Table Laminate Veneer Repair

silentnine

Hi All

my dearly beloved. (bless her) decided that the dining room table was a good place to do her nails.

and 40 minutes later she mentions she may of damaged the dinging table .. its one of these big mahogony effect things.. not a cheapo one .. quite large

either laminate or veneer i guess .. i assume she has stripped the laquer /. quite a large area about 2cm round

anyone know any places that can repair this in pattaya area as its a rental house so i need to get it fixed asap

I had some furniture made at a place called Maithai on Sukhumvit Road (East side near to Pattaya Tai junction - they also have places on Theprasit Road opposite the weekend market).

I had a similar problem to yours and they fixed it very easily. However, I've no idea of the cost as they did it as a freebie (not cheap I expect).

I would guess that any of the furniture making shops can do the job for you - there are several on Theprasit Road and lots on the darkside if you look around.

Edited by chickenslegs

I had a 'side-board' top, about 2 square metres, laminated over the top of some water damage at a little place on Thepprasit.

cost me 1000 baht. Better than new, really. That was with me dismantling, delivering and collecting.

Not mahogany, but I bet they could do a match.

Close to the Beach end, down among the curtain shops.

Good Luck.