Travel Insurance

axel2001

I am going to Africa to climb mountains. I am not sure yet should I buy any insurance (I don't have any now) for travelers going abroad from Thailand. But just in case, could you recommend me good company (better international one with many offices around the world) who sells insurance for travelers?

Thank you.

Edited by axel2001

I am from Africa & you most certainly MUST get good travel insurance. In many countries the hospitals have minimal equipment, very few drugs and questionable hygiene especially outside of their capital cities. Some travellers even go so far as to carry supplies of their own blood if they are undertaking 'risky' activities such as climbing, hang gliding etc. because local blood is often not tested for HIV. These are observations not criticisms of the health systems which are often staffed by wonderful people who battle with inadequate back-up.

I don't know where you are going but if possible get cover that will include transfer to South Africa where private hospitals are world class, more expensive than here but cheaper than UK, Europe or USA.

I have bought insurance from World Nomads, from their website & it seems to be good quality cover. Go to www.worldnomads.com & check it out.

Do not take risks with your health.

I am from Africa & you most certainly MUST get good travel insurance. In many countries the hospitals have minimal equipment, very few drugs and questionable hygiene especially outside of their capital cities. Some travellers even go so far as to carry supplies of their own blood if they are undertaking 'risky' activities such as climbing, hang gliding etc. because local blood is often not tested for HIV. These are observations not criticisms of the health systems which are often staffed by wonderful people who battle with inadequate back-up.

I don't know where you are going but if possible get cover that will include transfer to South Africa where private hospitals are world class, more expensive than here but cheaper than UK, Europe or USA.

I have bought insurance from World Nomads, from their website & it seems to be good quality cover. Go to www.worldnomads.com & check it out.

Do not take risks with your health.

I guess it's still 1,000 cc max and do you have to put it in one of those see through bags, even though it's in a see through bag?

How to keep it refrigerated?

I always get mine from Kasikorn bank, you can get a family insurance that covers you and 3 members of the family for the year in Thailand but allows upto 28 days coverage abroad. I have just renewed it yesterday 4700thb for the family or 2500thb individual. The company that actually does the insurance is AXA so they are pretty much in every country.

I always get mine from Kasikorn bank, you can get a family insurance that covers you and 3 members of the family for the year in Thailand but allows upto 28 days coverage abroad. I have just renewed it yesterday 4700thb for the family or 2500thb individual. The company that actually does the insurance is AXA so they are pretty much in every country.

Is it possible to buy only travel insurance for 2 weeks?

Is it possible to buy only travel insurance for 2 weeks?

AXA have a free 24/7 hotline - give them a call.

24-hour Free Hotline Service call 0-2642-6688

Edited by uptheos