Cat Cdma / Cdma Hutch In Pattaya/Jomtien

xminator

Unless things changed recently, CAT have no coverage anywhere in the central provinces, so if you want CDMA, your only choice is Hutch. Hutch's service is supposedly not too good. CAT have been in negotiation to take over the Hutch network for some time, but I don't think that it has happened yet.

They have no roaming agreement for internet but I think that they do for CDMA telephone.

Unless things changed recently, CAT have no coverage anywhere in the central provinces, so if you want CDMA, your only choice is Hutch. Hutch's service is supposedly not too good. CAT have been in negotiation to take over the Hutch network for some time, but I don't think that it has happened yet.

They have no roaming agreement for internet but I think that they do for CDMA telephone.

You are not keeping up wit the news.... Thailand's True Corp Buys Hutch's CDMA Network

TRUE HSPA may have coverage in that area anyway, you just need a suitable modem. You can buy theirs for 2000 baht or you can pick up an iFox 3G-510 for 1500 baht in Pattaya.

i have had hutch for two years

out at Mabrachan where there are no phone lines available, it was my only option.

it has been ultra reliable and pretty quick 95% of the time

i have never had service issues and have even been moved to call in the shop on pattaya thai and thank them for the good service i have received

1099071996.png

1099066901.png

Edited by timekeeper

Download Speed: 283 kbps (35.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 78 kbps (9.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 615 ms

Thu Jan 06 2011 09:31:21 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

I use Hutch. Thats my Test with the Bangkok Server, somethimes it`s faster. Its enough to surf the web, but not if you download torrents. I am in the Jomtien Area, it`s slower here then at the dark side I guess. But its very reliable, I never had a downtime in 8 month.

True 3G is all over Pattaya (I have a 3G phone), but they have a download limit (think 3 GB, then they cap your speed to GPRS Edge).