Solar Heating

PoolDoctor

We are pleased to announce that we now have solar heating systems for swimming pools. My own pool gets bloody cool in the winter, and I will be installing this on my own house also. After the installation cost, it is completely free for energy costs. Compared to heat pumps, the costs to install are approximately 40% of the cost of a heat pump (which also uses electricity). Depending upon your pool setup, your solar set up may or may not require an additional booster pump.

It is interesting to note also that the system is reversible - meaning, we can heat in the winter, and then cool in the summer. Strangely enough in Thailand, we do get folks who complain their pool is too warm! Not a problem, our system can also cool the pool.

Gil

Went to your website and can't find any information about your solar heater. :angry: I am interested and just happen to be building a swimming pool right now, good time to do the installation.

On our site, there is a "Tech Forum" and in that forum, there is a topic "Solar heating" with lots of information.

Best,

Gil

Went to your website and can't find any information about your solar heater. :angry: I am interested and just happen to be building a swimming pool right now, good time to do the installation.

On our site, there is a "Tech Forum" and in that forum, there is a topic "Solar heating" with lots of information. Will attach document here also.

Best,

Gil

Solar heating.pdf

Edited by PoolDoctor

On our site, there is a "Tech Forum" and in that forum, there is a topic "Solar heating" with lots of information. Will attach document here also.

Best,

Gil

OK, I have tried to download both the PDF that was on my IM and here on this topic. Both are corrupted.

We are pleased to announce that we now have solar heating systems for swimming pools. My own pool gets bloody cool in the winter, and I will be installing this on my own house also. After the installation cost, it is completely free for energy costs.

i am very interested as i am presently heating my [indoor]pool with a 36,000 btu/h aircon unit which at the same time cools down my pool area. unfortunately the capacity is not enough to heat the pool during consecutive cool nights. another problem is that the pool area gets too cold for our liking.

having installed similar solar panels in three homes in Florida i am quite familiar with the details. my question however is how did you solve attaching the panels to a roof with concrete tiles. in Florida it was a piece of cake drilling through shingles and plywood and use silicone in the screw holes.

another question is "do your published prices include installation cost?" if not, how much approximately to attach the panels for "7 HC-50" (which in my case would be already overkill as i will still use the aircon unit for a comfortable air temperature).

that the required piping cannot be quoted unless a site survey is done goes without saying.

please contact me, i have sent you a PM with my phone number.

this was my last setup of 16 solar panels= ~90m² which enabled us to swim even when we had freezing temperatures at night. a trial run on july 4, 1993 yielded a pool temperature of 51ºC (54m3 volume).

post-35218-0-77533500-1299971437_thumb.j

Yes, those prices include installation in BKK or Pattaya. If up country, we will need to review first though. PM me if interested, or see our site - we list emails and phone numbers there. <BR><BR>Thank you, <BR><BR>Gil

thanks for the prompt reply. as far as "Heliocol" is concerned, i used their panels on three homes. never had any problems. please have whoever is in charge of Pattaya contact me for a site survey and discuss installation. i submitted my phone number via personal message.

• 3 months later...

An alternative would be to use a Zodiac pool heater,easy to fit ,claimed cheap to run,uses the ambient air temprature described as "reverse air con" there is one for all pool sizes up to olympic (hmm a tad bit bigger than mine !)..

...For more info their details can be found on pwpoolthailand.com under poolspa.