Price Of Medecine In Thailand ? Where To Get A List ?

Price of medecine in Thailand ? Where to get a list ? Amoxicillin Antibiotics price ? How much do you pay for a 5 days treatment ?

Hi,

Do you know what is the cheapest Amoxicillin in Thailand and what is the best price in drugstores ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amoxicillin

Any website to get a real idea of the medecine price in Thailand ?

Getting bored by these drugstores making over-profit on my axx !

Thanks.

Varies enormously with the brand, what is expensive is the imported brands. Stick with a locally made generic equivalent or, best of all when available, the GPO brand.

Pharmacies like Boots, Watsons etc and also private hospital pharmacies tend to provide the expensive imports unless specifically requested otherwise. You'll get the GPO brand and other local brands easily at a government hospital or public pharmacy.

Can you confirm that you are speaking about Amoxicillin with CLAVULANIC ACID ?

I bought 5 days pills (1000mg) for 400 thb and i am sure that this is way too much expensive, am I right ?

Antibiotics for cough/sore throat, after catching a cold. But maybe the "normal" Amoxicillin antibiotics would be enough ?

Thanks a lot.

Dr's here often use what I call 'the shotgun approach' to medicines and often go for the broad spectrum antibiotics just to be sure [when they arn't sure]. As stated above, most meds are cheap here except for the imports......maybe that's why they Rx them.

• 1 month later...