Furniture Outlets In Lamphun

ollylama

There's a lot of info on Thaivisa suggesting that there are a lot of good furniture outlets in Lamphun. Only they don't indicate where exactly. It sounds like there's a special area of town full of furniture outlets. I'm shopping for a big couch. Can anyone point me to the right part of town? I've never been there before. Thanks.

Drive up the main road from Chiang Mai

Past the first turn off to LP

Past the second turn off to LP (wat on hill on right)

Turn left at the petrol station (on the left) ...... abut 30 shops all along that road

The outlets are well away from LP, LP is on the right of the highway, furniture outlets are on the left of the highway past LP.

Edited by pjclark1

To augment pjclarks directions. The left turn is the one just before the only flyover on the Chiang Mai-Lampang road. then go straight for about 4 Km's. there is a blue sign pointing right to 3 destinations all in Thai. Take that turn and after that you will come upon quite a few furniture shops. as you continue down the road there is a left turn and the bulk of the shops are strung out over a 3 or 4 KM stretch of this road.

Most of it is low quality stuff! If you want nice things, then Ban Tawai is better...

David

I agree with DO. But if you want some medium of the road price wise and great looking wooden furniture give Den Chai on Highway 11 about 2.5 hours south of Chiang Mai. There are approximately 40 shops that sell everything you can thank of at very good price and yes they do deliver to Chiang Mai at a reasonable price.