Can't Move Items To The Trash

webfact

that happen for all files ?

normally this message pop's up only for files located on a volume OSX can not directly control.

such as Network volumes, or filesystems not 100% Supported like (FAT or NTFS volumes)

I think it's just a warning that you're deleting a file from wherever it's being kept. Somewhere, and sorry I can't think where, you can reset those warnings.

Once the file has been "deleted" it should still be in the trash bin until that is emptied. Again, you'll get a warning about losing whatever is in the bin when it's emptied.

Once the file has been "deleted" it should still be in the trash bin until that is emptied. Again, you'll get a warning about losing whatever is in the bin when it's emptied.

This applies to external devices as well, such as a thumb drive. You can delete/move to trash all the info on your thumb drive and until you then empty the trash you will not get the capacity back on the thumb drive.

you guys mixing up things here.

1st. its not a Windows Dialog ... this means the OS really MEAN what it show (zero room for speculations).

and in this case it means that with confirming the Dialog, the file will be gone forever.

this usually happens if deleting from netowork or uncontrolled volumes.

OR the Volume does not have a Trash at all.

i assume the screenshoot was somewhere in your home folder.

can you open a terminal and check of the folder .Trashes/ .Trash is there ? (im most cases the one in the homefolder is missing)

open terminal:

and do following

cd ~

mkdir ~/.Trash

sudo chown $UID ~/.Trash

chmod u+rwx ~/.Trash

if the mkdir command returns an error .. ignore it .. the permission fix need to apply anyway.

anyway, aren't the topic starter a bot ?

you guys mixing up things here.

1st. its not a Windows Dialog ... this means the OS really MEAN what it show (zero room for speculations).

and in this case it means that with confirming the Dialog, the file will be gone forever.

this usually happens if deleting from netowork or uncontrolled volumes.

OR the Volume does not have a Trash at all.

i assume the screenshoot was somewhere in your home folder.

can you open a terminal and check of the folder .Trashes/ .Trash is there ? (im most cases the one in the homefolder is missing)

open terminal:

and do following

cd ~

mkdir ~/.Trash

sudo chown $UID ~/.Trash

chmod u+rwx ~/.Trash

if the mkdir command returns an error .. ignore it .. the permission fix need to apply anyway.

the topic starter must eat and drink, can warn, suspend... ;):P

thx for the info

the topic starter must eat and drink, can warn, suspend... ;):P

here is a cookie

oh, wait .. have to get on the knees first ;P

anyway does it work out ?

Similar but not directly related to the OP...recently I upgraded the OS on my Macbook and the 'Macintosh HD' icon somehow got onto the desktop, which, no matter how I go about it, am unable to dispense with...any help would be appreciated...

Similar but not directly related to the OP...recently I upgraded the OS on my Macbook and the 'Macintosh HD' icon somehow got onto the desktop, which, no matter how I go about it, am unable to dispense with...any help would be appreciated...

Open Finder - Preferences

med_gallery_327_1086_3532.jpg

Wow was thinking to change my Windows PC to a Mac

I have the same problem in Windows trying to delete some oid pictures and files, thought there was never any problems with a Mac, maybe will re think about spending 76,000 baht on a Mac.

...thought there was never any problems with a Mac...

There (almost) never is...it was me, not the gear...they're worth every Baht...

that is correct, if you "switch" from WIndows or Linux .. you will find yourself quite a number of times in the situation where you try finding functions in the "windows way" and be after finding is very much suprised that the feature/option was always right in front of you ;)

short: Too easy to be true ;)