One Year Marriage Visa

That 90 days to 60 days made all the difference - it most likely is 60 days visit Thai family from the then end of your tourist visa entry so no conversion to non immigrant entry was made and what you needed to do was obtain a single entry non immigrant visa. So you have already spent for the multi entry but if you want you can extend during the final 30 days of any entry.

OK guys, I am still here and legal for the next 60 days.

They offered to convert my Non O to a one year visa but I was one piece of paper short. They required a letter from our bank confirming the balance which we had not had time to get.

The woman was a pleasure to deal with, really nice and explained everything very well. If I wanted 90 days I had to go to a border crossing or fly out and come back.

When my new 60 days extension runs out I will have to leave the country and get a new 90 days stamp on arrival, anytime during the last 30 days of that period I can go to immigration with the correct paperwork and they will convert it to a one year visa, reporting every 90 days.

I am sorted for now and very happy we didn't have to add the extra distance of a trip to Cambodia.

Thanks to everyone for their kind help, it was greatly appreciated.

And yes, Aberdeen did win on Saturday so all in all life is good.

Cheers

John

He appears to currently hold a multi entry non immigrant O visa (guess just got the 60 days because he was at immigration rather than make a new border run). So assuming the multi entry visa is valid he will just exit and return on a new 90 day non immigrant O visa entry (not normally called a stamp on arrival) and that will get extended for one year after he is here for 60 days.

Shame he didn't follow the advice and get a letter from his bank to take along.

The letter is done while you wait at SCB and costs 100bht, I'm told Bangkok Bank charge 200bht.

The advice regarding the bank letter was given on Saturday, we had to leave home early Monday morning to travel to Korat Immigration, as I said in my post, we did not have time to get it and we did not know about this before.

One other point I forgot to mention is that in the case of a joint account the balance has to be 800,000 Baht.

And Lopburi3, you are correct that is what they advised at immigration, I get a new 90 days stamp on my next border entry to Thailand.

When my new 60 days extension runs out I will have to leave the country and get a new 90 days stamp on arrival, anytime during the last 30 days of that period I can go to immigration with the correct paperwork and they will convert it to a one year visa, reporting every 90 days.

I, like you, got a 60 day extension based on marriage. When it ran out I didn't have to leave, I just went to immigration and applied for a Non Imm O marriage visa, which was later extended to a yr. No need to exit country if you're married and have the bank balance 2 months prior Non Imm application at the Thai immigration center. It's also easy just to open a single account with 400k in if you don't want to leave 800k in a joint account.