Pattaya At Songkran

Deserted

iTS A GREAT FESTIVAL, GO AND ENJOY IT AND DONT LISTEN TO THE MISERABLE SODS ON HERE..

no need to shout its not polite, if you like urine and acid blasted in to your eyes its a great festival, in thai villages it great where i live its great, in Pattaya its a pain, the great festival costs 300+ lives a year, 10s of thousands of serious injuries. the OP wants to attend an event in his clothes dry and appearance looking good what part of your great festival fits into that criteria, it would be great if it were not for the drunken farangs going over the top. dont know where your from but a week of constant drenching and eye infections would be banned, a bit of water washed on the face is what its about, and a little bit of talc.

the guy is here to play chess why would he want to get involved but like it or not he has to.

i bet most of the farangs blinding people do not have the brains to know about the game let alone play it.

Edited by NALAK

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Songkran in Pattaya would be splendid if it were only 2 or 3 days, instead of 9 days, of throwing gutter spunk, urine, HIV juice, and fetid mixtures of all three(sometime water is included just for a laugh!). Endless drunk and stoned teenage Thais roving in murderous packs through streets so crowded it it would take a helicopter airlift to remove your lifeless torso, topless ladyboys, topless farangs, vomiting inducing Thai music, bleeding ear drum volume levels of Thai music, traditional acids and powders thrown directly into your eyes, and more amazing Thai music constantly thumping directly into the inner most sanctums of ones cranium at decibels modern scientist could only dream of a decade ago.

But all in all a wonderfull time, did I mention the Thai music?

"Before you start rubbishing people's comments how about riding around Pattaya during Songkran week late a night. Don't wear a poncho, that way you won't forget. I don't know about Jomtien."

Sir, you miss-read my post. How about re-reading it and this time noticing the part that clearly states it is about Jomtien:

"We've lived in Jomtien for 5+ years, and I have rarely, if ever, seen anyone operating late into the night during Songkran around here."

So, who's rubbishing who...mate?

I suggest you do some re-reading.

My statement about wearing ponchos to keep dry relates to Pattaya Central. (this thread is a "Pattaya at Songkran" thread.

You said my statement was wrong because you haven't had a problem in Jomtien in 5+ years.

Your logic is becoming more absurd every post you make ... mate.

, it would be great if it were not for the drunken farangs going over the top......

i bet most of the farangs blinding people do not have the brains to know about the game let alone play it.

I disagree. Farang are only a small part of the problem and only in the Beach Road, 2nd Road area. Most of my late night "wet adventures" happened away from the tourists.

iTS A GREAT FESTIVAL, GO AND ENJOY IT AND DONT LISTEN TO THE MISERABLE SODS ON HERE..

I have no objection to you enjoying yourself if you wish. What I object to is being included in your enjoyment when I do not wish.

And that really is the problem. People who want to remain dry get soaked whether they like it or not.

I have no objection to you enjoying yourself if you wish. What I object to is being included in your enjoyment when I do not wish.

And that really is the problem. People who want to remain dry get soaked whether they like it or not.

In actual fact, people who don't want to be wet are more likely to be targets because the revellers get more satisfaction soaking the ones who object. They are looking for those rare dry targets.

In actual fact, people who don't want to be wet are more likely to be targets because the revellers get more satisfaction soaking the ones who object. They are looking for those rare dry targets.

Which perhaps shows the mentality of those who want to "enjoy it".

"Before you start rubbishing people's comments how about riding around Pattaya during Songkran week late a night. Don't wear a poncho, that way you won't forget. I don't know about Jomtien."

Sir, you miss-read my post. How about re-reading it and this time noticing the part that clearly states it is about Jomtien:

"We've lived in Jomtien for 5+ years, and I have rarely, if ever, seen anyone operating late into the night during Songkran around here."

So, who's rubbishing who...mate?

I suggest you do some re-reading.

My statement about wearing ponchos to keep dry relates to Pattaya Central. (this thread is a "Pattaya at Songkran" thread.

You said my statement was wrong because you haven't had a problem in Jomtien in 5+ years.

Your logic is becoming more absurd every post you make ... mate.

Think 7,000+ posts make you right all the time...? Nah. Apparently, it only makes you blind to the (very strong) possibly that you might be the absurd one. But, never mind and carry on, boorish... "mate." Who you gonna rag on (oh, I mean rubbish on) next? Good fun for you? Then enjoy Dude, but leave me out in the future, will 'ya? To me, you're style makes no (friends or) sense. Happy Songkran; have a joyous holiday... anyway.

:wai:

Think 7,000+ posts make you right all the time...? Nah. Apparently, it only makes you blind to the (very strong) possibly that you might be the absurd one. But, never mind and carry on, boorish... "mate." Who you gonna rag on (oh, I mean rubbish on) next? Good fun for you? Then enjoy Dude, but leave me out in the future, will 'ya? To me, you're style makes no (friends or) sense. Happy Songkran; have a joyous holiday... anyway.

No, you were clearly being absurd and it had nothing to do with my post count.

A reminder: You thought I was wrong about my experiences in Pattaya because of what you experienced in Jomtien.

What do you call that? Intelligent reasoning?

Edited by tropo

A reminder: You thought I was wrong about my experiences in Pattaya because of what you experienced in Jomtien.

