Lamb (Not Imported)

luther

The Islamic butcher on Charoen Prathet Road near to the bridge by the Holiday Inn. Going towards the bridge the butcher is on your left.

He rears sheep here in CM but does not always have it in stock in the shop. He can always get lamb with 24 hours notice. The owner is a very nice guy and speaks good English.

A friend told me (hear say) that the AG college at the University raise sheep and you can get lamb from them. He even mentioned that they butcher on site. Maybe someone else has the details as I am not a fan of lamb, so did not get the details.

The Islamic butcher on Charoen Prathet Road near to the bridge by the Holiday Inn. Going towards the bridge the butcher is on your left.

He rears sheep here in CM but does not always have it in stock in the shop. He can always get lamb with 24 hours notice. The owner is a very nice guy and speaks good English.

MB... I know you are correct..... but I must have a warped mind...... "Rears Sheep"

:D

The Indian food labelled 'mutton' that I've had here in Thailand tends to taste more like goat than lamb to me. Maybe I've been unlucky, or the sheep are just on a different type of diet?

Yes I have the same suspicion also. I've never seen any Sheep in Thailand except a truck load in the Bangkok Sukhumvit Arab area.

Plenty of goat meat is imported from Burma though.

The Indian food labelled 'mutton' that I've had here in Thailand tends to taste more like goat than lamb to me. Maybe I've been unlucky, or the sheep are just on a different type of diet?

Yes I have the same suspicion also. I've never seen any Sheep in Thailand except a truck load in the Bangkok Sukhumvit Arab area.

Plenty of goat meat is imported from Burma though.

In Indian/Pakistani cuisine, mutton really means "meat", which is usually goat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat_meat

Plenty of other links too if you google variations of Indian, mutton, goat, lamb.

thanks for the tip on the Halal butcher.