Thaivisa (Phuket) Get Together?

trigger571

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am out of here!!

Wishing you all a great TV get together.

Gerd

Care to elaborate on that dramatical statement?

You said you were going in the other thread, how has what's been said in this thread changed that, baring in mind I'm not going?

This was not a dramatical statement, just changed my mind :whistling:

Right i've hit 20 posts, sign me up!!!!!, strange i don't feel any different, i imagined it to feel quite liberating, i'm still a sad, lonely, flee bitten shell of my former self, please, please no pitty, even the dogs just shat in my shoes!!!!, taxi!!

I think you have to be a member for 3 months as well.

No one knows how many people are going to turn up as you can send a a PM to KBB excepting

the invitation if you do not want to do it on the forum and be picked on by the bashers.

I am quite sure the bashers will not be there they prefer to remain anonymous

It will be a good get together in my opinion, only time will tell if i am right

Anyone who would like to attend the get together and would prefer to do it by personal message

here's how you do it, i am not being clever i am new on the Internet myself.

Click on the members name in the top left hand corner.

A new page will come up and below the members name it says send a message

Click on that and the message page will come up

No one knows how many people are going to turn up as you can send a a PM to KBB excepting

the invitation if you do not want to do it on the forum and be picked on by the bashers.

I am quite sure the bashers will not be there they prefer to remain anonymous

It will be a good get together in my opinion, only time will tell if i am right

katabeachbum

For the readers of ThaiVisa but still not members, why not become a member and make some posts?

Hello to all ,i am one of the above , a frequent browser and never have had any intension of joining any chat site.On seeing the KBB post to join up, well here i am.Not sure if i want to be involved at all but i do have some questions to put up.One is this// why is every subject mentioned on here turndrd into a nasty free for all biffo between long established posters all vitriolic and name calling, and then on the other hand some naiive newcomer asks or suggests something especially if anti phuket,and the same posters who attack each other seem to hold hands and group attack and belittle the newcomer?Puzzling to me but each to their own i figure.Anyway the main question is this// why on earth would this group of people with very obviously very little in common would actually want to meet in the flesh? Lately the postings on this very topic of a get together have degenerated as usual into a free for all, and now has been suggested that they who may attend send their acknowledgment in secret by PM so as to prevent nasties seeing who is actually going.Cripes i thought it was a social get together .And then by the organiser is the screamer below> .I realize the security issue, and have been giving it some thoughts.

I am a Highwaypolice Volunteer. I will have a chat with a couple of local Police offisers to either have frequent patrols or have offiser(s) to join us for the night.

Security issue??? Police pressence..??/ at a social get together?// Where are we people? Libya or Iraq or what?/ Would be comical if not so real.And all this from people who stand by there oft quoted<we live in paradise line>Thats my 2 bahts worth. start your flaming now i suppose, but you cant deny the absurdity of the whole issue.

katabeachbum

For the readers of ThaiVisa but still not members, why not become a member and make some posts?

Hello to all ,i am one of the above , a frequent browser and never have had any intension of joining any chat site.On seeing the KBB post to join up, well here i am.Not sure if i want to be involved at all but i do have some questions to put up.One is this// why is every subject mentioned on here turndrd into a nasty free for all biffo between long established posters all vitriolic and name calling, and then on the other hand some naiive newcomer asks or suggests something especially if anti phuket,and the same posters who attack each other seem to hold hands and group attack and belittle the newcomer?Puzzling to me but each to their own i figure.Anyway the main question is this// why on earth would this group of people with very obviously very little in common would actually want to meet in the flesh? Lately the postings on this very topic of a get together have degenerated as usual into a free for all, and now has been suggested that they who may attend send their acknowledgment in secret by PM so as to prevent nasties seeing who is actually going.Cripes i thought it was a social get together .And then by the organiser is the screamer below> .I realize the security issue, and have been giving it some thoughts.

I am a Highwaypolice Volunteer. I will have a chat with a couple of local Police offisers to either have frequent patrols or have offiser(s) to join us for the night.

Security issue??? Police pressence..??/ at a social get together?// Where are we people? Libya or Iraq or what?/ Would be comical if not so real.And all this from people who stand by there oft quoted<we live in paradise line>Thats my 2 bahts worth. start your flaming now i suppose, but you cant deny the absurdity of the whole issue.

Welcome to ThaiVisa

We are in a holiday destination where people do things they wouldnt dare at home. Some drown from it, some drunk drive and die, and some do other things they may regret later.

The Phuket Blues Rock Festival with a few hundred spectators finished last night and had at least 10 Policeoffisers present. The warm up show on Patong Beach at Thursday had a hundred spectators and 2 uniformed Police.

Most venues have security staff. For this ThaiVisa event at RicknRoll we improve security with uniformed Police.

Welcome to ThaiVisa

We are in a holiday destination where people do things they wouldnt dare at home. Some drown from it, some drunk drive and die, and some do other things they may regret later.