What you said about Songkran was wrong... for Jomtien; and that's what I said. The rest of this absurdity is rooted be in your imagination. That's my reasoning, krap, ok? Let it go, will 'ya? This back & forth with you has gotten mightily boring. Happy New Year, anyway.

]

Maybe people will get the message not to mess with the Russkies? So that begs the question, how to pass as Russian for Songkran?

I remember when I visited St Petersburg in the early 90's and walking round the snow swept streets I got a lot of stares and unwanted attention.

Solution: adopt a miserable expression, look down at your feet all the time and don't show an interest in anything (except maybe street stalls selling beer or vodka).

It worked in StP, not sure about Pattaya though.

What you said about Songkran was wrong... for Jomtien; and that's what I said. The rest of this absurdity is rooted be in your imagination. That's my reasoning, krap, ok? Let it go, will 'ya? This back & forth with you has gotten mightily boring. Happy New Year, anyway.

Why would you reply with nonsense, then complain that "back & forth" with me is boring. I suggest you give up replying and we're done. The question is - can you do that?

You said that what I said about Pattaya was wrong and used your experience in Jomtien as the reason why you thought I was wrong. This was clearly absurd. Had you said that your experience in Jomtien was different, then it would have made sense and I would have agreed as Jomtien is definitely a lot more tame during Songkran than Pattaya.

Back to topic.

For anyone riding around Pattaya during Songkran week (or 10 days) don't expect to stay dry even at night. Wear protection or bring dry clothes.

Can someone say with precision what the exact "danger days" will be for Watery Hell Songkran Pattaya 2011? I don't mean the peak days but the entire span of it which I agree is definitely over a week.

Edited by Jingthing

Can someone say with precision what the exact "danger days" will be for Watery Hell Songkran Pattaya 2011? I don't mean the peak days but the entire span of it which I agree is definitely over a week.

We may be lucky this year because 19th is on a Saturday. If 19th was on Tuesday or Wednesday we could probably expect a double hit - weekend first, then Songkran.

We may be lucky this year because 19th is on a Saturday. If 19th was on Tuesday or Wednesday we could probably expect a double hit - weekend first, then Songkran.

Sorry to disappoint but I think you've got your calendar upside down, the 19th is a Tuesday, so I suspect your gloomy prediction for what might have been may well become reality!

Sorry to disappoint but I think you've got your calendar upside down, the 19th is a Tuesday, so I suspect your gloomy prediction for what might have been may well become reality!

Yeah, I was looking at the March calendar. So now we can expect a full weekend hit and a further 2 days after that, 18th for Naklua and 19th for Pattaya. It's going to be really intense. A long weekend of "watery hell".

/snip/ if you like urine and acid blasted in to your eyes its a great festival,

Ridiculous urban myth, show me the evidence. Where exactly do you buy 'acid' in Pattaya???

/snip/ it would be great if it were not for the drunken farangs going over the top. dont know where your from but a week of constant drenching and eye infections would be banned, a bit of water washed on the face is what its about, and a little bit of talc.

More Thais than farangs going for the eyes, and motorbikes

/snip/ i bet most of the farangs blinding people do not have the brains to know about the game let alone play it.

Finally something we can agree on :)

13th, 14th, 15th is the official national holiday.

Pattaya therefore will start on Saturday 9th, officially finishing Tuesday 19th, but will probably drag on to the following weekend - ie. approx 2 weeks.

Enjoy...............:lol:

13th, 14th, 15th is the official national holiday.

Pattaya therefore will start on Saturday 9th, officially finishing Tuesday 19th, but will probably drag on to the following weekend - ie. approx 2 weeks.

Enjoy...............:lol:

It will not "drag on to the following weekend"

19th is the finish and I have NEVER seen water throwing anywhere after this date.

Why would you reply with nonsense, then complain that "back & forth" with me is boring. I suggest you give up replying and we're done. The question is - can you do that?

You said that what I said about Pattaya was wrong and used your experience in Jomtien as the reason why you thought I was wrong. This was clearly absurd. Had you said that your experience in Jomtien was different, then it would have made sense and I would have agreed as Jomtien is definitely a lot more tame during Songkran than Pattaya.

Back to topic.

For anyone riding around Pattaya during Songkran week (or 10 days) don't expect to stay dry even at night. Wear protection or bring dry clothes.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo boring (yawn)... "This was clearly absurd."

B)

OK, so can you please state the precise start and stop dates including the Jomtien peak day?

You've been here a longwhile. Your guess would be as good as anyone elses. My guess is it will start on Monday 11th April and stop after sunset on 19th April.

OK, so can you please state the precise start and stop dates including the Jomtien peak day?

You've been here a longwhile. Your guess would be as good as anyone elses. My guess is it will start on Monday 11th April and stop after sunset on 19th April.

That would be as i see it too. 11th to 19th.

the last few yrs i lived there i wouldnt go out until after 7pm. There WAS a rule no water after 6 but of course i got splashed in my clean dry clothes going to dinner by some assclown tourist.

then there was the year i returned "early" as pattaya celebrates for 10 F ing days. got off songtaew early cause traffic. some bonehead HAD to drench me. i implored him - had a camera and slide film.

anyone that is even in pattaya during this time is a total loser.

pattaya is SO 20th century

anyone that is even in pattaya during this time is a total loser.

LOL. It depends on your point of view. I could easily say you're a pussy for running away at Songkran. Once you've mastered the basic precautions, it's not that difficult to get through.

Anyway, I'm staying. If that makes me a "total loser", so be it.