Thaivisa (Phuket) Get Together?

trigger571

but our home grown dickheads are doing the job already.

Now now, 'Old Croc'. That isn't very nice. Not to mention the kind of thing you normally frown upon. You don't want to get a reputation for being a hypocrite now do you?

You've made the most replies (21) on the party thread, a function you made clear early on you weren't going to! :blink:

Does that make you a hypocrite or a troll?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've made the most replies (21) on the party thread, a function you made clear early on you weren't going to! :blink:

:lol: You went through and counted my posts??

I've changed my mind, I do want to come to the function, and I want to sit next to you, you sound like a bundle of laughs!!

It's a fair point though. I post when I need to be sat in front of the computer, for long periods of time. So too many posts = too much work.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm off to the beach for a couple of beers. :thumbsup:

:lol: You went through and counted my posts??

I've changed my mind, I do want to come to the function, and I want to sit next to you, you sound like a bundle of laughs!!

It's a fair point though. I post when I need to be sat in front of the computer, for long periods of time. So too many posts = too much work.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm off to the beach for a couple of beers. :thumbsup:

I didn't count the posts.

One click of the mouse tells all.

Knowing where to click is the trick. :)

can i just show up for a beer and some bbq without a reservation???

like a normal customer ??? :whistling:

I've been wondering that from the outset. I can't imagine someone standing at the door, foreigner walks in. Security approaches man, "Are you from TV?"

He gets a bemused look from the foreigner... Security affirms, "You can only go to this bar, stand between here and there, and please do not talk to those men there..." Why? because the likes of some of the posters here will bite your head off! Heaven forbid anyone who IS a TV member, and doesn't lurk in the Phuket forum and happen upon Rick's that night...

Eiher way, I'm looking forward to meeting anyone and every, good, bad, ugly, old and the new!

Exactly my point. All this talk about only 'qualified' TV members being allowed to go is nonsense because it's totally unenforceable. Plus the fact that many attending members wish to remain anonymous - it's going to be a lot of fun playing 'spot the troll'!

See you there folks, I'll be the one wearing a big grin! :D

Unlike the past TV parties where everything was free, this one only gets you some finger foods ( which will just fill you up so you can't eat as much of the good BBQ) and a welcome drink, so really the only reason that I see to prescreen attendees would be due to the size of the venue. Perhaps Ricky can give us an estimate of capacity, then on the sign up thread those that qualify in regards to number of posts, time served etc. will get first shot at signup, then those that want to attend and announce their presence before coming could sign up also to get a decent accurate head count.

If George decides to step up and cover the event as in events past, then perhaps the number of posts and time as a member becomes a factor.

Exactly my point. All this talk about only 'qualified' TV members being allowed to go is nonsense because it's totally unenforceable. Plus the fact that many attending members wish to remain anonymous - it's going to be a lot of fun playing 'spot the troll'!

See you there folks, I'll be the one wearing a big grin! :D

As long as you're wearing more than the nappy. :lol:

Seriously, no reason for this attitude, you seem to be back from the dark side. :)

The point I'm trying to get across is:

What are you going to do about 'unqualified' people who turn up on the night?

I will probably go just to see how the 'qualified' members deal with them, should be interesting!

maybe ill come with you mate..we can go as the 2 ronnies..that will confuse them all

Unlike the past TV parties where everything was free, this one only gets you some finger foods ( which will just fill you up so you can't eat as much of the good BBQ) and a welcome drink, so really the only reason that I see to prescreen attendees would be due to the size of the venue. Perhaps Ricky can give us an estimate of capacity, then on the sign up thread those that qualify in regards to number of posts, time served etc. will get first shot at signup, then those that want to attend and announce their presence before coming could sign up also to get a decent accurate head count.

If George decides to step up and cover the event as in events past, then perhaps the number of posts and time as a member becomes a factor.

Ah, the voice of reason.

Not wearing a name tag does not mean they will not have a list of those attending at the door :)

Door? What door? Have you ever been to Rick's place?

Ok just to make you happy, they will have a list of people who have said they will attend.

That's what the official post for attending the event is about

can i just show up for a beer and some bbq without a reservation???

like a normal customer ??? :whistling:

RicknRoll is doing all u can eat BBQ every Monday, Thursday and Saturday as I recall, so on those days yes.

Friday March 11th is TV get together at RicknRoll for those signed up in the sign up thread or by PM to me or RicknRoll

RicnRoll seats approx 40-45 inside the venue, and can ad another 4 tables seating 16 on pavement, so if the get together gets close to fully booked, we increase member requirement to +10 years :D

Suggest those wanting to join the get together sign up, so far it is not fully booked.:)

Ah, the voice of reason.

This is an informal get together, not an official TV sponsored event. TV will contribute, but those cards I keep close until all the noisy posts have settled and just before the event

so as said previously, 350 baht BBQ where RicknRoll throws in some extras, and ThaiVisa throws something in :)

Ok just to make you happy, they will have a list of people who have said they will attend.

That's what the official post for attending the event is about

So what happens if someone enters RickNRolls on the 11th and their name is not on the list as they are not/have never been, a member of TV. Or they are a member but didn't put their name on the list as they decided to come at the last minute?

