True Visions

bikerjoy

Attention

True Programm Manager

Dear Sirs,

pls. allow me to give you some recommendation.

Pls. Admend your programms. It’s not suficient for the price we pay. Give more value for money.

We get mostly American Programms, but we are Europeans. We want quality programms.

Previously I had Dynasat in Chiang Rai which worked well, was cheap and had the important programmes.

Then I live in the HillsideCondo, Ch.Mai and had cable TV. Better programmes here too!

But now I got my house 25 km outside Chiang Mai…and no more cable!

Pls. get us;

The German DW-TV

The Australian TV

TV Rai Italian

TVE Spanish

NHK World

Hallmark

AL-JAZEERA good news channel!

RT RUSSIAN

YOu have a lot of free future channels! Why ?

Thanks for your attention,

You need to send this request directly to True Vision. They do not read Thaivisa.

Maybe it's a copy of a letter he wrote to True Visions?

However, the style of asking will probably not impress TV.

Edited by uptheos

I kind of agree with it to be honest. Lots of American Football, series and movies, but no quality.

You could add BBC One to that list as well.

and while we're at it, Fox News (even though American) would also be a good addition. (Fitted in the entertainment channel range of course).

I kind of agree with it to be honest. Lots of American Football, series and movies, but no quality.

You could add BBC One to that list as well.

and while we're at it, Fox News (even though American) would also be a good addition. (Fitted in the entertainment channel range of course).

Fox News is the only news channel that provides news stories that will not be covered by the mainstream media if contrary to the current political regime. I'm talking about the actual news portion of the broadcast, not the opinion shows, which I agree, often are more entertainment than news.

Right, so especially if it's free, why doesn't Truevisions provide it? Part of the attraction to Truevisions is that with one small size dish you get a lot of channels. If I enjoyed installing traditional satellite equipment motor movement and all that crap then I would not be a Truevisions customer.

Beware the programs that are free to look at for you on a private dish is not free for any cable or satellite operator to send out in its programing. it will cost them a lot of money .

Thats why it is not done. ;)

At the last football World Cup, which is only once every 4 years they didn't even purchase English commentary. Then they fooled people into spending money on HD equipment, with their sales staff told to tell customers they most definitely will get English sound commentary, which of course they did not.

Edited by uptheos

Beware the programs that are free to look at for you on a private dish is not free for any cable or satellite operator to send out in its programing. it will cost them a lot of money .

At the last football World Cup, which is only once every 4 years they didn't even purchase English commentary. Then they fooled people into spending money on HD equipment, with their sales staff told to tell customers they most definitely will get English sound commentary, which of course they did not.

Well as much as I dislike True due to poor service.. You can hardly blame them for fifas decisions !! Fifa refused to give them access to English commentary at any price. The restriction came from them not True.

If you had anything in writing or otherwise contractually agreed I am sure you would have a good chance at fighting it.. But most of the indignation came from people who didnt research, or relied of Thai word of mouth 'it will probably be ok' promises. Again it all came down to fifa not offering it, not True having some anti english bias.

Well as much as I dislike True due to poor service.. You can hardly blame them for fifas decisions !! Fifa refused to give them access to English commentary at any price. The restriction came from them not True.

Source?

And even if that were true, nothing is stopping them from sourcing commentary elsewhere, or doing it in house.

Most of what you want is available for free already you just need the hardware.

Hi Gary,

Would you mind expanding on this, contacts etc.? Would be interested in the alternatives.

Jsat is a Thai Visa sponsor have a look at thier web site they show what is available. I believe they only service the Bangkok area, there are installers in Chiang Mai or if you want I can put you in touch with a guy who knows what he is doing, however he only speaks Thai.

Hi Gary,

Would you mind expanding on this, contacts etc.? Would be interested in the alternatives.

Jsat is a Thai Visa sponsor have a look at thier web site they show what is available. I believe they only service the Bangkok area, there are installers in Chiang Mai or if you want I can put you in touch with a guy who knows what he is doing, however he only speaks Thai.

That would be great, if you can PM me with the details...THANKS

Being an American, I kinda like American football. I don't think it is shown alot. It's quite seasonal. However, lets consider soccer (I'm trolling now). Which has about 8 channels. Talk about over kill. Perhaps they can eliminate a few soccer channels and replace them with the highly demanded Italian and Russian channels.

I do like Al Jazeeria and Channel News Asia. But Fox news is so biased, the actual joke is they are fair and balanced. I wouldn't mind having the Sci-Fi and Comedy channels as well.

Oh well. This is life. You can't please everyone. :D

Source?

And even if that were true, nothing is stopping them from sourcing commentary elsewhere, or doing it in house.

Google is your friend.

http://www.expatinfodesk.com/news/2010/06/18/expat-world-cup-experience-suffers-english-commentary-banned-in-thailand/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/7878786/Expats-in-Thailand-suffer-World-Cup-disappointment.html

They are not allowed to modify broadcasts.. So they cant just 'source it elsewhere'..

Being an American, I kinda like American football. I don't think it is shown alot. It's quite seasonal. However, lets consider soccer (I'm trolling now). Which has about 8 channels. Talk about over kill. Perhaps they can eliminate a few soccer channels and replace them with the highly demanded Italian and Russian channels.

Thais are football mad.. So Thai channels accomodate that..

I feel the same about Rugby.. Very poor coverage.. But how many Thais care about rugby ?? So its just par for the course.

Invest in better internet services and vpn stream it from the uk is my solution.

Hi

great give me some links and enlighten me...I want to quite this untrue relation!

cheers

B.

Google 'card sharing' and dreamboxes.

While its possible to do it free.. Its a lot more plug and play if you pay about 200b a month.

A super reliable net connection is essential.

Hi

great give me some links and enlighten me...I want to quite this untrue relation!

cheers

B.

While its possible to do it free.. Its a lot more plug and play if you pay about 200b a month.

I would just like to clear up that what I was saying is the most of the channels you want are available for free and legally, all you need is a decent movable bud (big ugly dish) and a free to air receiver. I was not talking about the dreambox and card sharing.

Hi

cheers

B.

I would just like to clear up that what I was saying is the most of the channels you want are available for free and legally, all you need is a decent movable bud (big ugly dish) and a free to air receiver. I was not talking about the dreambox and card sharing.

Free and legally ?? Broadcast without any encryption ?? Most of the channels I want ??

What bird should I point it to for a free HBO HD ?? Or any HBO ??

The free stuff is a hodgepodge of low quality programming in my experience, and because its free it moves about, drops off, and changes too much. Yes there are FTA channels but its hardly a package of high quality programming.

Hi

cheers

B.

clap2.gif

Free and legally ?? Broadcast without any encryption ?? Most of the channels I want ??

The free stuff is a hodgepodge of low quality programming in my experience, and because its free it moves about, drops off, and changes too much. Yes there are FTA channels but its hardly a package of high quality programming.

The OP does not mention HBO!

and HBO has never been free.:whistling:

Excatly.. Thats why saying most channels you want are free to air.. Simply no they are not.. The good stuff is all (ok mostly) encrypted. HD movie channels are not there in FTA form.

Excatly.. Thats why saying most channels you want are free to air.. Simply no they are not.. The good stuff is all (ok mostly) encrypted. HD movie channels are not there in FTA form.

the topic is about these channels that the OP wants and are not on True.

"The German DW-TV

The Australian TV

TV Rai Italian

TVE Spanish

NHK World

Hallmark

AL-JAZEERA good news channel!

RT RUSSIAN"

He already has a legal subscription just these channels are not available and he wants them.