Thaivisa (Phuket) Get Together?

trigger571

I'm considering going, provided it's not held at The Hilton or The Sheraton Hotel (I can afford it - just don't like the atmosphere). However, for me, it would change what the whole anonymous internet forum is about. I have no doubt I would probably get on well with some members who I have fiercely disagreed with on various threads. That said, I may not get on well with members who I have often agreed with.

Whilst I have never straight out abused anyone on TV, I have been strongly opinionated at times which I am sure has caused some annoyance to some members.

I would have no problem stating anything I have posted to any member's face, in person, but a lot of the freedom to post comes from it being anonymous.

There have been many studies about this issue and they have found that people are "themselves" over the anonymous internet, and conform to what is "expected" in the work place and with friends and family.

Does anyone know what I am on about????

yes

we have had our disagreements, but I would still like to get to know you :)

and for those few (of the total number of TV members) coming to this event, you will not be anonymous any more, but for the rest you will and can continue to be yourself.

thats how I see it :)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering going, provided it's not held at The Hilton or The Sheraton Hotel (I can afford it - just don't like the atmosphere). However, for me, it would change what the whole anonymous internet forum is about. I have no doubt I would probably get on well with some members who I have fiercely disagreed with on various threads. That said, I may not get on well with members who I have often agreed with.

Whilst I have never straight out abused anyone on TV, I have been strongly opinionated at times which I am sure has caused some annoyance to some members.

I would have no problem stating anything I have posted to any member's face, in person, but a lot of the freedom to post comes from it being anonymous.

There have been many studies about this issue and they have found that people are "themselves" over the anonymous internet, and conform to what is "expected" in the work place and with friends and family.

yes

and for those few (of the total number of TV members) coming to this event, you will not be anonymous any more, but for the rest you will and can continue to be yourself.

I'd still voice my opinion to any mamber, either face to face, or anonymously over the internet, however, others may not be the same. I would hate to think that by meeting me, you would post differently on a subject that I have commented on.

Do you think after we all met each other, it would effect the replies we would post to each other???? I would hope not, but I think it would.

yes

I'd still voice my opinion to any mamber, either face to face, or anonymously over the internet, however, others may not be the same. I would hate to think that by meeting me, you would post differently on a subject that I have commented on.

Do you think after we all met each other, it would effect the replies we would post to each other???? I would hope not, but I think it would.

No way, The people who stalk the forum waiting for someone to pick on will not turn up.

People who have there own opinion will .

No way, The people who stalk the forum waiting for someone to pick on will not turn up.

People who have there own opinion will .

I'll have to go along with your comment Peter. I enjoyed meeting the people that showed up for our informal lunches. I went to the last TV sponsored event at Friendship Beach and met a few people, including George. What's the harm in meeting someone? People are people... Nothing ventured, nothing gained and what do you have to lose? What are people afraid of? As I said earlier on in this thread, I'll stop by if I'm at home. I do have plans to visit the in laws for a couple of weeks later in March though... Hope to see you all there.

From what i have heard on the grapevine there may be a TV get together next month.

I could be wrong of coarse, they will not be hanging bunches of balloons out the front

to attract all the freeloaders, it will be for members who confirm they will be attending.

If there would be a piss-up in March it would have been announced already from the mods...

Gerd

From what i have heard on the grapevine there may be a TV get together next month.

I could be wrong of coarse, they will not be hanging bunches of balloons out the front

to attract all the freeloaders, it will be for members who confirm they will be attending.

If there would be a piss-up in March it would have been announced already from the mods...

Gerd

I said i could be wrong, but they could be arranging the date and the venue now

Personally i will not be attending to get pissed if it happens but to meet other

people like i met you at a previous function, nothing wrong with getting pissed as

long as i do not have to drive afterwards

The Date is totally up to the majority.

Rick N' Roll has a few events on...Monday the 28th of Feb we have a Rhythm and Blues After Party at Rick N' Roll with a free beer to whoever brings their wrist band from the Phuket Blues Festival... and then on the 5th of March... my personal Birthday Bash and after that Rick N' Roll is available for just about any crazy function!

RickNRoll_ALLYOUCANEAT.jpg

Edited by ricknroll

Friday 11th March at RicknRoll in Kata at 7 PM. 350baht all u can eat BBQ including one Leo Beer, but I leave to Ricky to reveal the details of food and drinks

ThaiVisa members with partner, 3 months/20 posts membership as of today required.

I will make a separate thread, to sign up those wanting to meet :)

This thread continues for those interested to meet, wanting to discuss pros and cons of meeting. On topic please :jap:

Friday 11th March at RicknRoll in Kata at 7 PM. 350baht all u can eat BBQ including one Leo Beer, but I leave to Ricky to reveal the details of food and drinks

ThaiVisa members with partner, 3 months/20 posts membership as of today required.

This thread continues for those interested to meet, wanting to discuss pros and cons of meeting. On topic please :jap:

Rick is a good business man and knows how to promote his business.

What is TV going to supply or do as it promotes there business to

Telling people how long they have to be a member is not good enough :jap:

:cheesy: Do you want a moderator to come and hold you ribs close to your mouth for you, that way you can eat them without getting your hands dirty.

