Thaivisa (Phuket) Get Together?

trigger571

I don't know if i'm right or wrong in my thinking, but even the most exclusive places in the world is once your a member, your a 100% memberhit-the-fan.gif

100% free memberships, and anonymous?

should qualify for free treats at a non commercial member event?

just after joining and without being active members?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am not bothered about going, but it's the double standards that are being applied that hack me off. jap.gif

Maybe if you had been to a previous TV meeting and seen how many people with only one, or, two posts showed up just to gobble up the free food, then disappear, you'd feel different.

No double standards. 20 posts - 3 month membership + one guest.

As I remember in the past, the same criteria was applied to attend. So, it is what it is...

what the criteria for attending the get together, it seems to be so many posts and a member for more then 3 months, have i got that right. to me thats like putting 20 million in the thai bank, but your only a valued customer, even though we need your contributions to survive after you've walked in the bank 20 times or 3 months has past. it seems to undermine the common decency of the nubbie forum members, once i join something i'm 100% committed, postings or time frames really have no relevance to my intentions or commitment. How do these regulations and procedures work with the partners of the forum members, they might never have even seen the forum, never posted or don't even know how long there partners have been a member on the forum. i would have thought if a nubbie is willing to pay for a BBQ that in it's self shows attention and commitment towards the forum.

Hear Hear aswel, it does seem to smell of discrimination, maybe the organisers could revue this pointpost-4641-1156693976.gif

Should it be renamed - "Discriminative TV party - please come as WE want" sorry.gif NOT intheclub.gif

And people think I'm being a party pooper for not wanting to go!

Imagine being stuck with people like this all night :o

They won't be there this time, but next time around they will.

Just in case, I think I'll give the next one a miss as well.

I personally am not bothered about going, but it's the double standards that are being applied that hack me off. jap.gif

Maybe if you had been to a previous TV meeting and seen how many people with only one, or, two posts showed up just to gobble up the free food, then disappear, you'd feel different.

No double standards. 20 posts - 3 month membership + one guest.

As I remember in the past, the same criteria was applied to attend. So, it is what it is...

As I posted before, the official one in Kata, people joined up just to get the free food and beer. Soon as it ran out, they left.

We are talking about people whos only post said "I'll come +1".

A lot of the regulars were not very happy.

As I posted before, the official one in Kata, people joined up just to get the free food and beer. Soon as it ran out, they left.

We are talking about people whos only post said "I'll come +1".

A lot of the regulars were not very happy.

I must have missed your post and the one in Kata. The last one I went to was at Friendship Beach several years ago and I remember the post requirement. We were asking how it would be enforced and they said there would be a computer to log into your account on to show. Of course that didn't happen, but that was what was said on the posts leading up to it...

what the criteria for attending the get together, it seems to be so many posts and a member for more then 3 months, have i got that right. to me thats like putting 20 million in the thai bank, but your only a valued customer, even though we need your contributions to survive after you've walked in the bank 20 times or 3 months has past. it seems to undermine the common decency of the nubbie forum members, once i join something i'm 100% committed, postings or time frames really have no relevance to my intentions or commitment. How do these regulations and procedures work with the partners of the forum members, they might never have even seen the forum, never posted or don't even know how long there partners have been a member on the forum. i would have thought if a nubbie is willing to pay for a BBQ that in it's self shows attention and commitment towards the forum.

Its the same as being the new kid in school and the cool kids wont let you sit at their table at lunch.

55555....its very funny and very very pathetic.

Its the same as being the new kid in school and the cool kids wont let you sit at their table at lunch.

I'm not a 16 year old girl on face book, so could some one please explain these 55555's I keep seeing!

I guess that feeling of being unpopular at school has never really left you mate. Kids can be so cruel :(.

Perhaps if you can just shake that feeling, of being the little boy on his first day, you wouldn't take it so personally.

I really don't understand why everyone's kicking up a fuss over this. It's to stop people from telling all their friends who join up as of now, and come along for a free feed. The idea is that people were here ad active on the forums BEFORE the get together was planned. It's not about saying you're too new you can't come, it's about nakin sure the people who are there deserve to be there and not the balloon chasers. What's the problem?

Edited by Madivad

I really don't understand why everyone's kicking up a fuss over this. It's to stop people from telling all their friends who join up as of now, and come along for a free feed. The idea is that people were here ad active on the forums BEFORE the get together was planned. It's not about saying you're too new you can't come, it's about nakin sure the people who are there deserve to be there and not the balloon chasers. What's the problem?

There is no free feed just a sponsor getting some profit

You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise Rick may just as well hang out a bunch of balloons & call it a birthday party. At IBAP if you are a member the entry fee is only half the price as non members pay. At GOMS everyone pays the same price but you have to qualify for voting rights.

Hi - you indicate

IBAP - all members are accepted

GOMS - all members are accepted - - what is GOMS please

TV - NOT all members are accepted

I am just pointing out that all groups have different criteria. You don't become a member of IBAP by registering for free on a website, you have to pay an annual membership fee.

