Thaksin Intends To Visit US : Noppadon

webfact

CONVICTED THAI PM

Thaksin intends to visit US : Noppadon

By The Nation

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is sticking by his plan to go to Washington in order to address the US Helsinki Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe despite the Thai government's moves to stop him, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said yesterday.

Noppadon, who previously served as foreign minister, suggested that Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya not overreact about Thaksin's testimony, and instead help him obtain a US entry visa so that he could deliver the truth to the commission.

Kasit said earlier that he believed Thaksin would not have a chance to testify because he was not welcome in the US.

However, Thaksin was invited to deliver a 10-minute speech on December 16 on the issue of democracy, government and human rights in Thailand as well as the military crackdown on the red-shirt protesters.

Yet, many Thai government officials believe the US authorities would not give Thaksin an entry visa because he faces corruption charges and is on the run.

Noppadon said Thaksin was still waiting for a visa, and if he cannot go to Washington, he would provide information about the April-May military crackdown through other channels or address the commission through teleconferencing.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-12-10

Well it seems the Amsterdam PR Group securing an invite from their filing a case against Abhisit with the international court has fallen rather flat.

If only the other attorney Noppadon had previously researched the 5 minutes it takes to find out that the cognizant American embassy takes time to issue a visa.

The PR machine is short a quart of oil.

Noppadon, who previously served as foreign minister,

suggested that Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya not overreact about Thaksin's testimony,

and instead help him obtain a US entry visa so that he could deliver the truth to the commission.

I often wonder about Noppadon's lucidity, and times like this you wonder about his stupidity.

Does he really understand who his boss is?

I had to hang on to my chair t keep from falling off when I read this part

("Noppadon, who previously served as foreign minister, suggested that Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya not overreact about Thaksin's testimony, and instead help him obtain a US entry visa so that he could deliver the truth to the commission.")

If the commission wanted the truth they would not invite Thaksin. I realize that Americans are not the sharpest tools in the shed but even they can't be that stupid.

As I have said before maybe they wanted to know what went into planing and carrying out massive attacks on human rites. Thaksin has done it twice. Three if you want to count the south.B)

If the commission wanted the truth they would not invite Thaksin. I realize that Americans are not the sharpest tools in the shed but even they can't be that stupid.

Dont' sell Americans short, they CAN be that stupid. They go around mumbling "Greatest country in the world" mantra, when 90 percent have never been outside their own country. Their perspective on any international issue should be viewed as extremely limited and suspect.

Dont' sell Americans short, they CAN be that stupid. They go around mumbling "Greatest country in the world" mantra, when 90 percent have never been outside their own country. Their perspective on any international issue should be viewed as extremely limited and suspect.

I stand corrected :(

Another PR stunt meant to play out to the reds .... blame the Thai government for Thaksin not being able to get to the US. (Not that he ever intended to really go in all likelihood).

Was it Oscar Wilde who said, "There is only one thing worse than people talking about you, and that is people NOT talking about you"

Another PR stunt meant to play out to the reds .... blame the Thai government for Thaksin not being able to get to the US. (Not that he ever intended to really go in all likelihood).

Was it Oscar Wilde who said, "There is only one thing worse than people talking about you, and that is people NOT talking about you"

And whilst there are people like us around, Thaksin's never gonna have the problem of no-one talking about him.

Not sure where you get your "90% never been outside the US" the number of illegals within the US which is bandied around, military, government/private sector workers abroad or who travel abroad, add in the yearly legal immigrants, and then those of us who have vacationed in the pits of the world just so we could compare it to the "greatest country in the world" may add up to a number greater than 10%.

And whilst there are people like us around, Thaksin's never gonna have the problem of no-one talking about him.

Not while he is paying big bucks to PR firms at least.

Not while he is paying big bucks to PR firms at least.

I understand the use of PR firms is positively 'de rigueur' among political rivals in the west. It should come as no surprise that Thaksin is using one. What would be more surprising, and to an extent disappointing, is if the Thai government isn't.

The fact remains that when some news of Thaksin is presented to us by any source, we would rather talk about him than not.

"Noppadon said Thaksin was still waiting for a visa, and if he cannot go to Washington, he would provide information about the April-May military crackdown through other channels or address the commission through teleconferencing."

What special knowledge does Thaksin really have about the situation - and would he actually present his views in a non - partial opinion since he is obviously part of the problem and has much to gain - and nothing to lose.

Seems to me that perhaps the "request by the Commission for Thaksin to testify" was really:

a) a request Thaksin himself orchestrated - or

b)B) a very poor judgement by the commission

Edited by Parvis

Noppadon, who previously served as foreign minister,

suggested that Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya not overreact about Thaksin's testimony,

and instead help him obtain a US entry visa so that he could deliver the truth to the commission.

I often wonder about Noppadon's lucidity, and times like this you wonder about his stupidity.

Does he really understand who his boss is?

Quite possibly... he is only cognizant of his paycheck :closedeyes:

I have had to rethink my position on Thaksin traveling to the States.

He could lie for ten minutes ( not a problem for him ) and then the police could arrest him and hold him in Guantanamo Bay for a indiscriminate number of years with out a hearing or a trial.B)

Of course Mr. Thaksin is welcomed by the the US, he has never done anything wrong and has always shown compassion and generosity towards his loyal subjects, he has never gained anything for himself or his long suffering family.

During his time in office he only drew his meager politicians wage and struggled to get by and provide rice for his family.

He is such a darling, no wonder he is freely welcomed around the world, I nominate him for the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize for his exceptional work towards peace and equality.

:rolleyes:

So the USA won't issue him a visa for his 7 minutes at the microphone. What a shame.

A dodgy video link from Montenegro will have him speed-reading to get in as many lies as possible within his allotted blip of time.

Speedreading hey?

He's hard enough to understand when talking at normal pace :whistling:

Of course Mr. Thaksin is welcomed by the the US, he has never done anything wrong and has always shown compassion and generosity towards his loyal subjects, he has never gained anything for himself or his long suffering family.

During his time in office he only drew his meager politicians wage and struggled to get by and provide rice for his family.

He is such a darling, no wonder he is freely welcomed around the world, I nominate him for the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize for his exceptional work towards peace and equality.

:rolleyes:

I guess rolling the eyes is the closest we get to a 'trenchant irony' smiley!

:wai: