Can You Teach Me How To Dj?

BlueEasySleep

I'm fairly music literate and have made plenty of mixes on my computer (sound forge, cd architect). I just don't know how to beatmatch and use the various buttons that would enable me to dj live.

Using real equipment would be great, or just learning in Ableton would be good enough.

I suspect I will catch on fast.

I could either pay (a little bit) or teach you something in return (stock trading? tennis? english/french/spanish?).

Can someone teach me how to DJ?

if you haven't guessed by now due to the lack of replies, you're on the wrong forum.

Most of the regulars here think of Tony Blackburn, or, Wolfman Jacks when you mention DJs here, and DJ'ing consists of putting a record on, then another one when that finishes.

A post is missing.

Someone offered to teach you (at a price) but you declined.

Do you expect someone to teach you for free?blink.gif

The offer I received didn't sound very serious, and was about double the price I would pay. As I said in my original post, I can pay a little bit or barter for something else.

I don't need serious intensive teaching. I've made a lot of (crossfaded, cut up) mixes, I just don't know how to do it live so I need someone to show me how to beatmatch and what all the buttons on the equipment do.

The offer I received didn't sound very serious, and was about double the price I would pay. As I said in my original post, I can pay a little bit or barter for something else.

I don't need serious intensive teaching. I've made a lot of (crossfaded, cut up) mixes, I just don't know how to do it live so I need someone to show me how to beatmatch and what all the buttons on the equipment do.

Practice!!!

Beat matching can be done with BPM counters, match the beats and fade across.

Why not check out youtube, watch the tuition vids and off you go.

Again, it's practice.

http://www.learnhowtobeadj.com/

A post is missing.

Practice!!!

Beat matching can be done with BPM counters, match the beats and fade across.

Why not check out youtube, watch the tuition vids and off you go.

Again, it's practice.

http://www.learnhowtobeadj.com/

I sorta just want someone to give me a quick lesson where we can physically do it together. And I also don't know what all the equipment does and how to run a DJ gig.

Once I get that I can practice a lot on my own.

Old people go watch reruns of the Grammy's

If I listened to that dance crap (not old, just love proper music) I would go to the clubs and keep asking the DJ's until I found someone who was interested. I would give up on the idea of trying to find someone to do it on the cheap, or for an exchange as you mentioned. I mean, what is the chance there is a TV member, who is a DJ, and who's dying to be tought how to play tennis by an amateur tennis player. I don't like your chances.

If someone has the skills to teach you well, then they are worth paying a decent amount of money to.

Old people go watch reruns of the Grammy's

If I listened to that dance crap (not old, just love proper music) I would go to the clubs and keep asking the DJ's until I found someone who was interested. I would give up on the idea of trying to find someone to do it on the cheap, or for an exchange as you mentioned. I mean, what is the chance there is a TV member, who is a DJ, and who's dying to be tought how to play tennis by an amateur tennis player. I don't like your chances.

If someone has the skills to teach you well, then they are worth paying a decent amount of money to.

You can mix all kinds of music, not only "dance crap". You likely have no idea what a good DJ mix sounds like. I don't like 95% of what they play in clubs. Especially in SEAsia. Try listening to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing album, which was made entirely from samples.

I don't want a professional lesson from someone just looking to make some easy cash. I just want a normal person. Someone who enjoys helping a newbie out, as someone likely helped them at one time.

A post is missing.

I pm'ed him an offer for lessons from my gf. She currently has a residency in the biggest club in phuket and regular gigs all over SEA. Made him an offer of b1000/hour. His only reply to this pm was ************** :/

GL OP

Edited by LivinginKata
Content of PM removed

That wasnt anywhere near the content of the PM.

Again, good luck OP. Try and be a little more polite next time and you might find someone willing to teach you.

Sorry if I came across as impolite. I only want serious offers from someone who read my post and understands what I'm looking for. And 1000 baht/hr is too much for me. I can pay half that.

If someone posted: "hey I'm trying to get into investing. I've got this trading software but I've never placed an order before. I don't know what a limit order is, or a stop loss, or options, or futures and I want to learn. I'll give you 500 baht/hr if you teach me".

I would do it no problem.

You were already apparently offered lessons from a top local phuket DJ for a reasonable amount, for 1 on 1 instruction. In my estimation you can't beat that, no pun intended. You want a complete stranger to help you whose primary motivation isn't money. Good luck with that.