Fruity Has Passed Away

IsaanAussie

Dear Farming Friends,

Last night my very good friend, Edward passed away. Apparently peacefully in his sleep from a heart attack. Today the family are making arrangements and will be out and about. Anyone wishing to visit Sue, please leave it until tomorrow.

A great friend to me and will be sadly missed.

Isaan Aussie

whoaa. sat down with my cup of coffee for a quik scan of the forum before going off to work.. what a shock....

i always looked for his posts about his pigs and all the other projects he was up to doing on his farm; loved his posts. both informative and with humour and practicality all in one........ i will really miss him here on the forum; and i know he was in the middle of many projects including some breed of pigs he was all happy about... hopefully he had trained others in the family /workers to maintain the farm or at least help his family deal with the farm so they stay put together financially.

condolances to his family and friends; a shame i had really thought to come and see some of the farming forum folks farms the next time (few years from now)i would be in thailand and his was on my farm list....

bina

israel

Such a Sad day, for my family.

Ed was a great person, a true gental giant.

ED will me missed by my daughter, who called him Mr Happy Man.

RIP MY FRIEND

a great fellow with an easy laugh the cremation will be Saturday, Supeen is doing well in the circumstances.

peace and love

One thing about Fruity, he was a man to focus on the brighter side of life. For most of us we have welcomed his experienced advice and his humour. For those that have met the man and got to know his "Artful Dodger" wit, I offer this in remembrance.

As I sit here I can see Ed, flip flops and shorts, no shirt, sweating profusely as he chases a sow down the pens to the farrowing crates. Both having a body score of 5. Brings a smile to my face. Ed used the Churchill quote on pigs treating us as equals, I know he always reciprocated. If the locals are right and we do come back in the next life, he will be as a boar. The first chain smoking pig in the world, leaning back with knees crossed and hands locked behind his head, glasses poised on the end of his nose, fag in the mouth, and saying "Was it good for you?" Followed by "Darling, where is my .......?".

ThaiBrat offers the following image. Proportions are pretty close

post-56811-0-35224400-1297337683_thumb.j

My choice is

post-56811-0-04643900-1297337870_thumb.g

Rest in Peace good friend

Isaan Aussie

I can't believe it. I was actually visiting this Thai Visa forum to track down one of his threads to re-read some information on pig farming he had so graciously offered, to be hit with this news of his passing. A real shock, and it must be said, a great loss to this Thai farming forum. He was so very active in his participation here, and his breadth of knowledge and willingness to offer help and advice will be badly missed.

I feel absolutely gutted. Although my direct experience of Fruity has been limited and only relatively recent, I must say I feel a great loss. His contributions to the two threads I initiated were immense, but I guess that can be said of so many of the threads he contributed to here. His love of pigs shone through the series of responses and contributions to those threads, and with it, much of his admirable qualities and character as a man. Despite such a short and distant acquaintance I feel such a loss.

My commiserations to his family. And to you too Isaan Aussie, as it clear he was such a good friend and mentor to you.

R.I.P. Fruity. You'll be so missed.

I can't believe it. I was actually visiting this Thai Visa forum to track down one of his threads to re-read some information on pig farming he had so graciously offered, to be hit with this news of his passing. A real shock, and it must be said, a great loss to this Thai farming forum. He was so very active in his participation here, and his breadth of knowledge and willingness to offer help and advice will be badly missed.

I feel absolutely gutted. Although my direct experience of Fruity has been limited and only relatively recent, I must say I feel a great loss. His contributions to the two threads I initiated were immense, but I guess that can be said of so many of the threads he contributed to here. His love of pigs shone through the series of responses and contributions to those threads, and with it, much of his admirable qualities and character as a man. Despite such a short and distant acquaintance I feel such a loss.

My commiserations to his family. And to you too Isaan Aussie, as it clear he was such a good friend and mentor to you.

R.I.P. Fruity. You'll be so missed.

In my opinion charlie has said it all for me already. The only thing i would add is if I could choose how I was to go, it would be such as this. One day doing what you love and the next.................

RIP Fruity

Well farmers and friends of Edward Hodgson,

Fruity has been seen off very well. TV members were represented both in person and by phone during the few days of rites. Thanks to all present and special thanks for the posts here are sent by his family to everyone.

We all cried and we laughed as thoughts of him occurred to us and we shared memories we all had of better times. We offered the monks robes and laid flowers in he coffin. We smiled as the ten Thai attendants struggled to lift that coffin as well.

His ashes will be interred within sight of his much loved pigs, and his devoted wife Supin is determined to see his recently started expansion plans completed.

There were some talks of a BBQ in memory of Ed for some time in April, will post details as plans develop.

At 45 years old, a life too short, but so well lived. RIP mate.

Isaan Aussie

I saw this news but was busy so intended to come back later but only just got round to it. I never knew Fruity and didn't see his post as I'm not into farming really. Always sad to lose someone and it seems he had a lot of knowledge which he was glad to share. Condolences to his friends and family. The last post I saw shocked me. So young. At 56 maybe I should be grateful and make better use of my time.

RIP

• 1 year later...

One thing about Fruity, he was a man to focus on the brighter side of life. For most of us we have welcomed his experienced advice and his humour. For those that have met the man and got to know his "Artful Dodger" wit, I offer this in remembrance.

As I sit here I can see Ed, flip flops and shorts, no shirt, sweating profusely as he chases a sow down the pens to the farrowing crates. Both having a body score of 5. Brings a smile to my face. Ed used the Churchill quote on pigs treating us as equals, I know he always reciprocated. If the locals are right and we do come back in the next life, he will be as a boar. The first chain smoking pig in the world, leaning back with knees crossed and hands locked behind his head, glasses poised on the end of his nose, fag in the mouth, and saying "Was it good for you?" Followed by "Darling, where is my .......?".

ThaiBrat offers the following image. Proportions are pretty close

post-56811-0-35224400-1297337683_thumb.j

My choice is

post-56811-0-04643900-1297337870_thumb.g

Rest in Peace good friend

Isaan Aussie

Seems like yesterday