Will they be refused entrance? If so, how do you intend to enforce this?

Apologies if I seem to be labouring the point, I'm just looking for some clarification here.

Apologies if I seem to be labouring the point, I'm just looking for some clarification here.

No you're not, you're just moaning and stirring.

No need to get personal.

Actually I'm trying to get an answer to a perfectly legitimate question. Instead of offering insults maybe you could give me an answer to the original question, as nobody else seems to want to.

No need to get personal.

Actually I'm trying to get an answer to a perfectly legitimate question. Instead of offering insults maybe you could give me an answer to the original question, as nobody else seems to want to.

Chainsaw, are you getting the Google ad at the bottom of the page "Russian Love match" with a picture of a blonde on a scale of 1-10 who is a 12? Well, for clarification purposes, if she shows up and is not a member, I'm pretty sure she'll get in, otherwise, your typical bloke, I forsee a kick in the nuts and thrown to the gutter.

No, i've nothing in the diary, it's Rick and rolls for me on the 11th, i'm sure some TV members haven't even entered R & R's before, i'm a regular there, as chainsaw has pointed out who would stop him, as it seems all though he qualify s and he's a friend of Mr Rick, So on the 11th has the TV forum actually hired the whole space of R&R's, meaning it's a private, no general public do, how much did it cost to hire the place, or is a freebie but TV making the demands, so as i'm standing there "hi Rick" remember me, a regular!!!, whats the consequences if as a friend Rick lets me in, custom is custom, most of yous will never enter R&R's for another year. angry.gif

can the organisers confirm as someone has thrown a spanner in the works, i have over 20 posts now, but do i still need to be a 3 month member, i'm looking forward to a good knee's up and i think it could be a real highlight. whistling.gif

Half your post are about the party :D must be something else to do in Phuket that night :blink:

No, i've nothing in the diary, it's Rick and rolls for me on the 11th, i'm sure some TV members haven't even entered R & R's before, i'm a regular there, as chainsaw has pointed out who would stop him, as it seems all though he qualify s and he's a friend of Mr Rick, So on the 11th has the TV forum actually hired the whole space of R&R's, meaning it's a private, no general public do, how much did it cost to hire the place, or is a freebie but TV making the demands, so as i'm standing there "hi Rick" remember me, a regular!!!, whats the consequences if as a friend Rick lets me in, custom is custom, most of yous will never enter R&R's for another year. angry.gif

Rick and i havent discussed this, but if its full its full, and kinda hard to find a seat if all reserved. All signed up members will have one or two reserved seats according to their reservation/sign up

Rick and i havent discussed this, but if its full its full, and kinda hard to find a seat if all reserved. All signed up members will have one or two reserved seats according to their reservation/sign up

Crossed posts there but the above clarifies things a bit - thanks

I think Mr chainsaw you can sign up on the sign up thread, if it full then it's full and because you qualify you would get a higher priority then my self who doesn't qualify, Are you the chainsaw that was affectionately called hacksaw in the blues festival handbook. if it is i saw you on stage last friday, fantastic, the phuket all stars really rocked, if it's not you, the name chainsaw is already taken by a god in blues on phuket.guitar.gif

I think Mr chainsaw you can sign up on the sign up thread, if it full then it's full and because you qualify you would get a higher priority then my self who doesn't qualify, Are you the chainsaw that was affectionately called hacksaw in the blues festival handbook. if it is i saw you on stage last friday, fantastic, the phuket all stars really rocked, if it's not you, the name chainsaw is already taken by a god in blues on phuket.guitar.gif

Aw shucks, :closedeyes: Yes, tis me and thanks for the compliment. I'm a sucker for flattery and you've earned yourself a beer! :drunk:

Crossed posts there but the above clarifies things a bit - thanks

Well there are two persons involved in organizing this get together, Rick and me, so we just make up the rules as needed :D

Rick has invested his soul in RicknRoll Music cafe, and their all u can eat BBQ is yum yum :P . He has accepted to host the ThaiVisa get together to get some feedback on what people in Phuket and Kata Beach wants from their wateringhole/hangaround/eatery. It used to be an ordinary place, but past couple of weeks every time I ride by its very much alive until midnight. Music, food, ambience, local expats, oh its Thursday today and we havent planned dinner at home B)

Aw shucks, :closedeyes: Yes, tis me and thanks for the compliment. I'm a sucker for flattery and you've earned yourself a beer! :drunk:

I just realised I saw you on stage too, fantastic, why on earth havent you signed up yet :rolleyes:

TV get together is developing to a BBQ with star(s):D

Yip i agree 100%, if Rick could physically put his blood in the building it would be there by now, i'm all for supporting Rick whole heartedly

Well there are two persons involved in organizing this get together, Rick and me, so we just make up the rules as needed :D

Rick has invested his soul in RicknRoll Music cafe, and their all u can eat BBQ is yum yum :P . He has accepted to host the ThaiVisa get together to get some feedback on what people in Phuket and Kata Beach wants from their wateringhole/hangaround/eatery. It used to be an ordinary place, but past couple of weeks every time I ride by its very much alive until midnight. Music, food, ambience, local expats, oh its Thursday today and we havent planned dinner at home B)