Pattaya A-Go-Go Staff Beat Up Foreign And Hi-So Customers

Rimmer

A-Go-Go Staff Beat Up Hi-So Guests

PATTAYA: -- The Staff of an a-go-go bar reveal themselves as a would-be mafia, with a group of 20 punching a group of customers consisting of foreign models and Thai Hi-So's.

Around mid-day on the 9th February 2011 Police General Nantawut Suwanlaorng, Police Officials Pattaya received complaints from Mr. Jestin Elekjoseph, 28, and Mr. Johnny Wittel ,28, both Canadian magazine models, along with their friends, Mr. Keri Chill 27, Ms. Tida Thannawan 45, Ms. Sopa Thanawan 43, Ms. Nuarat Samsaen 43. The 3 Thai women are known as hi-so business owners of a famous restaurant and jewellery business in Pattaya said they had been tricked and attacked by the owners, managers and staff of a go-go bar resulting in personal injury.

Full story with pictures HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-02-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I seldom visit the night venues in Thailand any more, but things have sure changed. I remember the places staying open until the customers decided to leave. If they did close, they closed the doors so that new people couldn't come in. Of course, closing times were much more relaxed then.

I wonder what these folks did that got them so ticked off. Is this a sign of the 'unwashed masses' starting to stand up to the elites?

Wow. I seldom visit the night venues in Thailand any more, but things have sure changed. I remember the places staying open until the customers decided to leave. If they did close, they closed the doors so that new people couldn't come in. Of course, closing times were much more relaxed then.

I wonder what these folks did that got them so ticked off. Is this a sign of the 'unwashed masses' starting to stand up to the elites?

Elites? :blink:

Maybe it was that that caused the incident, I'd bet that there was a bit of impoliteness on their part which obviously provoked the situation.

The staff attacking isn't a good thing and was very wrong and of course shouldn't of happened but i'd bet someone spoke badly.

:mellow:

Edited by davethailand

And this is what I love about Thai law. No mention of the club out of fear they will sue. :lol:

One more reason this crap happens over and over. Not only are there no consequences, but you can't even name the place.

And this is what I love about Thai law. No mention of the club out of fear they will sue. :lol:

One more reason this crap happens over and over. Not only are there no consequences, but you can't even name the place.

Did we read the same article??:whistling: Not only is the name of the bar mentioned, but also the street address. On the contrary, what is not mentioned is the name of the "famous jewellery business" which the 3 Hiso ladies own. I would have loved to read the reactions here if instead of 2 Canadian models, they happened to be say Russian??

Maybe need to brush-up on your reading comprehension...they mentioned it was one of the Super Girls or Super Baby group.

And these 2 young Canadian models lost 8500,000 (8.5 million) in lost earnings as they could not do a show in Bangkok on 16th Feb...:angry:

The number written is 8-500,000 Baht (should be ordered 5 to 8 hundred, but meh).

Agree to disagree here - particularly Pattaya - even if you're in the right - and you can get a beating.

Incidentally - there are a few places on Khoa San Road - Bangkok - which are frequented by foreigners whose Thai staff are only too happy to attack their customers if the opportunity arises even for the slightest and most trivial of excuses.

And these 2 young Canadian models lost 8500,000 (8.5 million) in lost earnings as they could not do a show in Bangkok on 16th Feb...:angry:

The number written is 8-500,000 Baht (should be ordered 5 to 8 hundred, but meh).

I did go back and read. The number written is 8500,000 which equates to 8.5 million.

After giving this some thought, I have come to the staggering conclusion that these bars are so hooked up with the police ,that they do not fear them in the slightest. Therefore they can do whatever they want. Now I can understand cracking bottles over the heads of farangs who have a bill dispute, this has been going on for years. But even I am amazed at them kicking ass on hiso Thai women... Has some fundamental change occured ??

I've seen plenty of people getting slapped in bars in Thailand and it's nearly always because the customer is steaming drunk and abusing the staff or a member of staff. They get warned but don't give up and continue the foul mouthed abuse which inevitably leads to getting a good slap.

If you fancy a good slap yourself simply get blind drunk, argue the toss over a few baht on your bin, call them thieves, shit bags and you will "be back" then get what you deserve after repeatedly being asked to tone the foul disgusting language down, be that here or anywhere else in the world for that matter.

I've seen plenty of people getting slapped in bars in Thailand and it's nearly always because the customer is steaming drunk and abusing the staff or a member of staff. They get warned but don't give up and continue the foul mouthed abuse which inevitably leads to getting a good slap.