Just turn up and enjoy yourself, and stop worrying about what's you can grab for free!

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered I'm not allowed to post in this thread. Delete away.

Edited by BangTaoBoy

Is that 3 months or 20 posts required, or 3 months and 20 posts?

You would have to have a PC there on the night for people to log on to prove their IDs. This may jeopardize the proposed anonymity of TV niks.

Edited by Old Croc

:cheesy: Do you want a moderator to come and hold you ribs close to your mouth for you, that way you can eat them without getting your hands dirty.

Just turn up and enjoy yourself, and stop worrying about what's you can grab for free!

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered I'm not allowed to post in this thread. Delete away.

I do not want anything for free.

I would not mind meeting you though, but of coarse you are not going.:whistling:

Is that 3 months or 20 posts required, or 3 months and 20 posts?

You would have to have a PC there on the night for people to log on to prove their IDs. This may jeopardize the proposed anonymity of TV niks.

More than 3 months membership and more than 20 posts, but if a 1 year member with 18 posts signs up in the other sign up thread, it can probably be accepted :)

as for ID, why do you think I dont know who all of you are :rolleyes::whistling:

just kidding. its a meeting/get together for TV members, if anyone wants to be a wannabe for the night, let them try :lol: :lol:

and if anyone wants to take a shot at me as a mod, I will be tall, blond ponytale and blue eyed, with one leg only :D

regarding TVs contribution, we are still working on it. At this point it is an informal all you can eat BBQ evening at 350 baht, which is RicknRoll ordinary BBQ price.

Good idea. If I remember rightly, at the last one in Kata, people were signing up to TV just to go and drink and eat for free.

I know a lot of the regular members were not happy as everything ran out early due to these cyber balloon-chasers.

Edited by KarenBravo

5555.... Wow, so one has to have been a member for 3 months or have 20 posts!

So someone who just joined but has been living in Phuket and reader of Thai Visa for 5 years can not go?

I guess my 350+ Baht is not welcomed.

I am sure Rick is happy that your turning away business for him.

Edited by Milanman

5555.... Wow, so one has to have been a member for 3 months or have 20 posts!

So someone who just joined but has been living in Phuket and reader of Thai Visa for 5 years can not go?

I guess my 350+ Baht is not welcomed.

I am sure Rick is happy that your turning away business for him.

No, it's 3 months and 20 posts.

How could you possibly have a problem with that. They would have to trust every member that said he had been reading for 5 years, and then it wouldn't be a TV get together at all would it, it would be a 'anybody who has read this thread' get together.

As for the owner of 'RickNRoll', he has been a sponser for 5 minutes, and has already had a huge amount of publicity and a huge get together at his place organised. I'll bet you a tenner he's quite happy with his relationship with TV right now.

If you're that concerned about his business, you could always pop in on any other night.

Really sorry not to be able to come, no way I can go to Phuket overnight during the high season, due to having a seasonal business in Khao Lak.

Oh well, wouldn't have been the big star of the party anyway I guess. To those who are going, have fun, and I am looking forward to reading the comments afterwards.

Will try to attend,but i don't arrive till that afternoon in Phuket.

I am staying at Solution Bar,so just up the road,think Jon has pool comps in there on a Friday,so will try and get to the TV party at some point.

Cheers,

PST.

This makes the newer members feel most welcome :shock1:

Is it just me, or is it unbelievably childish, that people don't get the need to have such a limit.

The get together is for people who have been chatting for a long time on here, sometimes several years, to get to know each other personally. If you allow people who joined

last month to go, you may as well invite non TV members as well. Which totally defeats the object.

Why don't you start a thread, asking anyone who doesn't qualify for that do, but would have wanted to go, if they want to organise another one.

Then, next year, other people will be moaning that they can't go, and you, who will be going, can tell them to organise their own do. Cycle of life.

This makes the newer members feel most welcome :shock1:

Is it just me, or is it unbelievably childish, that people don't get the need to have such a limit.

The get together is for people who have been chatting for a long time on here, sometimes several years, to get to know each other personally. If you allow people who joined

last month to go, you may as well invite non TV members as well. Which totally defeats the object.

Why don't you start a thread, asking anyone who doesn't qualify for that do, but would have wanted to go, if they want to organise another one.

Then, next year, other people will be moaning that they can't go, and you, who will be going, can tell them to organise their own do. Cycle of life.

It must just be you laugh.gif

Why do you not have a TV party for "only the members you want to invite" -

As someone has pointed out , the host has less than 20 posts

If you are a member then you are a member

Now you know why I gave up trying to organize such things in Bangkok.

Suggestion; Just someone come and say

Next Saturday, a bunch of us will be meeting at xyz bar for drinks - all are welcome to drop by and introduce yourselves.

No voting where and when etc. No conditions.

It must just be you laugh.gif

Why do you not have a TV party for "only the members you want to invite" -

As someone has pointed out , the host has less than 20 posts

If you are a member then you are a member

Hand over the money, that the host paid for his business to be sponsored, then I'm sure TV will send you an invite. ;)

That's exactly why I wouldn't bother going. For every one person that I would enjoy meeting, their would be 10 as silly as you.