Thaksin To Write Book On Solutions To Thai Economic Woes

webfact

Thaksin writing a book on economy

The Nation

med_gallery_327_1086_13097.jpg

A book being written by exprime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will offer insights on tackling Thailand's economic woes, his legal adviser Noppadon Patama said yesterday.

"Thaksin is currently in Dubai and I understand he is writing a book,"

Noppadon said, adding that the tome would be released at an "appropriate" time.

Noppadon said the fugitive former PM also welcomed the release of seven redshirt leaders who are awaiting trial on charges related to last year's riots, he said.

"Thaksin sees this as the right direction towards reconciliation, though he is still concerned about other red shirts in prison," he said.

As for Thaksin's dual nationality, Noppadon said that since his client's Thai passport had been cancelled, he needed to obtain another citizenship so he could travel and take care of his businesses.

At yesterday's performance debate, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva challenged Thaksin to renounce his Thai citizenship.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-25

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet my bottom dollar at some point in the book he'll reference himself, the messiah himself returning, and all economic woes will vanish as if touched by the hand of god as his plane descends from the heaven flanked on either sides by angels and cherubs.

In all seriousness they style of the book should be interesting as his 'target audience' will be the poor, who unfortunately don't have the time and some the skills to understand national macro economic policy, so it will be interesting to see how he pitches it.

What economic woes?

The ones he no longer gets a cut of.

Agreed, The thai economy is doing well, as just one measure, taxation receipts are massively above forcasted numbers, and and Thailand is starting again to attract investment, and please remember Thailand didn't suffer as badly as many countries did in the recent economic crises all due to Khun Korn.

Perhaps taksins book is :

Chapter 1 - Vote buying

Chapter 2 - Advanced vote buying, etc

What economic woes?

Agreed, The thai economy is doing well, as just one measure, taxation receipts are massively above forcasted numbers, and and Thailand is starting again to attract investment, and please remember Thailand didn't suffer as badly as many countries did in the recent economic crises all due to Khun Korn.

Chapter 1 - Vote buying

Thailand's banks avoiding investing in toxic debt and lending has little or nothing to do with Korn. I sometimes think they would have trouble lending to their own major shareholders and rely on charging transferring cash up country, or 300 baht for a paper statement to make profit. But if that avoids 1997 all over again, I guess it is a fair trade off

What economic woes?

Chapter 1 - Vote buying

Well, I hope the taxation numbers are up, I apparently has more than doubled my monthly loss to theft tax payment.

But this book would however be interesting as it would perhaps finally outline what his economical policy is.

And there in lies the risk for himself in writing it.

(I don't think monopoly positions, exclusive backroom deals and tax-law trickery will be any bullet points the people can take advantage off or a new government use for the better of the nation...)

What economic woes?

Chapter 1 - Vote buying

Not sure if chapter one will be Vote buying. It might be the golden age with Thaksins divine guidance.:cheesy:

What economic woes?

Chapter 1 - Vote buying

Well, I hope the taxation numbers are up, I apparently has more than doubled my monthly loss to theft tax payment.

But this book would however be interesting as it would perhaps finally outline what his economical policy is.

And there in lies the risk for himself in writing it.

(I don't think monopoly positions, exclusive backroom deals and tax-law trickery will be any bullet points the people can take advantage off or a new government use for the better of the nation...)

I thought you were talking about the game of Monopoly. Now there is a book he could write himself. (I think) don't want to put to much on his shoulders.

Off Topic :offtopic: But dows any one know if the just released seven red shirts are back on the payroll or were they ever off it.:sorry:I just had to ask.

First we had the Grimm brothers, then we had Hans Christian Anderson, then Enid Blyton, now Thaksin?  

I wonder if Korn is rubbing his hands at the prospect of publicly shooting down this self deluding ex-dictator by rubbishing this tome?  

I didn't know he could string two words together let alone write a book.

I wonder who is doing it for him?

Perhaps his hamster ? :whistling:

"Woger, Thaiwiza waff at me. What you do?"

"I shall immediately quote, for my interim-fees, for drafting a response to their laughter !" :rolleyes:

But to be more-serious, I can only eagerly await this book, which will clearly be a mature & significant addition, to the published-literature of global economic-theory. Or perhaps not. :o

Edited by Ricardo

More brainwashing on Thaksin's part to contradict the 'Sufficiency Economy'...

someone please clip this fool.

The "sufficiency economy" has been quietly dropped if you hadn't noticed.

My point relates to Thailand's "economic woes".Again if anybody hadn't noticed the economy is in extremely good shape.

....or it may have been the 'sufficiency economy' that got thailand out of the mess :jap:

anyhow, Thaksin always likes to pop his head out when things look bright, when things are down he's nowhere to be seen.

Edited by KRS1

Ghost writer :

is the 1st thought that popped into my head on hearing this.

Thaksinomics II :

or

How I can save your lives from the evil ones and give you democracy through economic freedom from the HiSo cliques of running dog lackies of the neo-imperialist war mongers and money lenders of the temple.

I am sure more than a few hampster acolytes will be on their treadmills late into the nights compiling the best physiological take on how to convince 'working class Thais' that only one person can improve their lot in life. Thaksin might actually write the foreword, but that will be edited tightly too.

Just another example of 'Perception Marketing',

what the masses believe need not be the truth.

But you need them to believe, here's the bill,

payable now, if please.

Social Identity Theory explains how prejudicial attitudes can develop. When a person classifies themselves as part of a group, that is referred to as an in-group. Any individuals a person considers as not fitting into their own group is categorized as an out-group member.

Prejudice can result from identification with an in-group, and negative attitudes towards the out-group. Prejudice is a negative feeling towards a certain individual based on their perceived group membership.

People can place themselves within various groups based on age, race, socioeconomic status, or other variables, and these categories help a person to define their environment.

Edited by animatic

I am sure more than a few hampster acolytes will be on their treadmills late into the nights compiling the best physiological take on how to convince 'working class Thais' that only one person can improve their lot in life.

Some might say judging from the hysterical output from Government propaganda sources that has been the case for some time.