Klx250S (Efi)

111tingtong

Hi All,

Has anyone fitted the 351cc big bore kit to either their KLX or D-Tracker. Im currently following up on previous intentions to research and possibly c/o the upgrade to my KLX.

Have been in contact with Bill Blue in the states and he tells me that he has supplied x3 kits to Thailand, see below feedback from him:

Hey Johnny,

I have sent 3 351 kits to Thailand last year some of the people are using the Two Brothers Juice box to modify the injection system some have used other systems. No one has let me know how the 351 kit works with the EFI.

You will need to send me your cylinder I dont have any cylinders to build the kits with it takes me 2 days to build the 351 kit from start to shipping.

351 kit is $527.45 + shipping & insurance.

Im very interested to know the outcome, if its reliable or not. Have read some positive feedback on Thumpertalk, also some negative.

If anyone has any info I would really appreciate some feedback/details.

• 1 month later...

Seen the Thumper talk threads that kind of petered out.. Pecc6357 was using the 332 kit and thats the only 'success' listed.. Was saying he was going to try a power commander but no reports if he did or not.

Apparently theres been 3 kits tried in Thailand none of which worked right.

Dont fancy being too much of a pioneer.

Here is the skinny from the horses mouth.

Date: 14 February 2011 21:54

Subject: Re: EFI KLX 250

To: Mike Rust <ejkthailand<at>gmail.com>

Hello Mike,

The system that Dobeck has is the same as the system that Dobeck builds for Two Brothers it is called the Juice Box. It don't work 100% on the 351 kit, it will work on the 331 kit. I sent one of the Juice Box kit to Russia it didn't work on the 351 kit & two to Thailand they didn't work well either.

Thanks

Bill

Yeah, I read all the forums too and sounds like the stock injector is the problem, too small.

The Japanese one is called a i-con II from Blue Light Racing.

http://blr-jp.com/i-con-2/index.html

If someone speaks/reads Japanese, let us know what the deal is on this.

It is also possible that those that got the BB kits may have gone retro to carb setups.

I would think you need a new ECU as well as the carb, but I'm just speculating.

Please people don't forget that if you increase your motorcycle over 250cc, you're officially move into another TAX zone – basically another dimension – if you get stopped by a police/customs stop you likely loose your motorcycle. Basically your legal 250cc motorcycle become, a non legal 250cc plus motorcycle which means... even if it was legally registered, you need to pay:

-unspecified penalty for breaking the law....,

-minimum 30,000 THB for fee for exhaust and environmental testing,

-60,000 THB for registration fee...

So please think twice before upgrading your road legal motorcycle over the 250cc limited.... (250cc is the special tax limited in Thailand)

I've got a mate in Chiang Mai who installed the Big Bore kit plus Juice Box on his D-Tracker. He said that while it did give the bike a bit more go, it also made it incredibly thirsty. To the point where he returned the bike back to stock... Not sure what he did with the kit- want me to ask if he still has it?

I've got a mate in Chiang Mai who installed the Big Bore kit plus Juice Box on his D-Tracker. He said that while it did give the bike a bit more go, it also made it incredibly thirsty. To the point where he returned the bike back to stock... Not sure what he did with the kit- want me to ask if he still has it?

If it is a 351cc billy blue kit i can buy it from him if he dont like it...

Please people don't forget that if you increase your motorcycle over 250cc, you're officially move into another TAX zone – basically another dimension – if you get stopped by a police/customs stop you likely loose your motorcycle. Basically your legal 250cc motorcycle become, a non legal 250cc plus motorcycle which means... even if it was legally registered, you need to pay:

So please think twice before upgrading your road legal motorcycle over the 250cc limited.... (250cc is the special tax limited in Thailand)

250cc limit yes, but only if the bike is imported.... But this bike is made in thailand. Same as the 650cc Ninja and Versys that sells cheaply without any import taxes....

250cc limit yes, but only if the bike is imported.... But this bike is made in thailand. Same as the 650cc Ninja and Versys that sells cheaply without any import taxes....

I think he's talking about road Tax. there's one band under 250 cc .

The difference in tax between a below 250cc and above 250cc is not the problem, it's just about 100 THB difference.

The problem is that your motorcycle is not legal, the maximum allowed engine size for small motorcycles is 249,99cc. When you upgrade it to 361cc you go over the limit and all your current documents become irrelevant.

Therefore you need to register the motorcycle, but as a 361cc is near 400cc you probably have to pay 40,000 registration fee, and your motorcycle needs to pass the Thai environments testing which include exhaust emission tests (and cost an additional 30,000 THB).

Plus because you ride around with a invalid greenbook, you probably need to pay a fee for that also... (no experience with that).

Of course... not all traffic police and custom officers are Kawasaki experts, so the chance is high that they do not see the engine size upgrade...

The difference in tax between a below 250cc and above 250cc is not the problem, it's just about 100 THB difference.

The problem is that your motorcycle is not legal, the maximum allowed engine size for small motorcycles is 249,99cc. When you upgrade it to 361cc you go over the limit and all your current documents become irrelevant.

Therefore you need to register the motorcycle, but as a 361cc is near 400cc you probably have to pay 40,000 registration fee, and your motorcycle needs to pass the Thai environments testing which include exhaust emission tests (and cost an additional 30,000 THB).

Plus because you ride around with a invalid greenbook, you probably need to pay a fee for that also... (no experience with that).

Of course... not all traffic police and custom officers are Kawasaki experts, so the chance is high that they do not see the engine size upgrade...

Much ado about nothing since you can't tell a bike's engine size just by eyeballing it :rolleyes: