, I'm afraid, is that it is still raining at Trent

Bridge.

Lunch:

129-1

Warne bowling like a petulant test bowler.

The rest of the aussie bowlers have a bet on as to who can get the most no-balls.

Tait is not test class - yet.

England are batting like the new holders of the Ashes.

OK Weve had 1 session of a 5 day test match and England are batting on a dead flat perfect batting wicket. Tait has bowled 5 overs and i believe the series is still tied at 1 all.

Just shows how much you know about cricket Thomas.

Lunch England 129-1................................Ozzie bowling terrible. 18 no-balls.

hi Lampard,are you showing cricket?The problem is for me is that I don't drink.I just drink soft drinks.What about the meal menu at Farang connection? :D

Boy !you poms are a giggle, 2 hours into a 5 day test and your already counting your winnings. We Aussies will just sit and watch you blokes go quiet when the tide turns. :o

Well I am not a Pom,an indian origin guy.But I appreciate good cricket and good teams such as england at the moment.Aussies've been too arrogant and they deserve to be beaten by someone's who's better than them.

Go England Go. :D

A Gangully fan are we sas_cars?

Lunch England 129-1................................Ozzie bowling terrible. 18 no-balls.

hi Lampard,are you showing cricket?The problem is for me is that I don't drink.I just drink soft drinks.What about the meal menu at Farang connection? :D

Boy !you poms are a giggle, 2 hours into a 5 day test and your already counting your winnings. We Aussies will just sit and watch you blokes go quiet when the tide turns. :o

Well I am not a Pom,an indian origin guy.But I appreciate good cricket and good teams such as england at the moment.Aussies've been too arrogant and they deserve to be beaten by someone's who's better than them.

Speaking of arrogant pr1cks :D

Now a days Flintoff and Pieterson's fan :D

England checked by Aussie revival

Fourth Ashes Test, Trent Bridge (day one, close): England 229-4 v Australia

England reached 229-4 as Australia fought back with three wickets in the final session of a truncated opening day of the fourth Test at Trent Bridge.

Marcus Trescothick's third fifty of the series put England in command at 129-1 before rain arrived during lunch.

When play finally resumed debutant Shaun Tait ousted Trescothick for 65 and also claimed Ian Bell cheaply.

Michael Vaughan and Kevin Pietersen were both dropped but went on to share 67 before the skipper fell for 58.

See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4181332.stm

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Speaking of arrogant pr1cks :o

Oy; I resemble that remark :D

Old Fat Bastard Arrogant Prlck! We could be twins Lampy! :D

(I was born may 48. You?)

Same...............may 19th 1948. Don't say you're my Antipodean alterego?

16th May. You should show more respect to your elders. :D

Not if you're an old,fat,ugly senile bastaad like myself :D

Not if you're an old,fat,ugly senile bastaad like myself :D

Pray silence, you plebs, for the class of ’47.

I’ve just realised, after reading your small collection of billet-douxs, as to why it is this great 5-day game has such an attraction for us, who are rapidly approaching the big six Oh.

Our fascination with test matches is, as the trick cyclists will remind us, pure sublimation.

The trials and tribulations; the twists and turns; the ups and downs; the dropped catches; the lbw’s; the strained back and the twisted elbow; the will he- won’t he; the no-balls – why this enthrallment?

Isn’t it obvious.

This, regularly slow, professional build up against frequently unknown and unexpected forces (of which the weather can easily be one), often to be denied because there simply isn’t enough time, is all perfectly synonymous with our daily fight (only over five days – in our dreams) for a stiffy and a squirt.

EDIT// Not that I'm talking personally, of course, and present company excepted etc. etc..

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Our fascination with test matches is, as the trick cyclists will remind us, pure sublimation.

The trials and tribulations; the twists and turns; the ups and downs; the dropped catches; the lbw’s; the strained back and the twisted elbow; the will he- won’t he; the no-balls – why this enthrallment?

Isn’t it obvious.

This, regularly slow, professional build up against frequently unknown and unexpected forces (of which the weather can easily be one), often to be denied because there simply isn’t enough time, is all perfectly synonymous with our daily fight (only over five days – in our dreams) for a stiffy and a squirt.

EDIT// Not that I'm talking personally, of course, and present company excepted etc. etc..

What a load of old <deleted> :o

Isn’t it obvious.

What a load of old <deleted> :o

I suppose they are, aren't they?

England 418 -6. Flintof & Jones put on 177 in two hours, against Australia's bent prong attack. We're taking them to pieces lads. Again.

Yer posts are becoming pretty pathetic Lamppost, since when does a run rate of 4.5 on a wicket described by the English Press as a flat featherbed become so remarkable.

If your blokes have a first innings lead after the Aussies bat then you can blow your bugle a bit, or maybe you will be to busy wiping egg off your moosh. :o

England 418 -6. Flintof & Jones put on 177 in two hours, against Australia's bent prong attack. We're taking them to pieces lads. Again.

Yer posts are becoming pretty pathetic Lamppost, since when does a run rate of 4.5 on a wicket described by the English Press as a flat featherbed become so remarkable.

If your blokes have a first innings lead after the Aussies bat then you can blow your bugle a bit, or maybe you will be to busy wiping egg off your moosh. :o

Forgetting the 4 prongs again are we Ozzy lad. Anyway 450-7, and this is our tail you're into. Wags like a <deleted> Dingo doesn't it :D

Oh sh1t; 450-8. Now you're cutting through us like a knife through butter.

Edited by lampard10