The Phuket Blues Rock Festival with a few hundred spectators finished last night and had at least 10 Policeoffisers present. The warm up show on Patong Beach at Thursday had a hundred spectators and 2 uniformed Police.

Most venues have security staff. For this ThaiVisa event at RicknRoll we improve security with uniformed Police.

Although I'm fairly sure that new poster is an existing member, very bored and sitting in an internet cafe, I agree with him about the security.

Anybody who believes that this get together needs a police presence, really shouldn't be going. I realise it's probably TV's way of making sure they avoid any incidents that will lead to bad publicity, but still, police presence at a BBQ in a public place?? Madness!!

Welcome to ThaiVisa

Although I'm fairly sure that new poster is an existing member, very bored and sitting in an internet cafe, I agree with him about the security.

Anybody who believes that this get together needs a police presence, really shouldn't be going. I realise it's probably TV's way of making sure they avoid any incidents that will lead to bad publicity, but still, police presence at a BBQ in a public place?? Madness!!

I would come along with my police uniform and truncheon, but I am not allowed to - " NOT welcomeani.gif"

Edited by terak69

Welcome to ThaiVisa

Yes, madness and ridiculous.

Anyone who would like to attend the get together and would prefer to do it by personal message

Who are we supposed to send this PM to?

I think I can make it and went to the one 3 years ago at Friendship Beach and had a good time.

I agree that most of the negative people didn't show their faces.

Who are we supposed to send this PM to?

I think I can make it and went to the one 3 years ago at Friendship Beach and had a good time.

I agree that most of the negative people didn't show their faces.

Katabeachbum on the official get together thread

Welcome to ThaiVisa

Yes, madness and ridiculous.

Agreed. My first thought was that mentioning presence of uniformed police was meant jokingly, but if it is not, ridiculous indeed. True, keyboard interactions can get vitriolic at times, but this certainly doesn't mean people who actually come would be likely to become verbally or even physically aggessive when meeting face to face. I cannot come, but if I would come, I would certainly show up without a motorcycle helmet and a first aid kit, and the presence of uniformed police would dampen my mood. Please tell me it was a joke, I wouldn't be the only one who is confused or didn't get it.

There is no free feed just a sponsor getting some profit

You mean they payed money for advertising, and now as a result of that advertising, they're getting some work, which will lead to some profit :o

That is wat i said.

I didn't say it was bad. You are reading things that are not there.

I am well aware everybody with a bussines has to make money. :)

Billy Joel "Honesty is such a lonely word"

I have been working in Thailand (Phuket) for almost 13 years. I have invested over a third of my life and so much time and effort to build something I hoped would become credible, special and fun... hence "Rick N' Roll Music Cafe". Due to our World Economy & The High Baht and let's say the Colorful Conflicts in Phuket / Bangkok... Tourism is way down and having a business here in Thailand is... Let's say... Challenging.

Since Tourism is way down all businesses owners in Phuket / Thailand need to target the expat community. By reading these forum comments that may be harder then getting more tourists to miraculously start coming back to Thailand : )

Have you seen the cost of the TV sponsorship? If not please check...To host a TV Get Together goes with the territory of why we sponsor.

Profit??? Not sure there will be any Profit... However, If being a sponsor and this TV Get together creates a comradery " familiarity and trust between friends" and an awareness of a place that is not just another " Watering Hole" but a place where people actually feel apart of something and a place you can meet up with friends that happens to have a Great Vibe, Good Food. Exotic Fairly priced Drinks and yes... Fun Music!

Last night we had a full Reggae Band hosted by Coconut Head Entertainment and Hungarian Fire Dancers!

Tomorrow night Monday the 28th we have some of the Bands from the Phuket Blues Rock Festival coming in for an Unplugged Jam.

As a sponsor I hope to meet all those TV forum members on the 11th of March that don't complain about what we don't have on this Island.. But on the other hand are willing to support each other in a network to see what we actually do have and what we can have in the future!

For those positive members that are coming please PM me so we can reserve you a table.

I have been working in Thailand (Phuket) for almost 13 years. I have invested over a third of my life and so much time and effort to build something I hoped would become credible, special and fun... hence "Rick N' Roll Music Cafe". Due to our World Economy & The High Baht and let's say the Colorful Conflicts in Phuket / Bangkok... Tourism is way down and having a business here in Thailand is... Let's say... Challenging.

Since Tourism is way down all businesses owners in Phuket / Thailand need to target the expat community. By reading these forum comments that may be harder then getting more tourists to miraculously start coming back to Thailand : )

Have you seen the cost of the TV sponsorship? If not please check...To host a TV Get Together goes with the territory of why we sponsor.

Profit??? Not sure there will be any Profit... However, If being a sponsor and this TV Get together creates a comradery " familiarity and trust between friends" and an awareness of a place that is not just another " Watering Hole" but a place where people actually feel apart of something and a place you can meet up with friends that happens to have a Great Vibe, Good Food. Exotic Fairly priced Drinks and yes... Fun Music!

