Maesot Border

I live in Mae Sot and yes, the border is still closed. Until now it was only not sure, who closed this time (Burmese or Thai). But at the border they told me, that from Thai side the border is open again, only not from Burmese side.

And still nobody knows, when it will open again. Immigration Officers say, for sure longer this time - maybe few months, maybe more time then a year...

For those going to the Mae Sot (Tak) Immigration for visa extensions: they now changed the procedure and want to see the money as told by laws (i.e. 20.000 Baht for 30 days extension). They told me they have a new boss who wants to see.

And showing some credit/bank cards was not enough. At least they wanted to see bank statements (I did not agree to take so much money cash from the bank, they understood and accepted the bank statements). But for every bank statement they also want to see the regarding bank card as they make copies. But as always they were very friendly.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the borders have ever re-opened? I have a visa run coming up next week. I normally go to Mae Sot, but the last time I went (August or so) they were closed. I went to America for my last run, and was a little surprised to see that it was still closed in December. Any assistance here would be much appreciated as it would save me a days worth of driving.

• 1 month later...