Thaivisa (Phuket) Get Together?

trigger571

It must just be you laugh.gif

Why do you not have a TV party for "only the members you want to invite" -

As someone has pointed out , the host has less than 20 posts

If you are a member then you are a member

Hand over the money, that the host paid for his business to be sponsored, then I'm sure TV will send you an invite. ;)

That's exactly why I wouldn't bother going. For every one person that I would enjoy meeting, their would be 10 as silly as you.

1st you haven't met me That you know of (!!!) & 2ndly feeling is same same xx

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st you haven't met me That you know of & 2ndly felling is same same xx

Well obviously it isn't, because you want to go! :blink:

Where did I say I wanted to go ??? I only felt that it was unfair on the members that were less than 3 months !!! Read the posts carefully jap.gif

Where did I say I wanted to go ??? I only felt that it was unfair on the members that were less than 3 months !!! Read the posts carefully jap.gif

Either way mate, if you think it's unfair that people who have just joined can't go, and you can't see the logic behind it, then I think you're a bit daft.

Either way mate, if you think it's unfair that people who have just joined can't go, and you can't see the logic behind it, then I think you're a bit daft.

There is no logic behind it - It's a party for all members EXCEPT those who joined less than 3 months ago - plain & SIMPLE jap.gif

There is no logic behind it - It's a party for all members EXCEPT those who joined less than 3 months ago - plain & SIMPLE jap.gif

Some TV members join simply to make posts that will ultimately lead to them being banned. As someone pointed out, some saddos have even joined just so they can attend the party. Some people join and then one week later dissapear and never post again. Having a limit, stops those people from coming, and leaves just people who have been conversing on TV for a reasonable amount of time.

If you remove that limit, you may as well put an add in the PG and invite anybody who happens to be in Phuket right now. Thus making it not a TV party. Simple logic.

<deleted>, I've just realised why everyone's happy me and you aren't going. :D

I see Rick doesn't have 20 posts yet. :whistling::D

Hmm ... Your right. I haven't used my sponsorship privileges enough... thanks for pointing that out ;)

I will have to post more... Here goes, Don't forget to get your Phuket Blues Rock Festival tickets at Rick N' Roll Today" All You Can Eat BBQ" and Tomorrow and save 300 baht. Plus bring your wrist band (tickets) to Rick N' Roll on Monday Feb the 28th and get a fee Local Beer.

For the members who joined less than 3 months ago and havent made 20 posts yet, start posting :) There will be probably be another event at a later point and then you will qualify for a ThaiVisa get together.

For the readers of ThaiVisa but still not members, why not become a member and make some posts?

In addition to the fun of posting, you will qualify for the next ThaiVisa get together :)

RicnRoll is not a very large venue, so seating capacity is limited. This time invitation is for members with at least 3 months and 20 posts.

<deleted>, I've just realised why everyone's happy me and you aren't going. :D

That'll be three of us, then.

I'm one of the black sheep that has no intention of walking through that gate. I'll just keep grazing happily.

I think I've pissed off Rick, I'll have to give it a miss too. :rolleyes:

I think I've pissed off Rick, I'll have to give it a miss too. :rolleyes:

Just claim that you're me.

Oh wait.......better not do that.

PC may give you a crack over the head with his walking stick.

Either that, or "debate" you to within an inch of your life.

Edited by KarenBravo

what the criteria for attending the get together, it seems to be so many posts and a member for more then 3 months, have i got that right. to me thats like putting 20 million in the thai bank, but your only a valued customer, even though we need your contributions to survive after you've walked in the bank 20 times or 3 months has past. it seems to undermine the common decency of the nubbie forum members, once i join something i'm 100% committed, postings or time frames really have no relevance to my intentions or commitment. How do these regulations and procedures work with the partners of the forum members, they might never have even seen the forum, never posted or don't even know how long there partners have been a member on the forum. i would have thought if a nubbie is willing to pay for a BBQ that in it's self shows attention and commitment towards the forum.

what the criteria for attending the get together, it seems to be so many posts and a member for more then 3 months, have i got that right. to me thats like putting 20 million in the thai bank, but your only a valued customer, even though we need your contributions to survive after you've walked in the bank 20 times or 3 months has past. it seems to undermine the common decency of the nubbie forum members, once i join something i'm 100% committed, postings or time frames really have no relevance to my intentions or commitment. How do these regulations and procedures work with the partners of the forum members, they might never have even seen the forum, never posted or don't even know how long there partners have been a member on the forum. i would have thought if a nubbie is willing to pay for a BBQ that in it's self shows attention and commitment towards the forum.

Hear Hear partytime2.gif

RicknRoll has thrown in some extras for this TV members get together like fingerfood and welcomedrink. RicknRoll has limited seating capacity, so we have drawn the line at 3 months/20 posts members. Some +5 year and 10.000 post members may consider this requierement to low :unsure:

In addition we are working on how to organize TV contributions.

some would become members simply to enjoy this.

members not qualifying this time, can enjoy RicknRolls all you can eat BBQ any other night at 350 baht :)

i can see the logic, but what happens if the attendance is so low, would you then say that 20 postings and the 3 month membership doesn't matter to put bums on seats. i really think it would alienate nubbies, remember someone with 1000's of postings is surely at home on phuket, but a nubbie, who wants to integrate in the phuket community via such events feel even more out of it and alienated, and these criteria to attend prove that point 100%, i can go anywhere on any night, but the whole idea is to be at Ricks on that night, how mant Xmas parties have you been to the next day, never!!!!

RicknRoll has thrown in some extras for this TV members get together like fingerfood and welcomedrink. RicknRoll has limited seating capacity, so we have drawn the line at 3 months/20 posts members. Some +5 year and 10.000 post members may consider this requierement to low :unsure:

In addition we are working on how to organize TV contributions.

some would become members simply to enjoy this.

members not qualifying this time, can enjoy RicknRolls all you can eat BBQ any other night at 350 baht :)

Edited by ukfriend

You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise Rick may just as well hang out a bunch of balloons & call it a birthday party. At IBAP if you are a member the entry fee is only half the price as non members pay. At GOMS everyone pays the same price but you have to qualify for voting rights.

Edited by Valentine

You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise Rick may just as well hang out a bunch of balloons & call it a birthday party. At IBAP if you are a member the entry fee is only half the price as non members pay. At GOMS everyone pays the same price but you have to qualify for voting rights.

Hi - you indicate

IBAP - all members are accepted

GOMS - all members are accepted - - what is GOMS please

TV - NOT all members are accepted

I personally am not bothered about going, but it's the double standards that are being applied that hack me off. jap.gif

Edited by terak69

I personally am not bothered about going, but it's the double standards that are being applied that hack me off. jap.gif

Maybe if you had been to a previous TV meeting and seen how many people with only one, or, two posts showed up just to gobble up the free food, then disappear, you'd feel different.

No double standards. 20 posts - 3 month membership + one guest.

Edited by KarenBravo