Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

arrived in thailand last night to terrific news, when we return to the uk in 2weeks time we will be carrying an extra 2 passengers back with us, yes we got visas for both boys, thanks for support and i will keep tabs on you all when i get back, good luck everyone,

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arrived in thailand last night to terrific news, when we return to the uk in 2weeks time we will be carrying an extra 2 passengers back with us, yes we got visas for both boys, thanks for support and i will keep tabs on you all when i get back, good luck everyone,

Nice one bud really glad to hear it :-)

Just wish I could shift bloody Bronchitis then maybe I could enjoy England

Great News mate well done !!

Excellent news on arrival Tigerjohn, this will feel like the best Thai holiday you have ever had...apart from the time you met your wife of course!! The wait didnt feel so bad now! Well done to you both and every happiness with your family in the future

congratulations tigerjohn, good luck for the rest too.

thx everyone and certainly enjoying thailand, haha i know how you feel english i get sick every time i get off the plane in england lol, good luck lads and yes when you get the answer the wait was nothing at all lol, chins up

Success! Settlement visa issued 01 June. Passport arrived CM today.

A big thank you to all those who help others on this forum. In particular I found posts from <bifftastic>, <RUTH888> and <Tiggerfish> very helpful as they gave a timeline and blow by blow account for the Embassy and MFA tasks. I printed these posts and kept them with me and they proved invaluable when a stroppy and ignorant taxi-driver took me to the wrong building, even though it had been clearly explained to him in Thai where the MFA was.

Thanks also to the Mods and especially <7by7> who exhibits the patience of a saint in answering the same questions again and again from those seeking help.

I will keep on this forum and help others where I can. Well done to <tigerjohn> and good luck to all those still waiting.

Regards

Mark :jap:

Submitted Children's application on the 20th Phone call from Embassy to Grandmother on the 2nd June. My calculations say the passports will be ready for collection next week. Either the processing times have come down significantly or we have been pulled out ready for the "Bad" news quickly. Of all the applications I have applied for with my Wife They have gone as follows.

1. Visit Visa approved no Interview

2. Visit Visa declined no Interview

3. Visit Visa re-submitted Approved no Interview

4. Settlement Visa unmarried Partner declined Interviewed by phone

5. Settlenet Visa unmarried Partner re submitted Approved no interview

6. ILR UK submission Approved

7. Settlemet Visa Child to join Mother declined Interviewed by phone.

8. Settlement Visa Child to join Mother re-submitted Approved

9. Settlement Visa Children to join Mother Grandmother Interviewed by Phone awaiting result....??

As you can see any phone Interview has been unsuccessful in the past, While we are hopeful my head is doubtful and I suppose past form does not bode well. We cannot possibly go through the turmoil of a refusal once again we wait with baited breath.

Good Luck to all those waiting !!!

How does the process of re-submitting the application go? Im just thinking ahead incase I get a refusal, Ive got hold of some more supporting documentation now which I didnt have at the time of the application but which I would have liked to included.

I imagine it would be quicker than making an appeal??

How does the process of re-submitting the application go? Im just thinking ahead incase I get a refusal, Ive got hold of some more supporting documentation now which I didnt have at the time of the application but which I would have liked to included.

I imagine it would be quicker than making an appeal??

Extremely Quicker by all accounts although your new supporting documents would have to substantiate the reason for refusal and you would need to point this out clearly in the covering letter..! My mistakes in the past have seemed to have been that I presumed the ECO would take past successful applications into account, what I mean by that I thought they would hold key information from previous applications therefore I thought it not necessary to include some important documents. "WRONG MOVE" Treat every application as if it were your first and include everything.

Good Luck

If refused you can submit a new application and also, at the same time, appeal the refusal.

If the new application is successful before any appeal, then withdraw the appeal and vice versa.

Though if you withdraw an application, you wont get the fee back.

As Jason says, for a new application to be successful you must deal with each and every aspect of the previous refusal.

I would like to join this list for my step daughter. put in visa application for child settlement on 5th april and heard nothing yet

cheers

rob

i contact VFS in thailand but by the time i got through VFS was closed and even if i get through like i did before i doubt whether they will even answer queries on tracking apart from what their tracking currently says which is visa with British Embassy to be processed which has done since 5th april....waiting game.....argghhhh!!

must be an update soon surely....it will be 9 weeks now that we entered the application...that is assuming they include songkran and other april and may bank hols...not sure how they count 12 weeks...is it 12 actual weeks or 12 wks consisting of 7 working days....or 90 working days as is on the guide to processing times....confused

i contact VFS in thailand but by the time i got through VFS was closed and even if i get through like i did before i doubt whether they will even answer queries on tracking apart from what their tracking currently says which is visa with British Embassy to be processed which has done since 5th april....waiting game.....argghhhh!!

must be an update soon surely....it will be 9 weeks now that we entered the application...that is assuming they include songkran and other april and may bank hols...not sure how they count 12 weeks...is it 12 actual weeks or 12 wks consisting of 7 working days....or 90 working days as is on the guide to processing times....confused

They count working days only so it's 12 weeks of 5 day weeks less the public holidays.

Can one of you guys on the list please take over posting it. As Tigerjohn has his visa he can't be expected to keep posting it. Usually someone on the list posts an update once a week or so.

Can one of you guys on the list please take over posting it. As Tigerjohn has his visa he can't be expected to keep posting it. Usually someone on the list posts an update once a week or so.

Agreed. Good luck to all those still waiting.

Rgds

Waiting list updated on 9th June:

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april = 3weeks and 5days, successful

tigerjohn 15th march - 26th may = 10weeks and 3days, successful

englishinsiam, 28th march - 12th may = 6weeks and 4days, successful (expedited on compassionate grounds)

contractor, 31st march - 1st june = 8weeks and 6days, successful

samcled, 5th april = 9weeks and 2days,

neilo, 5th april = 9weeks and 2days,

space1999, 5th april = 9weeks and 2days,

thaiscouse, 7th april = 9weeks and 0days,

brynpugh, 7th april = 9weeks and 0days,

lingyaiyai, 11th april = 8weeks and 3days

leafmould, 11th may = 4weeks and 1day,

farrangkeenok, 17th may = 3weeks and 2 days

jasonr3255, 20th may = 2weeks and 6days,

stabbo-lad, 25th may = 2weeks and 1day,

aland2012, 26th may = 2weeks and 0days,

all4one, 30th may ( ? saturday) = 1week and 5days,

brumdave, 9th June = 0weeks and 0days,

Hi everyone. Our application was submitted on May 5th. Happy to say we checked online today and saw passport was ready. Collected it immediately. Our application was successful!! Thanks for all the help I've had from this site.

Hi everyone. Our application was submitted on May 5th. Happy to say we checked online today and saw passport was ready. Collected it immediately. Our application was successful!! Thanks for all the help I've had from this site.

Congrats Neilo tell your wife to get some warm clothes.