Yamaha R6S Buy Or Not?

Hi guys!

want to buy a Yamaha R6S almost new (2008) from the U.S. (3.xxx miles on the clock).

Have Greenbook and registration plate.

I have two questions

1. The normal price is 280.000 THB ?

2. Maintenance, parts are not a problem in Thailand?

Thanks guys, I'm waiting!

280k Baht is a good price for a 2008 R6 with book.

But the R6S is a lower spec bike. I'm a bit surprised anyone would go through the time and effort to import a R6S to Thailand- check the greenbook over carefully, sounds a bit fishy to me...

The R6S is the older R6 generation that Yamaha hadn't phased out yet. It has an older engine and other technical differences such as non inverted forks, lower compression ratio (12.4:1 vs.13.1:1) and smaller front discs (298 R6S vs. 310 on the R6).

As you probably know, it's an import, so parts can be a pain as Yamaha Thailand has very little stock on hand so you will often have to order from overseas. I don't think the R6S was ever sold in Thailand so again, expect to order parts from overseas.

Access to qualified mechanics depends a lot on where you live.

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Thanks Tony! I stay in Pattaya now. Motorcycles sells my friend and I have no doubt about the documents.

What do you think if I drive 2-6 months and selling it, I can sell for this money?

Well mate, as Kawasaki has proven with their poor selling restricted ZX10R, the vast majority of sport bike buyers in Thailand will pay more for a FULL POWER bike and are not terribly interested in a cheaper lower spec version... I would NOT expect you to make a profit if/when you decide to sell is 2-6 months down the road. That's just my two satang. :jap:

Ride On!

Tony