3Bb Maxnet - What Else Can I Do? 1530 Does Not Help

Beggar

I am in central Pattaya and have 3BB. Now for 2 weeks already I have no Internet. When I call 1530 I get told tomorrow an engineer will call you. This goes so every day. In the last 3 months I had no Internet for more than 1 month. The connection point is just 50 meters away. My neighbors have a working 3 BB connection.

This seems to be an endless story. Anybody an idea whom else I could contact at 3BB? The hotline 1530 is useless.

First of all when you call 1530ask for an English speaking operator, once you get an English speaking operator tell them you want Tech support for Chonburi, once you get them, relate your problem

I had problems till I removed the ADSL phone line splitter that I had from my previous 3BB Maxnet connection. If you don't need to use your land line for phone calls, then just run a straight line from your telephone wall plate to the ADSL telephone line input on the modem that you received from them when you ordered your service

I had this crap with the call centers few years, it's really necessary to always ask for the managar of the call center and let them help you, my experience was that they do a lot more and calling back to check if the case has been solved, always write down the names of the people you talk with and when they are good tell them you wanna talk with them only. I made detailed reports for while with information regarding the internet troubles but also about the quality of the callcenter, which often makes you even more angry then you already are.

So I made a printable log that can be downloaded here (free from viruses / opens and editable with Ms Word) and from the beginning that was suprisingly helpful. When showing these reports at the office it saves a whole lot of talking, and it always made me get 50% - 100% discount instantly without any discussing, so for me it worked very well. I's very confronting for them, hihihi.

Had so many complains here oeffff... that 1 page was not enough for one month, at the end moved to another provider without any trouble (CAT CDMA) That dumbasses at the callcenter really make you angry by e.g. forwarding you 6 times and all they ask for your number etc, while they just can see your data on your profile page in their system, not keep promises, not listen only talk etc.

(download link is valid for 7 days only, after just pm me and I'll renew it here)

cap191.png

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

When I had enough of calling center, I went to the place where many 3BB geeks sit. It was about 4months ago and I hope, the place still exists.

Anyway, if you can get a kind Thai person who could explain your problem to them, there will be a great chance that they will pick it up and check your connection from their place. I would go there at 3.30pm so I could demonstrate the difference when the magic hour of 4.3o pm comes.

Where is the place? Threpprasit gets to Sukumvit. Facing Sukumvit, on the right, just before Factory Outlets stores, there are a couple of long buildings on the right. One of them has an office of 3BB facing the Threpprasit. In this building, on its other side (the side not facing the street), at its end closest to the Factory Outlets, you will find the office of 3BB service guys.

I would take my modem and start asking if they could check it because you have such and such problem. Just to get them started :-) Have you papers with all the numbers and usernames you got when started the service. And keep smiling. It's sometimes hard, but this is LOS, right? Good luck!

You could cancel your connection. Then apply for a new one. Last resort sort of thing...

Cancelling can be impossible if you refuse to pay for internet that you did not get, this happened to me after the TT&T to 3BB transition.

So just stop paying, send the few registered reminders return sender with 'no internet - no pay- on the bill. Clear enough. After few months they won't bother you anymore, even their administration is a mess, so...

The story still goes on. Perhaps tomorrow... I had TOT before. This was even a bigger nightmare. But if they do not fix it pretty soon I will have a big problem. At the moment I can share a connection with a hotel ;-) Have 3BB too but working.

Strange story. They tell me that my cable has a problem. The line has a perfect quality until 6 pm in the afternoon. Every day my line gets disconnected at 6 pm and does not work anymore then until the next day. First I did not watch the exact time but the last days I did. This goes on now for more than two weeks. Anyone else with such a problem? Or who has a connection starting at 6 pm in the afternoon ;)

I had a problem with my IP phone, did not work for 17 days, many phone calls plus two visits to the office achieved nothing, however, went on their website, completed a "contact us" form, got a reply by sms and internet within minutes and the next day they called me, problem was sorted by me taking the phone to the service centre on Theprasit Road. http://www.3bb.co.th/contact/index.php

Edited by JohnC

If 3BB does not stop / fix this I have to change. TOT is no option after very bad experience - there not even the phone worked for weeks. And despite a written confirmation that I cancelled and even paid for the cancellation they just continued to charge me and said - we thought you did not want to cancel - cannot be worse. Before I go back to TOT I go back to Europe...

Can I have True in Pattaya? What phone line would I have (now TT&T)? Where can I get infos?

I live in a village outside Koraat- have 3BB 6MB Indy package. Since Friday the Internet would go down at 4PM. I could connect to the DSLAM and all the lights would show normal on the router. However, checking the router specs I found I was not being assigned an IP Gateway address by 3BB. The problem lasts until the afternoon of the next day.

I called 1530 and was told that there is an equipment failure in my area.

Have had many problems with my 3BB Premier service over the last few months.

I even replaced my 2 year old computer for the latest spec. a couple of months ago, but the repeated problems have not changed.

1530 never admit to anything wrong in my area,(Pattaya,) and tell me it must be my wiring into the house or a router problem.

Had new cables fitted to house from their new direct box at a cost of 2,500 baht a few months ago,and have taken the router to their office for checking three times now, to be told it is working OK.

Then after about 12 to 24 hours after the problem the service is back. This Friday evening lost the signal until Saturday night. Five calls to 1530, again to be told the problem must be mine and an engineer will phone me. This never happens, although as said, the service normally returns a few hours later.

Told them yesterday that I wanted a discount on my next bill, but they said no can do as it the problem must be my fault.

I just wish the call center would be honest and say there is a local problem and it will be fixed over the next day or two, but TIT.

