Thaivisa (Phuket) Get Together?

trigger571

can the organisers confirm as someone has thrown a spanner in the works, i have over 20 posts now, but do i still need to be a 3 month member, i'm looking forward to a good knee's up and i think it could be a real highlight. whistling.gif

Half your post are about the party :D must be something else to do in Phuket that night :blink:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can the organisers confirm as someone has thrown a spanner in the works, i have over 20 posts now, but do i still need to be a 3 month member, i'm looking forward to a good knee's up and i think it could be a real highlight. whistling.gif

From the original invitation (bold is from me):

Invitation to all Thaivisa members with more than 3 months/20 posts membership as of today. Invitation includes members partner.
Today was 23 February 2011.

Attending as advised in the other thread, on the assumption that the comment about police security is intended as a joke - unless, of course, they have the requisite months of membership, postcount and pay their money. As I understand it, the rules about having mates attending who are not TV members apply to everyone, whether they be police mates or not. If it is suggested that their presence is required for security purposes, then there must be some concern that the function will be considerably more robust than the previous ones I have attended. Oh wait, it was a joke after all, right? Good! Then I can expect to not see any police (or other people) there, either genuine (BiB) or plastic (volunteers), unless they are qualified TV members.

It is a get together for ThaiVisa members only, and if there are any Police present in addition to me, they will be qualified (minimum 3 months and 20 posts as of 23/02/2554) members.

Chalong Police patrols this road frequently, including on ThaiVisa get together evening

In general it is in Thailand for any kind of roadside event (like weddings or funerals), to have Police attention. Bypassers notice the neon lights and red rotating lights(usually not working) outside the venue. When its time to go home, I have on several occasions seen Police help bikers to keep balance :D

Anyhow, I am looking forward to TV get together and RicknRolls BBQ :)

In general it is in Thailand for any kind of roadside event (like weddings or funerals), to have Police attention. Bypassers notice the neon lights and red rotating lights(usually not working) outside the venue. When its time to go home, I have on several occasions seen Police help bikers to keep balance :D

Saw this one time when Taipan was a bunch of open air bars. Almost daylight a friend of mine got on his motorbike & then collapsed all over the policeman sitting nearby on his bike. After untangling themselves the kindly policeman helped him get steady on his bike then gave him a gentle shove to get going.

I think ukfriend should understand now he is not qualified to attend the TV BBQ but should be OK for the next one.

Edited by Valentine

"The Phuket Blues Rock Festival with a few hundred spectators finished last night and had at least 10 Policeoffisers present." The event was supported by Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers, who do not carry guns and do not drink on duty. They were present to help the good people have a great time and the bad people to leave.

I didn't see any bad people at the festival and don't think there will be a few hundred TV members present at this event.

I also think that realy bad people won't be scared away by the Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers.

Just because you did not see any bad people does not mean they were not there, maybe you did not see bad people because you were there to watch and listen to the music, or could it be because the Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers were effective. What is your problem with the Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers?

It is a get together for ThaiVisa members only, and if there are any Police present in addition to me, they will be qualified (minimum 3 months and 20 posts as of 23/02/2554) members.

Chalong Police patrols this road frequently, including on ThaiVisa get together evening

How do I get invited, I believe I qualify for time a member and number of posts. I have not attended a TV get togethr before.

Just because you did not see any bad people does not mean they were not there, maybe you did not see bad people because you were there to watch and listen to the music, or could it be because the Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers were effective. What is your problem with the Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers?

Nobody has a problem with them. The point people are making, is that there is no need for them, what so ever, to be present at the TV get together.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to TV get together and RicknRolls BBQ smile.gif

Intrigueing this is becoming.Why do you not reply to my post and state your reasons that you really feel the need to have security at a private BBQ.First you compared it to an open beach party and now you are saying/// In general it is in Thailand for any kind of roadside event (like weddings or funerals), to have Police attention.As i have previously eaten at Ricks and yes the BBQ is good, one thing that is very obvious is that it is indeed not a roadside event at all, and on the night i and many other people ate there, there was no security and no trouble at all.Again i ask you to inform the prospective attendees ///What do you know, that you will not disclose, that may endanger these attendees to the degree that you feel you need sucurity?You have a moral obligation to do so.Point two is this.You and others are apparently Volunteer Highway Police, so obviously no have absolutely no power to act as real police at the BBQ if the El Queda situation does occur.Your power is strictly limited to acting in a very minor role, as in giving assistance and directions and such to motorists who have been stopped by a real copper and/ or as instucted to you directly by a real cop.Even directing traffic on ride days, you cannot do so without direct supervision from a real cop.Your assurance that you and other Volunteer cops will be present means nothing as you have zero power.Ziltch.Ooohh dear i just had some people contact me with this theory >Is the reality of the police being on hand directly related with you alone KBB? Not a bad theory seeing as theres no other logical reasoning, or none that willing to be talked about openly at least. I have friends attending who may well be a bit naiive.I would like them to have the facts please.If athreat is directed at and only concerning you, maybe its better for all that you stayed away.

