What Year Is This?

happyrobert

I bought a bike in Trat that looks exactly like this, er, well, it will about 20,000 baht and two months from now. No papers, old white on black plate. Only differences are that mine has chromed fenders, two small rectangular mirrors with Honda logo, and the plaque beneath the seat on the left side reads "90". Other than that, identical.

"Dealer" I bought it from says it is mid-eighties. All Thai, including other dealers, say the same thing. I can't believe that. Taken as parts and as a whole, my guess is late 60's to early 70's.

Any input. would be appreciated. Be easier to buy parts if I know the year!

It's very likely a Honda CB 90SS, from the early 70s... If you have the feeling the dealer cheated on you - I'm willing to pay the same amount as you paid for it.

Here is the wiki page (sorry only in German) Honda CB 90SS

If it is an SS, the parts for should be the same as this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Sport_90 if you look at the end of the article it says " Honda S90, CS90, Sport 90, Super 90 and the Benly 90. The date of manufacturing can be determined by removing the fuel tank and examining the tag surrounding the wiring harness." I suspect that it won't have it but it is worth a look. A lot of parts should fit this bike as the S series was pretty popular. My brother's first bike in about 1967 or so was a s90n so that was what I thought it was when I saw it (this was the second bike I ever got a ride on, his Dream was the first).You may want to look at this it has a wierd layout because what you would be looking for is at the bottom after all the club listings but there are vendors. If you use Google chrome it will translate for you if you wish toohttp://www.thaiscooter.com/forums/forum.php