Paradise Lost

Sadiegirl1975

If a survey was to be done on tourists leaving Phuket asking will you be returning for another holiday I think 90 percent would say no. :)

You live in Pattaya don't you?

How would a similar survey go there?

I would estimate 65 percent would say no

So somebody guessing what percentage of tourists would come back to Phuket and what percentage would come back to Pattaya.

The only insight this gives us is in the mind of the poster, no value at all to anything else.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently spent a couple of days and evenings hanging out with a guy up here in CM, he was on vacation from europe where he runs tourist businesses in the canaries, and yet he described cheap chaing mai as being 'far' more expensive than the canaries for everything except accommodation.

Can you get a tasty, healthy meal all over the place for around one dollar in the Canaries? From what I can Google, the answer is no.

If both food and accommodation is cheaper in Chiang Mai, wouldn't the Canaries be more expensive in general?.

Look I found it crazy too.. So much so I disputed it and he then spent a lot of time pointing out things that were. Tho I admit he wasnt the kind of guy I could see enjoying guey tiew too much and was relating to western food items.

But hes there talking about his new harley, and his plans to buy an Audi R8.. Try pricing them up.

He was saying something like it being a tax free place there too and imports (like a sports car) being totally non issues as they are european.

I'll bet that the single guys who will return FAR outnumber the couples who will.

Wonder why?

Then there are the very many couples, especial Scandies in Kamalalalala, who don't so much visit on holiday as winter here every year.

When I was a holiday visitor way back when, I spent more per day than I now spend in a month.

Kenny

phuket

Q: dirty

A: get used to it

Q:broken footpaths

A: all over thailand

Q:men with thai women

A:YES because western men are sick and tired of being treated like sh* t and thai women look after there men pure and simple

why is that its disgusting to a western woman to see a western man with a thai lady i think they are itchar!!!

Q: Thailand getting expensive

A: yes every year it goes up

Try living in Australia then you will no expensive

If you want to buy overpriced drinks, be asked if you want a massage about thirty times in the space of a ten minute walk, if you want to lay on a dirty beach lying on one hundreds of identical cheap white sunloungers, if you don't mind being asked if you speak English by timeshare "sales people" over and over again and then being nauseatingly over friendly whilst trying to set you up for a high pressure sales pitch,, if you want to breath in the foul aroma of sewage during your morning walk or swim in a sewage filled bay constantly checking to see if a human turd floats past you, well, there it is folks, Patong is the place for you. :D

Edited by carmine

We did not find any nice cafes or restaurants in the area that we wished to try outside of our resort and like I said in my first post a generally run down look about the place, rubbish, broken sidewalks and no sense of planning. We just found it was more of a hassle going outside of the resort and decided to stay there for the rest of our holiday. Sorry Phuket and Thailand but this will be the last time for us.

So there were broken sidewalks and this bothered you so much you didn't want to leave your resort.

:rolleyes:

phuket

Q: dirty

A: get used to it

Q:broken footpaths

A: all over thailand

A:YES because western men are sick and tired of being treated like sh* t and thai women look after there men pure and simple

why is that its disgusting to a western woman to see a western man with a thai lady i think they are itchar!!!

Q: Thailand getting expensive

A: yes every year it goes up

Try living in Australia then you will no expensive

Why would someone want to get used to "dirty?"

Who gives a toss about broken footpaths.

A large percentage of those blokes could never pull a woman in their own country. It easy to here regardless of how fat or ugly you might be, so good luck to them.

Thailand is not as cheap as it was but atleast to necessities (home, food) are still comparitively cheap.

Edited by carmine

As a western woman, what I find disgusting is how some of these men treat the women (Thai, Filipino...it doesn't matter) in their company. So rude & obnoxious and usually dressed in thongs, singled & stubbies...while they are with a lady who is really nicely dressed. It must be so hard for some of them and I am ashamed.

