Day Rides, Chiang Rai Bikers

kandahar

I have to admit guys that so far I have had a good laugh reading this thread. Please don't stop the levity . All work makes for a dull existence at times and the Chiang Rai forum gives me some respite from the tedium. Thanks all :lol: :jap:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit guys that so far I have had a good laugh reading this thread. Please don't stop the levity . All work makes for a dull existence at times and the Chiang Rai forum gives me some respite from the tedium. Thanks all :lol: :jap:

I agree!

I read all the good news from afar.

All the best for your ride.

That is if it does not rain :jap:

Not raining here. If it drizzles a bit during the ride, I'll just have to stop off and have a cup somewhere.

Hi Kandy

Sorry I wont make it after all. We had the mother of all electrical storms last night. I woke up thinking someone was continually banging a kettle

drum outside with the lightning and thunder nearly machine gun like.

The missus had even used H-D chrome polish on the bike.

I finally got to sleep around 0400 (4:00 a.m.) and just got up to send this before going back to bed with a sh*t of a headache.

Good luck and good riding.

I will miss the camaraderie even Jubbsy. Kiss Kiss.

By the way we have a dog called Tubbs - any relation?? He is cute though.

WIll always try and keep you amused while you "work"! Its all in good fun and I cant help it if Jubby is afraid of mirrors. I thought he might be a

vampire when I first met him!

Its very overcast here and the humidity is building up. I am back to bed - night night

WIll always try and keep you amused while you "work"! Its all in good fun and I cant help it if Jubby is afraid of mirrors. I thought he might be a

vampire when I first met him!

Its very overcast here and the humidity is building up. I am back to bed - night night

night night John Boy.

I'm sure the Dogs no relation, and its not the first time I've been likened to a Vampire

The Electrical storms are quite something here. in the Uk, we count the time between the lightening and the thunder to see where its at. here that theory would blow your mind , its like a Disco sometimes

Here, no emotions in this post , you can second guess me

Not raining here. If it drizzles a bit during the ride, I'll just have to stop off and have a cup somewhere.

Met office says 20% chance of rain,

lets hope it comes in the evening, it's looking a lot brighter here now.

see you folks soon

Took a ride today. Thanks to the Harsu gang for showing us the way to some cool stuff. I hope they can go on future trips with us. They are good company.

Riding, sightseeing, eating, drinking coffee, self guided tour at Doi Chang and visiting. What a complete day. We didn't get wet. Took in the zoo, the reservoir and the reservoir dam, DC, the bakery and, up high, took in some smoke when the mountain was burning. Two of the more adventurous riders struck out for home the back way from DC. I'll give that a route a try next time, in the not too distant future.

Great company today, as always. We were missing a few of the previous riders and gained a few new companions on this ride. Super people to spend time with, all of them.

post-94255-0-58694500-1302184542_thumb.j

post-94255-0-21329700-1302184553_thumb.j

post-94255-0-82968200-1302184562_thumb.j

post-94255-0-75408900-1302184573_thumb.j

post-94255-0-35440300-1302184587_thumb.j

post-94255-0-57209200-1302184597_thumb.j

post-94255-0-21174500-1302184608_thumb.j

post-94255-0-28780500-1302184617_thumb.j

post-94255-0-05831700-1302184628_thumb.j

post-94255-0-79782200-1302184639_thumb.j

post-94255-0-55900900-1302184650_thumb.j

post-94255-0-75977000-1302184660_thumb.j

post-94255-0-25833000-1302184670_thumb.j

post-94255-0-09699400-1302184680_thumb.j

post-94255-0-65750300-1302184689_thumb.j

post-94255-0-31281500-1302184698_thumb.j

post-94255-0-27886800-1302184706_thumb.j

post-94255-0-10847900-1302184716_thumb.j

post-94255-0-20109400-1302184727_thumb.j

Congratulations to all who made the effort. Sorry I had to miss it was very fortuitous that I was at home today but

I missed riding. That coffee looks absolutely fantastic.

Took a ride today. Thanks to the Harsu gang for showing us the way to some cool stuff. I hope they can go on future trips with us. They are good company.

Riding, sightseeing, eating, drinking coffee, self guided tour at Doi Chang and visiting. What a complete day. We didn't get wet. Took in the zoo, the reservoir and the reservoir dam, DC, the bakery and, up high, took in some smoke when the mountain was burning. Two of the more adventurous riders struck out for home the back way from DC. I'll give that a route a try next time, in the not too distant future.