GOMS is the Grumpy Old Men's Society & is an informal gathering where we have a lot of fun & raise money for charitable purposes which are proposed & voted upon by "qualified" members. You don't necessarily have to be old but you do need to be a man & be grumpy on occasion. The only women allowed at the meetings are the serving wenches.

Apparently there is free fingerfood and a free welcome drink.

I totally agree!

I'm not a 16 year old girl on face book, so could some one please explain these 55555's I keep seeing!

I guess that feeling of being unpopular at school has never really left you mate. Kids can be so cruel :(.

Perhaps if you can just shake that feeling, of being the little boy on his first day, you wouldn't take it so personally.

Since I made your list of people you wouldn't want to meet at the gig I won't let on but give a hint. "Ha, Ha, Ha"

I regret that I shall be unable to attend as I really did want to go. No, its not because I live in fear have having some of the forum's ladies attempt to ravish by bulging gut, I have a legit excuse as I'll be off island at the time and I don't get back from until a few days after the event.

It is rather depressing that the thread has taken a turn to cheap shots since some of the people that plan on going are respectable, kind intelligent folks. if people don't want to go, fine don't go, but don't make it into a kathoey drama moment. And as for the cheap shot about the venue, if someone doesn't like the venue, then next time come up with a better place and a operator that is just as thoughtful about running a decent place. There are lots of watering holes on Phuket, but how many can cater to a diverse group of people and offer something that satisfies most of the guests? I am just amazed that the organizers of the event aren't standing next to a concrete wall banging their heads muttering what have I done, what have I done. Some people are incredibly ungrateful snots.

Your joking!! :o You mean they payed money for advertising, and now as a result of that advertising, they're getting some work, which will lead to some profit :o

Wait till the business world hears about this, what a scandal!

Why not just make it TV members of any number of posts and even newbies, but no guests, that'll free up the numbers for the seating available and i'm sure the partners will only sit with a long face, on there phones wishing they where somewhere else. Oh i forgot many of yous can't function without the tethered lady, try it it's liberating. 1zgarz5.gif, PS i'm 3 away from the milestone of 20 posts, can my nerves take it

Edited by ukfriend

Why not just make it TV members of any number of posts and even newbies, but no guests, that'll free up the numbers for the seating available and i'm sure the partners will only sit with a long face, on there phones wishing they where somewhere else. Oh i forgot many of yous can't function without the tethered lady, try it it's liberating. 1zgarz5.gif, PS i'm 3 away from the milestone of 20 posts, can my nerves take it

So you just joined for the party eh. :lol:

I'm sure your nerves can take it if you read properly, especially the part where it says: 'member and 20 posts as of today' or something similar.

I must say that quite some people here are honouring the reputation of the Phuket forum of being a moaner's forum.

Or a bashers form :D

The truth of the matter is, if this forum was full of inteligent, interesting topics, then you are right, it would be a shame that it was being ruined by silly, chit chat, arguments, and one up-man-ship.

The fact is though, if you took all that out, you would be left with very very little, and we wouldn't all need to check in every day to read new posts. Let's face it, you both contribute to most threads as well, so don't make it sound as if you abstain from all the nonsence.

I guess the solution, if you wanted the forum to change, would be to start posting more interesting threads so the nonsence became the minority instead of the majority.

Over to you then!

You mean they payed money for advertising, and now as a result of that advertising, they're getting some work, which will lead to some profit :o

That is wat i said.

I didn't say it was bad. You are reading things that are not there.

I am well aware everybody with a bussines has to make money. :)

Let's face it, you both contribute to most threads as well

Just did a small count to satisfy my own curiosity.

Of the 23 subjects on the first screen on my monitor, not including the stickies, I have posted in 6 threads.

The truth of the matter is, if this forum was full of inteligent, interesting topics, then you are right, it would be a shame that it was being ruined by silly, chit chat, arguments, and one up-man-ship.

The fact is though, if you took all that out, you would be left with very very little, and we wouldn't all need to check in every day to read new posts. Let's face it, you both contribute to most threads as well, so don't make it sound as if you abstain from all the nonsence.

I guess the solution, if you wanted the forum to change, would be to start posting more interesting threads so the nonsence became the minority instead of the majority.

Over to you then!

See you at the TV get together Mr Anonymous, How many new topics have you posted.

When i first started posting and i am new on the Internet all people were doing was

bashing the visa laws on this forum which are not hard i think very easy compared to other countries.

I am quite happy to discuss any subject with you face to face and will apologize if i am wrong :jap:

Let's face it, you both contribute to most threads as well

Just did a small count to satisfy my own curiosity.

Of the 23 subjects on the first screen on my monitor, not including the stickies, I have posted in 6 threads.

And I've only posted in 8, and I'm supposedly one of the gob shites.

The point was, you can't really critisize certain posters style, for being too argumentative, when the forum as awhole offers nothing better.

Like I said, you log in all day every day, I'm guessing from your office desk? (which dive shop is it anyway, always wanted to know for when I eventually get around to doing some diving) But if the so called undesirables were removed from this forum, there would be several days of the week where there wasn't a single new post, and it wouldn't be long before you stopped checking in.

The only answer I see, is for the people that feel inclined, to start making the forum more interesting and inteligent so the other stuff would become just a side note and then maybe disappear altogether.