Thai Airways Flight "Counter Service"

jimky

When booking a flight on Thai Airways and selecting ATM/Counter service. They give a paycode which I have now. Then instructions on how to pay are rather vague (here: http://www.thaiair.com/plan-your-trip/before-you-fly/en/how-to-pay.htm)

They mention just in header:

How to pay

ATM Siam Commercial Bank , Thai Military Bank, Krung Thai Bank & Counter service

*Available in Thailand only*

Are those the only banks that can be used. (Bangkok Bank not an option?)

Next what is counter service. because on the rest of the page it doesn't mention counter service at all. Can that be paid at a 7-eleven / similar or not (if so where) or is it just ticket agents. If so can it be paid at Udon Airport ticket office even though that's my destination not my departure.

Any answers appreciated.

Great post jimky! And another well-deserved thumbs-up for TG's online sales support. Admittedly, their website isn't crystal clear regards the payment option regard but phone support was on the ball.

You are quite right... if you called any US airline, you would have finally spoken to someone in India who would have sweet-talked you into accepting that despite being a paying customer, you have been screwed.

A few points to add, based on personal experience:

- the ATM/counter service (yes, it does mean 7-11) is for domestic flights only

- there is apparently a 30baht service charge added if you go to 7-11; I don't know about ATM payments

- the banks listed on the web site are in fact the only ones participating at this time, i.e., no Bangkok Bank

- if you choose the "counter service" thinking it means you can ticket at a local TG office, as I did, it will cost you more (in my case 200 baht)

The above came to my attention after I booked Chiang Mai- Bangkok the other day and stopped by my local TG office to pay and pick up the ticket, which is my standard practice (and is still the system for international flights if you don't pay by credit card online at the time of booking). The woman behind the TG counter acknowledged that the newness of the system was confusing people a bit. She did invite me to ake the 7-11 approach to save a few baht, but I elected to pay the extra bit in the interest of time. I believe she actually had to cancel and rebook the ticket.

Edited by dvdcm