Lodging Complaint To Tat

Last one i read about got an abusive written reply back, full of vulgarities to the complainer, his friends and his loved one, plus being treathened with blacklisting, etc.... should i carry on with it or do you think it give a sufficient idea of them and how do they deal with such requests? you have all my simpathy, amazing Thailand, truly amazing.

hi, i lodged a complaint with TAT about a hair salon in MBK scam in Nov 2010. The case was followed up by Thai Tourist Police (they are located at the National Stadium Bldg). Entrance and walk 100m straight; there is no signage till you are about there. Thai Tourist Police called me when i am back in my country (I'm fr the neighbouring SEAsian country). I eventually got my money back (when i flew to bkk for holidays in Dec 2010). I'm not sure if you would get the same results as I am coz I am from the media. oops...Just lodged a complaint. I didnt have much faith in them but im surprised with the turn out. The owner of the hairsalon had to report to the police station where she handed me my money back. We signed a letter in Thai though and which was translated to me line by line by the only Thai speaking that the case is resolved.

I'm not sure if you would get the same results as I am coz I am from the media. oops...Just lodged a complaint. I didnt have much faith in them but im surprised with the turn out. The owner of the hairsalon had to report to the police station where she handed me my money back. We signed a letter in Thai though and which was translated to me line by line by the only Thai speaking that the case is resolved.

One hopes you are not a journalist...:whistling:

Well, if you call TAT on any given day. The lady who will pick up your call and start speaking Thai. Very helpful to new arrivals. You will kindly ask her if she speaks English. Her reply will be Ka, Ka and then she will ask you if you speak Thai. in Thailand language which you may not understand. You might request someone who speaks English, but your offer will be spoken again in Thai.

In other words. Is TAT worth it to Tourists of General public when they only speak Thai. No.

in all my almost 8 years here, with all the complaints i tried to file, the best response i got was "sorry" thats about as much help as one can get(unless you know the right people or willing to compensate "special" people for their efforts)

I think best is let others know of your experience and scam so other people can avoid the place. Also possibly some media exposure in your home country may get better result then complaint with TAT

To Soutpeel, yes I am.

To other readers : I would highly recommend to go directly to Thai Tourist Police. When I was there, I saw a couple of foreigners who were there too to lodge a complaint. They are located next to MBK in the National Stadium premises.

To Elasheen : same frustration I had. *FAINT*

After 10 years + here I have had many accounts of threats by Thais until the Farang recipient said by all means, let's call the Tourist Police and in most instances, the Thai's backed down. It even happened to me over an outrageous bar bill in Sukhumvit Soi 33 when I first arrived here years ago when all the bar was buying drinks on my tab (when I was with a visiting friend), at the request of the Mamasan at the bar who proceeded to threaten us with Police. She quickly backed down and I ended up paying about half. I think I was lucky! ph34r.gif

Last one i read about got an abusive written reply back, full of vulgarities to the complainer, his friends and his loved one, plus being treathened with blacklisting, etc.... should i carry on with it or do you think it give a sufficient idea of them and how do they deal with such requests? you have all my simpathy, amazing Thailand, truly amazing.

I can't find any trace of that story now, either here or on Google...?:huh:

I would highly recommend to go directly to Thai Tourist Police

Yep, pleanty of stories about them to read on this and other forums, i got a few stories to tell i experienced personally too that would confirm their "status" :cheesy: