First Marriage Extension Application

Today I went to Chok Chai immigration to apply for my first marriage extension.

I am currently on a retirement extension which expires on Sunday.

I had to leave it till the last minute to allow the 400K baht to Season (2 months).

The documentation I had to provide was:

2 x Completed TM7 application forms with passport photos

One copy of the following:

Passport ID page

Tourist Visa page from 2009 + entry exit stamps

Non Immigrant O page + stamps

Current retirement extension page

Re-entry permit page

Departure card

Map to the house (courtesy of Google maps)

Marriage certificate (KorRor 3)

Wifes ID

Wifes Tabbien Bahn

Letter from the bank confirming balance

Bank book 1st Page and last 2 pages

3 x photos of the family. One outside the front gate showing the house number, one in front of the house and one inside the house.

The officer filled in the interview forms for us and all the questions were asked in Thai and answered by my wife.

I only had to put my mother and fathers name on one form and sign the completed forms.

The only original documents they looked at was my passport and bank book. I didn't need a copy of the marriage registration (Kor Ror 2). I paid the 1900 baht and got a receipt and an "Under Consideration" stamp in my passport and have to return on March 1st.

Took less than 30 minutes including doing a 90 day report.

Edited by mxyzptlk

• 2 weeks later...

Simply because of the border closure I have decided I might as well get an extension on my Non 'O' based on my marrage

We have been married 3 years already but as I have at least 2 visits to the UK every year I have been staying on multi 'O' visas

I understand I will need everything in the post above post, but just a couple of questions

1: Do I need a photo outside the room (showing the number or will photos inside and outside the condo or will a copy the Tabbien Bahn showing my name on the inside of the cover as owner and the entry for the missus on the first page suffice

2: I intend using my income (pension) as proof of funds so will copies of my UK bank statement showing my pension going in each month and a copy of the pension statement from my company be ok on their own or do I still need a letter from the consulate as proof

3: anything else I need to provide

PS i will be doing this at the Jomtien office

Thanks in advance

You need photo's inside the codo of you together and one of the two of you outside with the number clearly visible. You might also need the Khor Rhor 2 form (the entry into the marrriage register) besides the marriage certificate itself.

Good, got your painless "marriage" extension handily. Don't forget a re-entry permit! It's good insurance to protect your investment in the extension, just in case you need to depart Thailand suddenly, and can't get the permit at the airport, or another airport or land border point.

Mac

Yes, thanks Mac.

I'll do that when I return to immigration on March 1 to get my passport updated.