Eating Cow Placenta, Dogs And Other Dodgy Food

PattayaOneTeam

Above Bawd in Pattaya

Eating Cow Placenta, Dogs and Other Dodgy Food

Mesmerised by the prospect of more tasty Thai food tips, I went back to the Secrets threads: “What's for Breakfast?”, “Rats - would you eat one!” and : “Has Anyone Been To Isaan & Tried Dog Meat....?”

Having read them about rat-eating, I knew there was more meat on these particular bones.

Pumpuynarak's fine words served as an excellent starter for cultural differences about food sources. What's one man's poison is another man's delight. What you eat varies the world over. It's driven by all sorts of factors, money, custom and most of the time because it's just bloody tasty and cheap.

There are some things I eat that wifey finds “uhhh”, and she's used to eating snakes, rats, lizards, frogs, insects (deep fried of course).

David K set the bar high with this delectable tale of the unusual (or is it?): I was in my wife's village once, and their cow gave birth, and the villagers were eating the “aftermath" of the birth. Jelly and blood sort of stuff. Apparently they boiled it and then drank the blood and ate the jelly stuff and intestines. This so called delicacy was for breakfast and enjoyed by all and sundry.

I could not stomach the sight, let alone eat it when offered. I took off, much to the amusement and laughter of the locals.

Jamilv brought food very much back to earth (as opposed to birth) with: I've had snake for breakfast before, but from the texture you don't really notice..its like eel…

At least the snake was dead. LionKing said: I was once with a Thai girl who caught some small crabs (in the sea) she said to me "you can" and started pulling their legs off and eating them.

Moving on to dogs, Dom666 asked if anyone has been to Sakhon Nakhon and tried the dog meat? I don't want to try it but I'm curious. Can anyone share their experiences.... was the dog slaughtered in front of you? Was it BBQ'd, seasoned and what did it taste like…? [more…]

To read the rest of this article download the PDF here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/download/663-pattaya-one-issue-6/

Enjoyed this article? Why not go to our poll and vote for it at:

gallery_327_1086_2603.gif

-- Pattaya One 2010-12-23