Yet I read here lots of postings from western men who clearly dearly love and cherish their Thai gf or wife. Good for you!

and usually dressed in thongs, singled & stubbies

## I'd be careful about slandering people who wear thongs, wife beater singlets and shorts. What do you want people to wear at a beach resort?

I've seen everyone from Gerry Harvey (one of Australias richest businessmen) to Ian "Molly" Meldrum wandering around dressed like that in Bang Tao. You are applying old style class prejudice that doesn't apply anymore.

I personally don't care much for or about tourists. I wish they would all go somewhere else, other than the two other places I have homes that get over run by tourists as well. I like low season a lot better than high tourist season anywhere. As I sit here writing this, all I hear are birds chirping, it doesn't smell bad and there aren't any tourists... But I will agree as with everywhere else I have lived, as more people come to an area, it won't be as nice as it used to be.

I first can here 1986 when it was still a jungle, i remember elephants walking around, grazing and no sign of a 7/11 or family mart, but i remember the sunshine coast and the whit sundays in Oz as a beautiful place, parts of the UK, asia and Europe the same, everywhere in the world is now build on greed, just look at the last 2 years in the financial world, phuket is just the same, money is king here, as for it being dirty, yes but you can go to any run down or poor area in the world it'll be the same but with violence, try walking around any government estate in UK or the USA after dark, the girl thing, except for a few exceptions it's strictly business. i don't agree with it but it's a win win situation.

Taxes, try living anywhere with tax on everything, i mean proper USA and UK tax, imaging being some old boy, worked more then 50 years, sorry your redundant, oh and by the way your pension plan has been screwed up by the men in suites, austerity measures and not even a sorry, get me on a plane back there, sounds peachy

Budgie smugglers, thongs, they should be compulsory for the tourists, bad enough seeing a bloke in them but a white well oversized, larger, big boned, it was after i had my first child, is that a McDonalds, do you think i look fat in this, is that mirror faulty, sorry about breaking the scales, he loves me for who i am, larger lady walking around in a thong, well i'm salivating thinking about it, Ooh, sorry that's my personnal lonely hearts ad mixed up here.

Edited by polecleaner

Luckily us Americans know how silly and disgusting it looks to be walking around like thatwink.gif Good for a laugh though.

That's right. You reserve your silly and disgusting clothes for when you play golf laugh.gif

Ian Poulter isn't an American... biggrin.gif

As a western woman, what I find disgusting is how some of these men treat the women (Thai, Filipino...it doesn't matter) in their company. So rude & obnoxious and usually dressed in thongs, singled & stubbies...while they are with a lady who is really nicely dressed. It must be so hard for some of them and I am ashamed.

Yet I read here lots of postings from western men who clearly dearly love and cherish their Thai gf or wife. Good for you!

Quite right! Are you here on holiday - or have you only been here for a short time?

Luckily us Americans know how silly and disgusting it looks to be walking around like thatwink.gif Good for a laugh though.

That's right. You reserve your silly and disgusting clothes for when you play golf laugh.gif

Maybe not, but, I think this guy is..........

post-89533-0-29750300-1292766067_thumb.j

Edited by KarenBravo

Hi misschris

The disgusting thing i think you refer to is normally the age difference, even unbelievable to me how a old timer see's the point of a Thai girl old enough to be his grand daughter and they don't even speak a word of each others language, love ah. would the same old guy allow his grand daughter to date a guy over 60, even if he had money.

I think and am sure if the guys you refer to mistreat there Asian girls they'll have a history of abuse with western ladies aswel.

The tatoo's, thongs and singlet are the uniform of the tatoo **ck wits, "you can take the boy out of the council estate, but you can't take the council estate out the boy" normally the moral fibre of a cockroach, sorry to all cockroaches out there!!!!

As a western woman, what I fin

d disgusting is how some of these men treat the women (Thai, Filipino...it doesn't matter) in their company. So rude & obnoxious and usually dressed in thongs, singled & stubbies...while they are with a lady who is really nicely dressed. It must be so hard for some of them and I am ashamed.

Quite right! Are you here on holiday - or have you only been here for a short time?