Edited by mike100

If 3BB does not stop / fix this I have to change. TOT is no option after very bad experience - there not even the phone worked for weeks. And despite a written confirmation that I cancelled and even paid for the cancellation they just continued to charge me and said - we thought you did not want to cancel - cannot be worse. Before I go back to TOT I go back to Europe...

Can I have True in Pattaya? What phone line would I have (now TT&T)? Where can I get infos?

You would need to contact True's CareCenter on 1686.

It is pretty much the same story here. They say a cable problem with my cable and I will get a call - what never happens. Strange thing is that the cable problem always starts at almost the same time of the day and before this there is a PERFECT connection quality. There is no cable problem. They just switch it on and off. Today in the morning at 7:30 no Internet. Starting at 9:00 perfect connection again - I guess until 6 pm. At this time it gets switched off every day and this for more than 2 weeks now. My Internet works only at office hours :D Perhaps they do a kind of line sharing. Maxnet was almost bankrupt and perhaps the situation did not much improve. At least I have learned never to pay in advance again - what I sadly did.

Yesterday I went to 3BB at Carrefour here in Pattaya. They told me that it is useless to call 1530. They will take care of my problem now and talk to the engineer here in Pattaya. So lets wait and see what will happen. In addition to this they gave me the phone number of the engineer. Did not call yet - still hoping that he will fix it.

Then I will check at PowerBuy in the new Central shopping mall what True can provide. There should be support for True if the information on the True site is correct.

Everyday since Friday 4PM I am unable to connect to the Internet. I am in the Korat area. The lights on my router indicate that everything is fine but when I log on to my router I can see my SNR Attenuation Speed, etc. Except there is no IP address for the default gateway an so obviously I cannot connect to the Internet.

And yes, it does seem that everyday at 4PM somebody hits a switch and I am disconnected until noon the next day when I am reconnected until 4PM Call center 1530 told me there is an equipment problem in my area.

Anyone of you having these systems logon to your router(192.168.1.1) and see if you have been assigned an IP address.

Despite the promise of the people from the 3BB boot at Carrefour there is still no fix and no call. And at the phone number of the technician that they gave me nobody ever answers. At the phone numbers they gave me for the boot I just get a network error. Of course I tried the 3BB contact form that drake mentioned here - no response. Then I tried their headquarter in Bangkok at 02-100-2100. They really have an internal number there for complaining about the service. When I pressed it I could hear music for a while and then I got simply disconnected. So I am afraid I will have to change the ISP. Never had such a nightmare in my life.

I went to the True information counter at Power Buy in the Central mall. I wanted to ask them about True and Internet in Pattaya. They had no glue at all about Internet and True. I did not even get the most basic information. Then I looked at the True site on the Internet - no English. So Google Translate helped. And so I saw that with a Standard Package with 6Mbps you have a download limit of 810 MB per hour. Normally the full speed would give you about 3 times as much if I calculated correctly. So you have the 6Mbps only for 20 minutes an hour and then you will have to wait 40 minutes if I understood this correctly. Does not sound nice even if I do not download so much.

Has anybody experience with True here in Pattaya?

Beggar.

Is the router connected, does it show all green lights, or is the end one red? i used the 3bb girls in Carefour to help me, just be polite to them and explain the problem, take your contract and the router with you and tell them you want to cancel because engineer cannot make work, then they will do something, this is what i did.

Since its connect i have had no problems, and speed very good for a basic B599 I can download a movie in 30/40 minutes

It is not the router - I have perfect Internet every day but only from 9 am to 6 pm and this for more than 2 weeks. Outside this time range there is no connection at all. The people from the boot just told me what 1530 told me - the engineer will call you tomorrow (he printed out my problem and promised to bring it to him in Jomtien). In addition to this he gave me completely useless phone numbers. Before I cancel I have to set up a new ISP - need information about True and THEIR chaos before I do this. This is the last option. Never will go back to TOT and wireless is to slow.

Just to continue the story. I do it that you can get an idea what you can experience here. I have been a long time customer of Maxnet (3BB now), always payed my bills months in advance and did not download too much. So no problem customer. Had no internet for weeks before but always tried to be polite. My location is about 50 meters from the connection point.

Yesterday of course no Internet again in the afternoon. I call the 1530 once more. They promise me to talk to the supervisor. At 8 pm then Internet again until 10 pm - connection gone. Today I drive to the supervisor here in Jomtien. He tells me that they replaced the cable and that the Internet works now for sure. If there are any further problems I should call his phone - he gave me the number. I drive home and switch on the router - no Internet. I call his phone many times - no answer. I call 1530. They promise me to talk to the supervisor.

It is not the router - I have perfect Internet every day but only from 9 am to 6 pm and this for more than 2 weeks. Outside this time range there is no connection at all. The people from the boot just told me what 1530 told me - the engineer will call you tomorrow (he printed out my problem and promised to bring it to him in Jomtien). In addition to this he gave me completely useless phone numbers. Before I cancel I have to set up a new ISP - need information about True and THEIR chaos before I do this. This is the last option. Never will go back to TOT and wireless is to slow.

This was not what you indicated in your original post, you said you had no internet for 2 weeks, very strange it cuts off at 6pm everyday, if you live in a condo could something be turned off somewhere at 6pm?

I need the Internet in the evening. So if I have an Internet at 3 in the morning it does not help me a lot. It is not the condo or the router. 1530 committed already that the problem is at their side. BUT perhaps I am a problem customer...or they do not understand their own business. Today is different from others. Today I did not have Internet at all. But perhaps they are working on it. We will see tomorrow.

are you saying your line gets cut off at 6pm as in your phone no longer works ? if this is the case I suspect that someone is high jacking your connection, if your phone is still working after 6pm then it is 3bb that are disableing your adsl