Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Thaivisa (Phuket) Get Together?

trigger571

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones we've had in the past (with official Thaivisa sponsorship) have been good, but the last time we tried to organise one (two years ago), it became a slanging match as to venue (and other things). Since the main spanner in the works is no longer a member of TV - at least, not under his former member name - there may be less of a problem this time. It would be a good idea to get some firm indications of interest, though.

Hate to be a party pooper, but I'll be surprised if this gets even close to getting off the ground. Someone has to commit to arranging it and doing all the associated work. It may be easier to do something far more informal; eg 'I'm proposing an informal get together at such-and-such a bar/cafe/restaurant at x time, if anyone is interested in meeting some of their fellow TV members.'

what is the purpose of the get together and what do foreign residents stand to benefit or learn from the meeting to improve their well beeing such as new immigration laws,usefiul contacts,debates,clarifications etc

Making new friends and meeting people who have the same interests as yourself.

There are people on this forum who i would like to meet.

There i live as far as i know i am the only retired person, i would like to meet people in similar circumstances

who have the same freedom to do things as we have.

what is the purpose of the get together and what do foreign residents stand to benefit or learn from the meeting to improve their well beeing such as new immigration laws,usefiul contacts,debates,clarifications etc

There are other groups such as IBAP which fulfill that but the TV get together IMO is to get to know some members personally & have a social outing. Peter tried it by having a some lunch get togethers but his idea was to meet couples of similar interests.

^They're mainly about being able to put faces to member names - social events. There's always the opportunity for learning, but that is more to do with what this website can provide. Those poor folk :whistling: who still have to work (or work for the pleasure of it) would be able to avail themselves of networking opportunities, I suppose, but it is mainly about having a good time and meeting people in a social context.

E: Clarif.

Edited by Ping

Would be nice if the meeting could be scheduled to take place after the high season has finished. Quite a few regular posters are likely to be too busy to socialize during the high season. Best of all it would be if the meeting was held at the venue of a member who has a guesthouse/resort/hotel in Phuket,his restaurant could be used and he could offer rooms at a reduced price for those who live far away or who don't want to drive back drunk.

The first one was about 2004. After many posts and seemingly a lot of interest only Sir Burr and I turned up. It was at 2 Black Sheep in Patong.

BTW I haven't seen Sir Burr posting for a long time. Does anyone know what happened to him ?

I went to a get together at 2 Black Sheep where I met Donna, Kerry, Gerd, JDinasia, Sadman and Toothfairy.

Didn't see Sir Burr there. Yes he was banned, pity, he is missed on the forum.

The first one was about 2004. After many posts and seemingly a lot of interest only Sir Burr and I turned up. It was at 2 Black Sheep in Patong.

BTW I haven't seen Sir Burr posting for a long time. Does anyone know what happened to him ?

I went to a get together at 2 Black Sheep where I met Donna, Kerry, Gerd, JDinasia, Sadman and Toothfairy.

Didn't see Sir Burr there. Yes he was banned, pity, he is missed on the forum.

I went to 2 piss-up's in my year there --- both were a great time .. old croc, gerd, donna, brit , firefan, etc ... If you could get Chantal motivated one in her neck of the woods would be fun!

Even though I lived in Phuket (Kamala) at the time, I always took a tuktuk to the pissup and got a hotel room in town for the night. There was no way I was going over those hills, at night, after drinking with these folks!

He was banned.

Superman's other identity is Clark Kent

As our beloved Phuket Forum has only one sponsor (as I know) in the restaurant business, I suggest the event to be at our sponsors RicknRoll BBQ in Kata New road. Great food, live music. Rick has some rooms for rent and its walking distance to Ibis Hotel in addition to plenty of smaller neighborhood guesthouses. Ample parking can be provided.

I suggest a 7pm BBQ, and Saturday would probably be the best day as most have Sundays off. Lets say in a month or so.

Ricky how many can you seat and serve?

I am in and can ask TV admin for support, but first how many members are in for this?

As our beloved Phuket Forum has only one sponsor (as I know) in the restaurant business, I suggest the event to be at our sponsors RicknRoll BBQ in Kata New road. Great food, live music. Rick has some rooms for rent and its walking distance to Ibis Hotel in addition to plenty of smaller neighborhood guesthouses. Ample parking can be provided.

I suggest a 7pm BBQ, and Saturday would probably be the best day as most have Sundays off. Lets say in a month or so.

I am in and can ask TV admin for support, but first how many members are in for this?

Not to mention, it's within walking distance to your house! :whistling:

Not to mention, it's within walking distance to your house! :whistling:

You dont know how lazy I am, but 1,5 km is within motocy distance :)

and if a better suggestion comes up, I will travel anywhere within Phuket :)

so, do we get to meet you and your family?

You dont know how lazy I am, but 1,5 km is within motocy distance :)

and if a better suggestion comes up, I will travel anywhere within Phuket :)

so, do we get to meet you and your family?

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid mate, but I hope you all have a good time, and would enjoy seeing photos.