Ah, John Daly. Yes, I must admit, he's one of us.... But at least he has a shirt and pants on, unlike some people here wondering around in their banana hammocks only....

The only thing wrong with Phuket is,,, to many tourists, get rid of them and phuket will be....what???

well, just get rid of them but dont close Villa market, then i will go as well :(

The thais that moved to phuket for the tourist industry are much worse than the tourist.

I loved thais untill i moved to this province, the fierce looking eyes and the bad attitude/lack of respect of phuketers is the worst

post-105390-0-24765600-1292803292_thumb.

..."seeing older, foreign men with young Thai girls quite distasteful."

Careful, my wife might find that offensive :lol:

Just what is the world coming to? Older men being attracted to younger prettier women!! When did this start? Men seeing pretty woman as sex objects, how unnatural. :lol:

I think we're in real trouble when a man seeing a woman as sex object is seen as something abnormal or unnatural. I mean it's probably only been going on for a few million years........

This type of post (OP's) always makes me laugh. And I think KB's post pretty well sums it up:

It kind of reminds me of all the back-backers that followed the ant-trail to Phi-Phi after the movie The Beach was made and then complained about how crowded with back-packers it was.

It's sort of a 'if there was more people like the OP coming here, there'd be less people like the OP coming here' kind of thing. Which would be okay with me. wink.gif

Edited by iSabai

Hi

Can i ask offensive in what way, your good lady must get defensive about the relationship, could you tell us about any age difference and any problems if any you see as a farang and her as aThai, it might make the people who are clearly finding it distasteful understand a bit more. Even i've had a UK girlfriend 13 years the difference in age and people would raise there eyebrows at dinner parties.

Edited by katabeachbum
Forum rules does not allow use of members real name

Hi

Can i ask offensive in what way, your good lady must get defensive about the relationship, could you tell us about any age difference and any problems if any you see as a farang and her as aThai, it might make the people who are clearly finding it distasteful understand a bit more. Even i've had a UK girlfriend 13 years the difference in age and people would raise there eyebrows at dinner parties.

I think she means like Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart.. Tho suspect she doesnt object as much to Demi Moore and Aston Kutcher..

If its between 2 consenting adults whose business is it ??

I have a soft spot for Phuket as I was working there when the tsunami hit but a recent trip and I for sure will never go back....it really is such a shame that somewhere that was so beautiful has turned into the mess it is today....expensive, dirty, seedy, crime ridden and not really representative of 'The land of Smiles'....its a common factor the world over that this can happen, as a place becomes more popular, prices increase and infastructure dosnt keep place with the influx of visitors or transient workers...I do hope the OP can still see value in other parts of Thailand that have grown and are still very beautiful and exceptional value.......Phuket wil alawys attract some visitors but now the repeat and referral customers are virtually non existent......Sadly, there isnt anything that will be done, except prices and crime will increase periodically to make up the short fall each year of the lesser visitors that arrive...R.I.P. Phuket.

I have a soft spot for Phuket as I was working there when the tsunami hit but a recent trip and I for sure will never go back....it really is such a shame that somewhere that was so beautiful has turned into the mess it is today....expensive, dirty, seedy, crime ridden and not really representative of 'The land of Smiles'....its a common factor the world over that this can happen, as a place becomes more popular, prices increase and infastructure dosnt keep place with the influx of visitors or transient workers...I do hope the OP can still see value in other parts of Thailand that have grown and are still very beautiful and exceptional value.......Phuket wil alawys attract some visitors but now the repeat and referral customers are virtually non existent......Sadly, there isnt anything that will be done, except prices and crime will increase periodically to make up the short fall each year of the lesser visitors that arrive...R.I.P. Phuket.

have to disagree

most customers in our mini markets are repeat visitors to Phuket, they love to come back every year :)

have to disagree

most customers in our mini markets are repeat visitors to Phuket, they love to come back every year :)

Thats because your cans of Leo are still 27Baht :D :D :D ..thats great if you are still getting people coming back...may it continue for you and others