Survivor Guide A To A Happy Life

banglay

Having lived in Pattaya and the surrounding area for nearly three year I have devised a survivor’s guide on how too attain hopefully a long a happy and relatively trouble free lifestyle ( maybe not for everyone but it worked for me)

(1)..Leave central Pattaya and move to the suburbs or one of the nice nearby villages with a 30 minute drive.(far too many temptation on tap 24/7 and it can be a drain on you financially, physically and mentally).

(2).. Find yourself a good Girlfriend who does not ask you for anything (they do exist and are not just a myth I found one) They keep you on a even keel and in the long term save you a lot of money.

(3)..Having found that good girlfriend don’t crap in you own back yard.(Thai’s hate to loose face)

(4)..If you arrive and have money in the bank and intend staying buy a house and make a home. I have seen that many arrive with a good bank balance and slowly but surly they fritter it away, and end up returning back to there home countries broke and disillusioned.

(5).Embrace Thailand and ALL it has to offer (don’t just embrace the Bar girls)

(6)..Don’t take advice from anyone sat on a bar stall.

(7)..Don’t start up a business for your girlfriend when she tells you she has a great idea (especially just to keep her quiet) …..It’ll be a small shop, a laundry, a beauty salon or something equally mundane and guaranteed not to make money. While she is working 12hours a day for 300 baht who’s going to clean your house/car/swimming pool do all the laundry and more importantly get your beer.

(7) The boys in Brown are not all fascist and farang haters (just smile and smile some more when dealing with them. (Not always easy but it works when accompanied with 200 baht).

(8).Eat Thai food it’s cheap and tasty (try it).

(9).Always wear a helmet when driving a motor bike better still don’t drive a motor bike (more people are killed in one day on Thai roads than are killed in a full year in the UK ).

(10)..Keep away from those boring farts (expat) that continually slag all things Thai. (They are usually the one who are now living hand to mouth and didn’t follow rules (1,2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9). But they had a great 18 months though………. If you listen to there continual groaning, moaning and whining they WILL drag up down.

All the above are my personal observations and meant to be a bit of fun with serious undertone. Please take it that way and do not be a rule number (10)

Yes pretty much spot on expect item 8 : I only eat Thai food once a day, so many cheap expat restaurants here so not a problem.

Item 9: Yes it is, but I love my bikes and been riding them for over 25 years (Harley rider) so I am willing to take the risk. I see many tourist & expats whom looks very unsure on their bikes, they are really pushing their luck.

Having lived in Thailand for 3 years or so I have devised my hopefully survivors guide to a trouble free life here in Thailand...

1. Live in central Pattaya,if you live anywhere else you will have to encounter the Sukhumvit highway and will not be a survivor for very long.

2.Yes, find a good girlfriend,but gets boring.

3.Agreed, do not crap on your own doorstep,there are plenty more to crap on (she will not lose face if she never finds out)

4.Do not buy a house ,you will lose money on it,never be able to sell it,be always looking over your shoulder at what is in effect a bogus buy,plus if visa changes occur it will not effect you too much

5.Yes embrace all of Thailand,there are more fantastic places than just Pattaya and that half an hours drive away will achieve.

6. Listen to advice from someone on a bar stool,but do the opposite

7.Do not start a business, but let the girlfriend work 12 hours a day,gives you plenty of time to play away,plus you do not need to give her too much money

8.The BiB are ok,just piss off as fast as you can when getting waved down.

9. Always wear a crash hat,but never on the Sukhumvit ,it won't do you any good

10. Keep away from old boring farts that say they are ecstatic about living in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand,they will have outstanding warrants in their home country and only criminalise you

Yes pretty much spot on expect item 8 : I only eat Thai food once a day, so many cheap expat restaurants here so not a problem.

Item 9: Yes it is, but I love my bikes and been riding them for over 25 years (Harley rider) so I am willing to take the risk. I see many tourist & expats whom looks very unsure on their bikes, they are really pushing their luck.

I see a lot more Thai's driving bikes like they have the road for themselves. Not checking anything before driving into new roads, passing cars with no space to spare, driving too fast, no helmets, 5 people on one bike, wrong way though one-way streets and so the list goes on and on.