If you fancy a good slap yourself simply get blind drunk, argue the toss over a few baht on your bin, call them thieves, shit bags and you will "be back" then get what you deserve after repeatedly being asked to tone the foul disgusting language down, be that here or anywhere else in the world for that matter.

And i have seen pretty much sober customers get bottled by the staff because their bill was padded which means not few baht but few hundred baht or customers who were bottled because without even asking the customer, girl rings the bell and customer is expected to pay, even though he is screaming on top of his head that he did not ring the bell and did not want to buy 30 girls a round.

I have also seen sober customers get jumped and bottled when they were having an argument with the staff, but were attacked by people not relating to the bar at all.

I have also seen customers being attacked by the staff, customer being a better fighter and kick their ass, to then be jumped by every Thai Dick, Tom and Harry.

I guess it takes a "REAL MAN" to slap or beat up on someone steaming drunk according to your post and is perfectly acceptable to be cheated out of your money because they see customer as being drunk so he/she would not notice.

SAW - for your information - around 1996/97 I received a fractured skull in a large bar/disco in Chaweng on Koh Samui simply for protesting to the management that one of their staff had been harassing my girlfriend there at the time. And I didn't use any bad language - nor was I threatening to them in any way - nor drunk. And I was on my own and there were about six of them.

In hindsight I would have - of course - done things differently. But then I simply didn't know the score - just is the case I suspect with these Hi-So victims.

I did go back and read. The number written is 8500,000 which equates to 8.5 million.

Read past articles and mentions why, no, a bike-ride does not cost 3050 baht, it is 30-50 etc. Common problem in web-publishing software and users using the wrong dash to separate numbers (content system believes it to be a system-injected word-break for long lines and removes it).

Anyway, I digress...even 500-800k is a lot of money and must include the full value of their perceived loss and other costs...

And i have seen pretty much sober customers get bottled by the staff because their bill was padded which means not few baht but few hundred baht or customers who were bottled because without even asking the customer, girl rings the bell and customer is expected to pay, even though he is screaming on top of his head that he did not ring the bell and did not want to buy 30 girls a round.

I have also seen sober customers get jumped and bottled when they were having an argument with the staff, but were attacked by people not relating to the bar at all.

I have also seen customers being attacked by the staff, customer being a better fighter and kick their ass, to then be jumped by every Thai Dick, Tom and Harry.

I guess it takes a "REAL MAN" to slap or beat up on someone steaming drunk according to your post and is perfectly acceptable to be cheated out of your money because they see customer as being drunk so he/she would not notice.

Whats a real man in your view?

Saw hit the nail on the head. Sounds like it hit a nerve

After giving this some thought, I have come to the staggering conclusion that these bars are so hooked up with the police ,that they do not fear them in the slightest. Therefore they can do whatever they want. Now I can understand cracking bottles over the heads of farangs who have a bill dispute, this has been going on for years. But even I am amazed at them kicking ass on hiso Thai women... Has some fundamental change occured ??

Monthly donations for prolonged period of time will do that, create a nice cosy relationship.

I do not think the manager realized who the women were and rather presumed they were bar girls or something along the lines.

If the women are well connected, i have a feeling manager will be doing some jail time and owner will be making some payments and all will be forgotten within a week afte that.

If the women are really pissed off and are well connected, the bar will be up for sale shortly, however money talks in this country, so i am more inclined to believe they will receive nice compensation and all is good.

It also must be said that many of the gogo bars are actually owned by police or have partners who are police.

I wonder if this news report is the first time these twenty-something year old males models realized their dates were over 40.

Methinks that Canadian male models are not all that much different than Thai female models and that dating 40+ something "hi-so" women in Asia would be quite the norm. Or did you really think that they only model on the runways? The young Thai guys don't even have to be models, they just need to save up enough money to head out to Samui for a week or two until they catch the fancy of a 40+ European woman.

Whats a real man in your view?

Saw hit the nail on the head. Sounds like it hit a nerve

Well.......

a real man is someone who does not need few mates to beat up on one person

a real man will not beat up on someone totally drunk

and a real man will pick a fight with someone bigger then him and harder target, rather then smaller and intoxicated guy, kind of defeats the purpose if he is trying to prove he is the real man

I wonder if this news report is the first time these twenty-something year old males models realized their dates were over 40.

Methinks that Canadian male models are not all that much different than Thai female models and that dating 40+ something "hi-so" women in Asia would be quite the norm. Or did you really think that they only model on the runways? The young Thai guys don't even have to be models, they just need to save up enough money to head out to Samui for a week or two until they catch the fancy of a 40+ European woman.

Good point