Exchanging Cash

Hi all,

Not been on for long time but would like abit of help if possible.

Me and the Mrs are off to Thailand in a couple of weeks and iv just got a question regarding exchanging cash.

We will be taking cash, no bank cards as I get charged, and will be changing it at the airport when we arrive.

Do you know if there is anyway I can keep monitering the exchange rate at the airport, like a website they have or anything?

i have noticed that the Baht is going up within the last few weeks in the UK, I think its around 45-46 at moment.

I would be happy with 50 to the pound, you think it could reach that at the airport?

Last time I went I got 71 to pound, suppose its not a cheap country anymore.

Anyway, cheers all

Scotty...

this is one of the better sites for exchange. http://bankexchanger...et/default.aspx

Only exchange what you need at the airport to get into town never any more. You will get a better rate in town.

Agreed. The bank exchanger website is most useful, although it always seems to be Superrich that offer the best rates of exchange. So, If you happen to be in Bangkok for a day or 2 at the beginning of your holiday then it's worth a trip to one of their branches. As far as I am aware, they only have branches in Bangkok, most of which are located in some small soi's opposite Central World. There is a map in this link

I agree with the previous statement about only changing what you need at the airport to get yourself into town.