Intrigueing this is becoming.Why do you not reply to my post and state your reasons that you really feel the need to have security at a private BBQ.First you compared it to an open beach party and now you are saying/// In general it is in Thailand for any kind of roadside event (like weddings or funerals), to have Police attention.As i have previously eaten at Ricks and yes the BBQ is good, one thing that is very obvious is that it is indeed not a roadside event at all, and on the night i and many other people ate there, there was no security and no trouble at all.Again i ask you to inform the prospective attendees ///What do you know, that you will not disclose, that may endanger these attendees to the degree that you feel you need sucurity?You have a moral obligation to do so.Point two is this.You and others are apparently Volunteer Highway Police, so obviously no have absolutely no power to act as real police at the BBQ if the El Queda situation does occur.Your power is strictly limited to acting in a very minor role, as in giving assistance and directions and such to motorists who have been stopped by a real copper and/ or as instucted to you directly by a real cop.Even directing traffic on ride days, you cannot do so without direct supervision from a real cop.Your assurance that you and other Volunteer cops will be present means nothing as you have zero power.Ziltch.Ooohh dear i just had some people contact me with this theory >Is the reality of the police being on hand directly related with you alone KBB? Not a bad theory seeing as theres no other logical reasoning, or none that willing to be talked about openly at least. I have friends attending who may well be a bit naiive.I would like them to have the facts please.If athreat is directed at and only concerning you, maybe its better for all that you stayed away.

No, not intriging at all.

Somebody asks about security, why nobody knows, and people get their heads spinning after that.

There is no reason at all for security on an 'event' like this, the thought alone is ludicrous.

:coffee1: Give it up, pretend newbie. If you did have friends that were going ( we all know that's not the case) and they are concerned, then let them ask the questions.

I think the real question should be directed to the person who first asked for security. I believe they are the only person who required it, and since then TV are duty bound to provide it.

If that person hadn't mentioned it, I don't believe it ever would have been on the agenda.

Intriguing, you make it :)

and as you are not going to join us, why do you bother :rolleyes:

No threats whatsoever directed at me, and if there where I would handle them.

usually I do not bother to reply to Newbies posting from alternating IPs (Internettcafe?), especially when trying to create intrigues like this

As you have quoted from post #224, I suggest you go back and actually read it, as it was an answer to all questions (including yours) on Police attention. It explains who will attend to this event and who will not, and you are not in position to deny qualifying TV members who also happen to be Police (Thai or Foreign). As no teachers will be denyed (Thai or Foreign).

English is not my 1st or 2nd language, actually 4th, so roadside event may not be correct wording. Fact remains, when a roadside event takes place and perhaps occupy the sidewalk for another 15-20 seats and tables, and we double park the road, it is Thai culture to have Police attention.

Fact remains, when a roadside event takes place and perhaps occupy the sidewalk for another 15-20 seats and tables, and we double park the road, it is Thai culture to have Police attention.

Man this is going to be one hell of a get together. Maybe we should get proper ticketing in place, pre mailed out to members and possibly even get approval to close the road around RicknRoll. Hell, by the sounds of it there'll be enough police and security there, they can just take care of it for us. Thanks guys. We'll be inside having another beer

Fact remains, when a roadside event takes place and perhaps occupy the sidewalk for another 15-20 seats and tables, and we double park the road, it is Thai culture to have Police attention.

Man this is going to be one hell of a get together. Maybe we should get proper ticketing in place, pre mailed out to members and possibly even get approval to close the road around RicknRoll. Hell, by the sounds of it there'll be enough police and security there, they can just take care of it for us. Thanks guys. We'll be inside having another beer

Only to members that are felt good enough to attend rolleyes.gif

Police attention is possibly not correct wording again. But I have to notify local Police, since we want to reserve parking for those with walking problems, and probably double park as it is a very wide road. Nothing special. An ordinary roadside event :)

I don't think I 'qualify' as I haven't made the obligatory 20 posts. Guess what? I'll probably go anyway! Who will stop me?

u have made 29, but just in case the people that will stop you are - the police, the tourist police, the TV police, the I have more posts than you police etc etc etc.................................................jap.gif

I don't think I 'qualify' as I haven't made the obligatory 20 posts. Guess what? I'll probably go anyway! Who will stop me?

u have made 29, but just in case the people that will stop you are - the police, the tourist police, the TV police, the I have more posts than you police etc etc etc.................................................jap.gif

As a six year member with 29 posts you easily meet the criteria, Chainsaw.

I guess you've been hanging out elsewhere for most of that time. :rolleyes:

A few from other places are starting to pop in to stir things up, but our home grown dickheads are doing the job already.

Just making a point.

I was at Rick's place last night as part of the post Blues Festival party and a great time was had by all, good food, good music and a genial host.

To talk about having 'security' at RickNRolls is ludicrous. No doubt there will be other folks there who have never heard of TV. What will you do with them? Get 'security' to throw them out?

Get real people, just go and have a good time.

BTW I hear that there WILL be 'mind altering' drugs available - it's called beer!

yeah im going...where is rickandrolls sausage rolls exactly?? it should be a bit of a laugh, I'll bring my bird with me or otherwise she will think Im going to roxy ao go go or something...i was thinking of getting her some head gear? good move? just kiddin i think everyone will be more civil without the computer screen behind them jap.gif

Police attention is possibly not correct wording again. But I have to notify local Police, since we want to reserve parking for those with walking problems, and probably double park as it is a very wide road. Nothing special. An ordinary roadside event :)

Highly questionable if such measures are appropriate. More likely it will be like a bar owner celebrating his birthday: like an ordinary very busy evening at the bar. Or do you expect hundreds of people? Police might be pissed off when they come as requested, and then see that they came for nothing.

Anyways I am looking forward to reading how the event unfolded, and I will gladly participate if the next party takes place during the low season.

Edited by keestha

6-7 years members with 30 posts qualify indeed. have you signed up in the other sign up thread?

The point I'm trying to get across is:

What are you going to do about 'unqualified' people who turn up on the night?

I will probably go just to see how the 'qualified' members deal with them, should be interesting!