Great company today, as always. We were missing a few of the previous riders and gained a few new companions on this ride. Super people to spend time with, all of them.

Rough old route but we made it through alive, Lman had Juppy really worried at one point!

Hit Crai at 4.10, and we enjoyed a well earned cup of Earl Grey at Chez Lman.

Great day, great company, great old elephant to decend. You others missed some great scenery too when the old peepers weren't on the track!

Nice pix Woraphat, will post mine when I have time.

Quote: "Rough old route but we made it through alive, Lman had Juppy really worried at one point!

Great day, great company, great old elephant to decend. You others missed some great scenery too when the old peepers weren't on the track!

Nice pix Woraphat, will post mine when I have time."

Yes, jubby said that back way had some excitement. I suspect we will go to DC via that route towards the end of the month if the trail isn't too wet. He said it would be a mistake to try it when it is raining. Am looking forward to the scenic views we missed.

If your scooter did well on that route, I suspect the Phantom will fare well also. What about 2 up on that one? Good idea or not?

Quote: "Rough old route but we made it through alive, Lman had Juppy really worried at one point!

Nice pix Woraphat, will post mine when I have time."

Yes, jubby said that back way had some excitement. I suspect we will go to DC via that route towards the end of the month if the trail isn't too wet. He said it would be a mistake to try it when it is raining. Am looking forward to the scenic views we missed.

If your scooter did well on that route, I suspect the Phantom will fare well also. What about 2 up on that one? Good idea or not?

Going up would be a lot easier, maybe 2 up OK, yes, a definate no go in the rain.

Wouldn't mind joining you if I'm free, that coffee at DC was the tops. Then take the easy down for more cheesecake!

I wouldn't recommend doing it two up at the moment. Its not a really bad trail, its just that they are doing roadworks, grading it , so theres lots of lose dirt and rocks around. I suspect it'll be paved or atleast covered in concrete before the end of the year.

First time out with the bikers of TV Crai, and a most enjoyable day it was with the best of company. Here are the promised pix, just look at that lady drooling over the lemon pie!

Who's the fat Guy all in Black ? looks like he ate all the pies himself :D

Good to see everyone is having fun as I deal with this cold weather here in Canada. Canada has such a wonderful riding season, all 2 months of it :whistling: .

Be safe, enjoy and see you all soon on a ride.

BobM

You're not fooling me..two months of bike riding weather and ten months of sled weather in Canada. 12 month riding season :lol: :jap:

lannaman, I demand a removal of me drooling over the pie. What a horrible photo!! Reality hurts. Next time I'm wearing a burka with pie slot. It was a nice day though.

First time out with the bikers of TV Crai, and a most enjoyable day it was with the best of company. Here are the promised pix, just look at that lady drooling over the lemon pie!

lannaman, I demand a removal of me drooling over the pie. What a horrible photo!! Reality hurts. Next time I'm wearing a burka with pie slot. It was a nice day though.

Cannot remove, If you have a camera next time I'll be hiding!

With tail between legs Lman :( publicly apologises.

Click on “My Settings”, proceed to “Manage Attachments”, check the offending image and then delete. Easy-peasy, you have learned how to do something new. :)

Click on “My Settings”, proceed to “Manage Attachments”, check the offending image and then delete. Easy-peasy, you have learned how to do something new. :)

You can even replace it with a photo of a burqua...no one will know it is not her.

Lannaman - please don't feel you need to apologise. It was just me pulling your leg. I always try to be the photographer not the photographed one! J. says I should have used a smiley face - here it is- belatedly.:rolleyes:

Click on "My Settings", proceed to "Manage Attachments", check the offending image and then delete. Easy-peasy, you have learned how to do something new. :)

You can even replace it with a photo of a burqua...no one will know it is not her.

Thanks for sharing the trip photos :)

Thanks for sharing the trip photos.

It reminds me of our visit when we say you both :jap:

You'll have to make a trip with us one of these days. Always a nice day of getting to know people. For me, it really is about the folks more than anything else.

You'll have to make a trip with us one of these days. Always a nice day of getting to know people. For me, it really is about the folks more than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who’s mental acuity does not preclude multitasking, turning Biff’s wedding into a motorcycle outing would kill the proverbial two birds with the one stone.

There are some nice back roads one can take to get to Chiang Saen that avoid the main road construction. The only problem would be if you indulged in too much free alcohol and bad karaoke. But then you could perhaps sleep it off under a tree somewhere.