Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Not this time for us, enjoy your day.

Hey, get your Ass in gear Worzel ! ...... You teaching on Thursday or summat ?

Gotta see a man about About a frog named (touchwood), Worzels pet.:) .

Your going to miss the Tea and Cake ! :unsure:

For those wondering what kind of female company their wives may have on this trip, my wife says she believes she will be going. But because it is a lengthy ride, she will insist we stop often for a rest. She and I will stop when she needs to stop and if we have to catch up to the others later, that is no problem.

For those wondering what kind of female company their wives may have on this trip, my wife says she believes she will be going. But because it is a lengthy ride, she will insist we stop often for a rest. She and I will stop when she needs to stop and if we have to catch up to the others later, that is no problem.

I'll be Solo, my bike doesn't really lend itself to Ladies riding Side saddle .

Why not lead Kd. we can all stop when you need to. I can be at the back and we can communicate with the Headset's unless you and the wife are going to be wispering sweet nothings on them :)

I'll be Solo, my bike doesn't really lend itself to Ladies riding Side saddle .

Why not lead Kd. we can all stop when you need to. I can be at the back and we can communicate with the Headset's unless you and the wife are going to be wispering sweet nothings on them :)

Side saddle? .. I gots western pins .. I can feel the stress already lol laugh.gif

OMG you dont invest with Touchwood?? You poor misguided soul. Biggest bunch of crooks in Thailand. Even worse than a Cockney car seller

Your going to miss the Tea and Cake ! :unsure:

You''re a treasure Jubbs as Ia m sure many a katoey has said as they lightened your gold stock.

T. came by late p.m. with a map , but missed you. He will drop it in tomorrow (with full instructions) .......if you're not in. The apple or mango cheesecakes at the half-way stop are to be recommended. Enjoy your ride.

I think I'm going to give this one a miss.

Looking like Zero Viz , atleast from where I'm looking . Just wouldn't do the trip justice :(

C'mon. This is gonna be fun. More about the people than looking at the mountains.

The Harsu clan stopped by with the map today. Looks to be a nice, interesting ride, with lots of little stops. Sounds like the Harsu gang will be going along as well, utilizing their pickup. I understand that if the route was driven, sans any stops, it is about a one and one half or two hour ride total to the turn-around point. But with a few little side road excursions and some rest stops, it will consume most of the day. Some nice twisties involved in the route, as well as a long, steady climb. I had it in my head that the little eatery/bakery was on the New Chiang Mai highway and that it is a place I have tried before. It isn't. It is an out of the way place that sounds as if I need to discover it. Looking forward to that.

How about a 10:00 a.m. meeting at my place? It is on the route anyway. For any of you who do not know but need to know, here is a map to my house.

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=685&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=chiang+rai+saddlebags&fb=1&gl=th&hq=saddlebags&hnear=Chiang+Rai&cid=0,0,15237744911645536906&ei=uqmaTbL5ItGIrAfgvsmEBw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQnwIwAA

If someone prefers a different meeting time or place, I am all for it.

Thoughts

The Harsu clan stopped by with the map today. Looks to be a nice, interesting ride, with lots of little stops. Sounds like the Harsu gang will be going along as well, utilizing their pickup. I understand that if the route was driven, sans any stops, it is about a one and one half or two hour ride total to the turn-around point. But with a few little side road excursions and some rest stops, it will consume most of the day. Some nice twisties involved in the route, as well as a long, steady climb. I had it in my head that the little eatery/bakery was on the New Chiang Mai highway and that it is a place I have tried before. It isn't. It is an out of the way place that sounds as if I need to discover it. Looking forward to that.

How about a 10:00 a.m. meeting at my place? It is on the route anyway. For any of you who do not know but need to know, here is a map to my house.

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=685&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=chiang+rai+saddlebags&fb=1&gl=th&hq=saddlebags&hnear=Chiang+Rai&cid=0,0,15237744911645536906&ei=uqmaTbL5ItGIrAfgvsmEBw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQnwIwAA

If someone prefers a different meeting time or place, I am all for it.

Thoughts

Cu there. If anyone cant understand the abbreviation this time it is now time to slash your wrists and no it is not synbol for copper but could expand to cop you there

On the drive to town today, the traffic was noticeably worse than it has been of late, and I encountered my first bucket of water thrown at the truck and the first hose spraying across the road.

The Ninja is now cleaned and put to bed for the duration of this, the killing season. Enjoy your ride. ;)

On the drive to town today, the traffic was noticeably worse than it has been of late, and I encountered my first bucket of water thrown at the truck and the first hose spraying across the road.

The Ninja is now cleaned and put to bed for the duration of this, the killing season. Enjoy your ride. ;)

You and Jubby can throw water on each other while we are out riding

Enjoy your showers - golden or otherwise

Can't believe you're passing up a trip to a good coffee shop. And CHEESECAKE!!!!! at another stop on the way. You feeling okay? I got the doc on speed dial here. He makes mouse calls.laugh.gif

You and Jubby can throw water on each other while we are out riding

Enjoy your showers - golden or otherwise

Certainly not noticed any water throwing but the 'Killing Season' may well be over before Songkran in our Village .

Whats that screaming , the Wife asked this morning around 11am. oh, its just some Village drunks singing. Seems party time has arrived already . I may join you afterall for a few hours respite .

Was out yesterday and today with no water thrown over or at us. Saw a little kid peeing by the side of the road. Does that count? If so I will retire the Harley and stick with the Honda for the enxt 2 weeks.

HOWEVER:- Coming back from Chiang Mai yesterday we hit rain between Phayao & Chun and is has hit us at Phusang about 20 minutes ago. If it's still raining tomororw morning I will send an email

citing my withdrawal from the event.

Not scared of water just figured years ago why put myself out. Especially the wet and uncomfortable front trouser condition and the centreline spray up the back

Was told yesterday that the ultra secret steering committe have already planned a ride for the end of the month. If so can you give us some notice as I am

going to be making sand castles on the beach in another country around then (actually jet ski-ing) but still have time to move the plane & hotel booking.

Was out yesterday and today with no water thrown over or at us. Saw a little kid peeing by the side of the road. Does that count? If so I will retire the Harley and stick with the Honda for the enxt 2 weeks.

HOWEVER:- Coming back from Chiang Mai yesterday we hit rain between Phayao & Chun and is has hit us at Phusang about 20 minutes ago. If it's still raining tomororw morning I will send an email

Not scared of water just figured years ago why put myself out. Especially the wet and uncomfortable front trouser condition and the centreline spray up the back

Was told yesterday that the ultra secret steering committe have already planned a ride for the end of the month. If so can you give us some notice as I am

going to be making sand castles on the beach in another country around then (actually jet ski-ing) but still have time to move the plane & hotel booking.

Will you be in my neck of the woods or getting probed at Aussy immigration :D

If the committee has a plan, I too am unaware. However, if there are two rides this month, I may be able to make them both.

I think the date for this month's ride just got pushed up because of the water works on the horizon.

heard a bit of thunder but thats about all.

I suspect this 'ultra secret steering commitee' which you have mentioned a couple of times already; is either a figment of your imagination or more likely a seperate group altogether. Only you can answer that one :unsure:

Will you be in my neck of the woods or getting probed at Aussy immigration :D

Neither sorry or I would have made an effort. Can get to Abu Dhabi later this month but thats about as close as it gets.

We will / should be at the Hard Rock Hotel Penang. I used to Jet Ski out that way a few years back but its been a while.

I suspect this 'ultra secret steering commitee' which you have mentioned a couple of times already; is either a figment of your imagination or more likely a seperate group altogether. Only you can answer that one :unsure:

Mentioned it once sweetheart. Time before I made a joke about a few of us having brunch togther and called it a steering committee(not secret I hope). Sorry you weren't invited but we all had to pay for our own food and drinks individually so I will let the paranoia do its job.

Yesterday I was told by someone who I trust more than anyone else on this thread that a ride had been planned for the end of the month. If it hasnt then someone got their wires crossed but as you can see by my post I was asking so I could maybe modify my itinerary nothing else. So go back to playing Secret Squirrel.

Mentioned it once sweetheart. Time before I made a joke about a few of us having brunch togther and called it a steering committee(not secret I hope). Sorry you weren't invited but we all had to pay for our own food and drinks individually so I will let the paranoia do its job.

Yesterday I was told by someone who I trust more than anyone else on this thread that a ride had been planned for the end of the month. If it hasnt then someone got their wires crossed but as you can see by my post I was asking so I could maybe modify my itinerary nothing else. So go back to playing Secret Squirrel.

Thanks. Thats cleared everything up. I do now remember reading about a ride at the end of the month posted by the Guy you trust more than everyone else on this thread. :unsure: Do continue not to invite me for Brunch :ermm:

Thanks. Thats cleared everything up. I do now remember reading about a ride at the end of the month posted by the Guy you trust more than everyone else on this thread. :unsure: Do continue not to invite me for Brunch :ermm:

Not a problem - you wont get invited to brunch. By the way if you dont like jokes so much dont look in the mirror.

As I wrote before - see above - the person is not on this thread and I never said it was posted or that it was a guy.

Enjoy your fantasies and I will enjoy my life

Edited by raylo

Not a problem - you wont get invited to brunch. By the way if you dont like jokes so much dont look in the mirror.

As I wrote before - see above - the person is not on this thread and I never said it was posted or that it was a guy.

Enjoy your fantasies and I will enjoy my life

Easy boys!B)