Last night we had a full Reggae Band hosted by Coconut Head Entertainment and Hungarian Fire Dancers!

Tomorrow night Monday the 28th we have some of the Bands from the Phuket Blues Rock Festival coming in for an Unplugged Jam.

As a sponsor I hope to meet all those TV forum members on the 11th of March that don't complain about what we don't have on this Island.. But on the other hand are willing to support each other in a network to see what we actually do have and what we can have in the future!

For those positive members that are coming please PM me so we can reserve you a table.

:thumbsup:

RICK..I have known you as long as you have been here...good luck to you,there not many who have put in as much effort as you have for little return

Phuket must be 1 of the hardest places in the world to make money, if you are a foeigner here...RICKY,even though you are a YANK you are a great guy..like us poms say you are a..GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR.. Rock on Rick..

RICK..I have known you as long as you have been here...good luck to you,there not many who have put in as much effort as you have for little return

Phuket must be 1 of the hardest places in the world to make money, if you are a foeigner here...RICKY,even though you are a YANK you are a great guy..like us poms say you are a..GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR.. Rock on Rick..

I do appreciate your comment and I will need to see you at the TV Get Together to return the compliment... I know there are so many more good people on this Island and in this Country Thai & Foreigner that deserve a fare shot. I am from Vegas and I guess no matter where you go in this world it is the Roll of the Dice... However, in this case I hope to actually get some feedback of what our local community want in a place they can go... let their hair down and really enjoy some nightlife and entertainment. I hope to make this Roll of the Dice... Rick N' Roll. I do hope to see you at the TV Get Together!

Edited by ricknroll

Attending as advised in the other thread, on the assumption that the comment about police security is intended as a joke - unless, of course, they have the requisite months of membership, postcount and pay their money. As I understand it, the rules about having mates attending who are not TV members apply to everyone, whether they be police mates or not. If it is suggested that their presence is required for security purposes, then there must be some concern that the function will be considerably more robust than the previous ones I have attended. Oh wait, it was a joke after all, right? Good! Then I can expect to not see any police (or other people) there, either genuine (BiB) or plastic (volunteers), unless they are qualified TV members.

I hung up my police uniform last year, (I couldn't find a new uniform to fit my ever-expanding waistline).

If I can find a few hours of spare time then I will also like to come along to meet (perhaps for the first time) some of my ThaiVisa colleagues.

Simon

Welcome to ThaiVisa

Thank you for your welcome. I understand exactly what you say above regarding security but surely the demographics of the people on holiday and at beach festivals and such are 180* opposite to a social BBQ get together.I mean to say that at this function there are probably 99% permanent residents,as opposed to crazy tourists, probably a great % in the over 50 years group,mostly already known to each other,probably no mind altering drugs involved ,no freeloaders as karenbravo keeps refering to,because this is a pay to eat meat/meet and greet 555 ,no guns and knives among this group either i would say so pray tell why on earth are you so concerned about security to the point that you want real police to be present?Something just does not gell here.Nudge/nudge not just a free feed/drinks for your fellow cops i hope .Obviously i do not qualify for the BBQ but if i did i also would be very reticent to attend a simple sosial gathering where the organisers feel the need to have security of any type at all, let alone the BIB.Please inform the ones who are to attend wxactly what your fears are, they do dererve to know.

Thank you for your welcome. I understand exactly what you say above regarding security but surely the demographics of the people on holiday and at beach festivals and such are 180* opposite to a social BBQ get together.I mean to say that at this function there are probably 99% permanent residents,as opposed to crazy tourists, probably a great % in the over 50 years group,mostly already known to each other,probably no mind altering drugs involved ,no freeloaders as karenbravo keeps refering to,because this is a pay to eat meat/meet and greet 555 ,no guns and knives among this group either i would say so pray tell why on earth are you so concerned about security to the point that you want real police to be present?Something just does not gell here.Nudge/nudge not just a free feed/drinks for your fellow cops i hope .Obviously i do not qualify for the BBQ but if i did i also would be very reticent to attend a simple sosial gathering where the organisers feel the need to have security of any type at all, let alone the BIB.Please inform the ones who are to attend wxactly what your fears are, they do dererve to know.

"The Phuket Blues Rock Festival with a few hundred spectators finished last night and had at least 10 Policeoffisers present." The event was supported by Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers, who do not carry guns and do not drink on duty. They were present to help the good people have a great time and the bad people to leave.

"The Phuket Blues Rock Festival with a few hundred spectators finished last night and had at least 10 Policeoffisers present." The event was supported by Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers, who do not carry guns and do not drink on duty. They were present to help the good people have a great time and the bad people to leave.

I didn't see any bad people at the festival and don't think there will be a few hundred TV members present at this event.

I also think that realy bad people won't be scared away by the Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers.