Male Foreigners Over 50 Outlawed From Marrying Cambodian Women

george

There is no difference with other undemocratic regimes here. Ask a ethnic Burmese girl if she can marry, the answer is simply no.

It has very little to do with sham marriages but everything with an interference in the social lives of people. Luckily it does not stand up in any international court and third countries will still have to provide certificates. luckily there are lots of countries that provide more than marriage certificates and dicatators like Hun Sen will not stay in power forever., even the kings of Bahrain and Saudi realize that by now.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old and in Thailand doesn't always mean dirty old man, there are very many dirty young men out there as well, so if we are talking dirty farang,let's come to one level and say " dirty Farang":whistling:

Older foreigners give Issan more financial assistance then any NGO or UN

Here is what you should say:

Dirty old Farangs contribute substantial financial aid to ISAN families Than any NGOs or the UN. Haha.... Dude... That's amused.....

Old and in Thailand doesn't always mean dirty old man, there are very many dirty young men out there as well, so if we are talking dirty farang,let's come to one level and say " dirty Farang":whistling:

Dirty old Farangs contribute substantial financial aid to ISAN families Than any NGOs or the UN. Haha.... Dude... That's amused.....

yep................... I will keep in mind that talking 'bout dirty Farangs only in general not to specify the age discrimination though..

haha.......

yep................... I will keep in mind that talking 'bout dirty Farangs only in general not to specify the age discrimination though..

haha.......

i smell horse turds.

these regulations won't even come close to stopping, or even slowing human trafficking... and fail to take into account the foreigners who work in Cambodia who surely aren't earning $2500+ but still making 20+ times more than the average Cambodian.

<deleted>! Older Farangs will just stop going to Cambodia -- and remember -- we're the one's with most of the saved money. BTW, Central American countries will welcome you with open arms. So will Malaysia. What a bunch of losers -- no common sense at all.

hilarious 'cause it contains a lotta truth! Man, and all the life insurance payouts and claims prolly add up to more than thaksin's payouts and assets as well.

Do yah mean probably worth more than the overall Taksin's assests + his payouts? ....................... I don't know I have no idea... but I am doubt..

What on Earth does banning 50+ yr. olds do? A 30 or 40 something can engage in human trafficking just as well as a 50+. Not to mention that the law is just plain odd. I've never heard of anything like it before.

If human trafficking is their actual target they should educate their populace. No law ever supercedes good judgement. Normal couples date, see movies, barhop, dance, go to restaurants, live separately for a while, etc. At least this is our western mindset for sure. If we were dealing with intelligence here these women would suddenly lay some western-style expectations on the men. The fakers and the con artists just wouldn't have the time or patience. I'm sure that at some point a lot of the human traffickers lay a deadline on these women. Probably something like, "I have to go home in one week. Will you come with me or not?" These women must be desperate to fall for that. I have to idea how these cons actually get carried out, but I'm sure that at some point decent judgement could avoid a lot of problems. dry.gif

A few facts, although not as much fun as making up facts on forums...

Facts on Trafficking

<deleted>! Older Farangs will just stop going to Cambodia -- and remember -- we're the one's with most of the saved money. BTW, Central American countries will welcome you with open arms. So will Malaysia. What a bunch of losers -- no common sense at all.

so will China;

wendi-deng-2.jpg

What on Earth does banning 50+ yr. olds do? A 30 or 40 something can engage in human trafficking just as well as a 50+. Not to mention that the law is just plain odd. I've never heard of anything like it before.

If human trafficking is their actual target they should educate their populace. No law ever supercedes good judgement. Normal couples date, see movies, barhop, dance, go to restaurants, live separately for a while, etc. At least this is our western mindset for sure. If we were dealing with intelligence here these women would suddenly lay some western-style expectations on the men. The fakers and the con artists just wouldn't have the time or patience. I'm sure that at some point a lot of the human traffickers lay a deadline on these women. Probably something like, "I have to go home in one week. Will you come with me or not?" These women must be desperate to fall for that. I have to idea how these cons actually get carried out, but I'm sure that at some point decent judgement could avoid a lot of problems. dry.gif

Facts on Trafficking

Yep.............. I just finished readin' it. What a pity! So don't go for any child prostitutes in Cambodia , Thailand or eslewhere.. then..

"Cambodia imposed a temporary ban on foreign marriages in 2008 to prevent" all the pretty girls leaving, so the top political, military and police leaders (all over 50) can maintain their nice young 'bit on the side'. These same leaders are responsible for a lot of the paedophile activity throughout Cambodia, they make a big scene when a foreigner is caught, to distract attention away from their own activities.

20 years your junior. This is just the kind of cradle-robbing they are trying to avoid in Kampuchea.

She's been an adult for a long time. nothing wrong with 53 and 33. I'll just throw a guess out there that you're either drunk, or still in your teens.

It's possible that he was both, a drunk teenager.

There are thousands of mixed race/age marriages in this country that are very successful and happy. A 20 to 30 year age gap is pretty well the norm. There are many Thai women who have been knocked up at 17, delivered a baby or two and had their butterflying, lao khao drinking, Thai husbands desert them after a year.

These women in 90% of cases are quite happy to marry a good older man who will give them security and a future for their children. There are always exceptions to the rule, bad Thai women, bad Khmer women, bad farangs.

Other Thai women often prize a farang husband as a status symbol. (I am not referring to the screaming bimbos depicted in Thai soap operas who are seemingly quite happy to get slapped around on a regular basis by their hi-so Thai boyfriends/husbands)

BTW I believe the country you refer to is The Kingdom of Cambodia not Kampuchea. That was the name (Democratic Kampuchea) used by the Khmer Rouge. (Hardly democratic)

Preahreachanachak Kampuchea is part of the official name of Cambodia. :jap:

Why stop going to Cambodia? You still can go there are f.ck. No need to be married for that!

Facts on Trafficking

I'll stick to making up facts. I still believe better judgement almost always avoids a lot of potential problems.

good idea! Hope thailand follows suit! less marriages over money and less murder over old dudes' life insurance. Less guys with girls their grandaughters' age.

Hard to imagine many guys, if residing in cambodia, get over 2500 US dollars, unless they're working for an international company.

Sorts out the riff raff pretty quickly!

Have you ever really asked yourself why it bothers you to see old men married to young women?

Makes you feel a fool?

It bothers some people to see people of different races, creeds and colors married to people of different races, creeds and colors too.

The motivation to discriminate is the same. Those people are not like you are they?

it makes you feel guilty and defensive...like you rant on "what is dirty?" "let's define dirty" like you're bill clinton avoiding the obvious.....

No fool..I 've got my family, a woman my age....wouldn't get a girl 3 generations younger than me.

It doesn't bother me, but rather I laugh at old snakeheads with girls 3 generations younger.

You can't take the heat, that's all this is about, haha.

Forgive me but I think it does bother you or you would not have made all of the negative references about young women being married to older men.

You feel yourself superior and a more moral person because your wife is closer to your own age.

I will tell you why if you like. Or perhaps others on this forum would like to do that.

The question is why do young men feel morally superior to older men because their wives are closer to their own age?

Sorry have to go live outside the net for a while. I'll be back later.

hilarious 'cause it contains a lotta truth! Man, and all the life insurance payouts and claims prolly add up to more than thaksin's payouts and assets as well.

Imagine if Thai taxpayers had to financially support their own poor people, instead of leaving it to Karma or NGOs, or Farang ATMs.

What ever the motives may be, i know that many Thai men resent and feel they are losing face because Thai women find them repulsive in their ways, they have the opportunity to chose a so called better and easier life,with a farang, high ranking officials,probably feel thay are being seen as dickless and inadiquate to fulfill a womans desires, and are really pissed off,...just a thought...:whistling:

i know i'm setting myself up to get flamed now, but i kinda think this is a good thing. obviously the govt wants to prevent old men marrying young girls for the wrong reasons. while they may not be forced to marry them, what do you expect when you go from having nothing to everything in terms of relativity....

I don't see why you should be flamed even though I don't agree with you. I cant speak for Thai women as I am gay but my partner and I have been in civil partnership for 5 years now - there is a 40 year age gap but he would not have it any other way and does not find younger guys attractive - in much the same way as I don't find guys of 40 and 50 attractive. In asian culture there is I believe a different attitude towards age - sure some are money boys and girls and older guys make for less effort on their part. But after 5 years together the mutual attraction between us is as strong as it ever was. My partner is also attracted to overweight guys - everyone has preferences that should be respected. We were both adult when me met and I would hate to think of a government telling us whether we could marry or not.

Even where marriages are not quite as genuine there is still often mutual respect with the younger person happy to please their partner and the older partner happy to make provision for them after they die. In those situations it is a mutually beneficial relationship which hurts no one.

I believe that much of the trafficking is actually undertaken by much younger more attractive guys who are working for gangs anyway.

that's why i said for the wrong reasons. no doubt there are happily married couples with big age differences, but i'm also sure that for every 1 happy couple, there are 9 only about sex and money. i've met many couples where the husband is 60 or so and has a wife covered in back tattoos who's around 20, sometimes pushing around a baby stroller. and when i look at those women, i can tell they're not happy. i know this is not what you meant, but yes, there is mutual respect, guy gets laid, girl gets money.

that's why i said for the wrong reasons. no doubt there are happily married couples with big age differences, but i'm also sure that for every 1 happy couple, there are 9 only about sex and money. i've met many couples where the husband is 60 or so and has a wife covered in back tattoos who's around 20, sometimes pushing around a baby stroller. and when i look at those women, i can tell they're not happy. i know this is not what you meant, but yes, there is mutual respect, guy gets laid, girl gets money.

That's just the definition of marriage, isn't it?

What ever the motives may be, i know that many Thai men resent and feel they are losing face because Thai women find them repulsive in their ways, they have the opportunity to chose a so called better and easier life,with a farang, high ranking officials,probably feel thay are being seen as dickless and inadiquate to fulfill a womans desires, and are really pissed off,...just a thought...:whistling:

So why these "repulsive" straight Thai men do not get things right. Shower, shave, stop drinking etc... They are repulsive indeed.

Imagine if Thai taxpayers had to financially support their own poor people, instead of leaving it to Karma or NGOs, or Farang ATMs.

Yeah, so better leave the welfare of a particular province of this particular country to old farang men than old farang men getting off their <deleted> and doing something (same NGOs) instead of recruiting housekeepers/end of life carers. Which would NOT be to their advantage of course.

These old guys have the advantage in the full and certain knowledge that they would in no way be able to procure a woman third their age in their 'home countries' and openly admit it. These third world countries' ruling class don't give a toss for the underprivileged. It'll change some day. In the meantime, you old guys keep throwing the dice and hope you'll make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

As to the FEW early demises reported (percentages?) you place your bets, you make your choice.

That's just the definition of marriage, isn't it?

From what I've seen here, yes.

i know i'm setting myself up to get flamed now, but i kinda think this is a good thing. obviously the govt wants to prevent old men marrying young girls for the wrong reasons. while they may not be forced to marry them, what do you expect when you go from having nothing to everything in terms of relativity....

I don't see why you should be flamed even though I don't agree with you. I cant speak for Thai women as I am gay but my partner and I have been in civil partnership for 5 years now - there is a 40 year age gap but he would not have it any other way and does not find younger guys attractive - in much the same way as I don't find guys of 40 and 50 attractive. In asian culture there is I believe a different attitude towards age - sure some are money boys and girls and older guys make for less effort on their part. But after 5 years together the mutual attraction between us is as strong as it ever was. My partner is also attracted to overweight guys - everyone has preferences that should be respected. We were both adult when me met and I would hate to think of a government telling us whether we could marry or not.

Even where marriages are not quite as genuine there is still often mutual respect with the younger person happy to please their partner and the older partner happy to make provision for them after they die. In those situations it is a mutually beneficial relationship which hurts no one.

I believe that much of the trafficking is actually undertaken by much younger more attractive guys who are working for gangs anyway.

They may or may not be happy man, who knows? You know a lot of people in our western countries have the luxury of saying things like, "money isn't everything" and "money can't buy you love." If you look at a lot of people in S.E. Asia how is a statement like that going to make any sense to them at all when all they've ever know is hardly having any money? It's simply not an easy situation to point at and pick apart. You might have seen a woman in a bad mood. Likely as not she grew up in a glorified pile of sticks in Isaan or something. Ask her if she wants to be able to afford a stroller or go back to her pile of sticks surrounded by farms. Likely as not she'll take the latter, whatever it entails. Or, maybe she's just on the journey of life, and is discovering that money and happiness aren't necessarily linked. I say let 'em live and learn, and some might truly find happiness. cool.gif

Why Buy if you can rent? Just looking at all these old clowns parading the Sois - and blocking them, as if they own also the road - with "their" young girlfriend is hilarious. Most of them got VICTIM written allover their foreheads. In all reality I feel the Cambodians are doing the foreigners over 50 a service, then. :blink:

I agree nothing looks more stupid than an old farang who has a young wife who is actually young enoung to be his great great grand daughter.

And there's the difference between 'normal' life in the West and 'normal' life here!

If one sees an old man with a young woman in the West - everyone assumes its his daughter, grand-daughter etc. Here, everyone assumes its his g/f, wife etc.

At the moment its not too much of a problem as the assumption is correct 99% of the time, but what will happen in the future now that so many farangs have retired here and had children with their Thai wives?

They are going to find it v tough when everyone assumes their daughter - is their g/f/wife.

I think the Thai goverment should consider similar laws to prevent the OAP's from being ripped/murdered off by their young brides to get at the cash...:whistling:

To non-Brits: Accepted United Kingdom shortened form of Old Age Pensioner (OAP).

Thank you. Wasn't sure what that meant.

Old and Putrid

Office of Adolescent Pregnancy

Overseas ATM Provider

Osteoarthropathy

Overseas Acquisition Planner

Over Aged Playstationers

Over Active Penis

They may or may not be happy man, who knows? You know a lot of people in our western countries have the luxury of saying things like, "money isn't everything" and "money can't buy you love." If you look at a lot of people in S.E. Asia how is a statement like that going to make any sense to them at all when all they've ever know is hardly having any money? It's simply not an easy situation to point at and pick apart. You might have seen a woman in a bad mood. Likely as not she grew up in a glorified pile of sticks in Isaan or something. Ask her if she wants to be able to afford a stroller or go back to her pile of sticks surrounded by farms. Likely as not she'll take the latter, whatever it entails. Or, maybe she's just on the journey of life, and is discovering that money and happiness aren't necessarily linked. I say let 'em live and learn, and some might truly find happiness. cool.gif

and that's my point exactly, they get married not out of love, but to get away from the pile of sticks. and a large number of men come here because they know they can emotionally "blackmail" girls they like into staying with them because they have an asset, their money.

Yeah, so better leave the welfare of a particular province of this particular country to old farang men than old farang men getting off their <deleted> and doing something (same NGOs) instead of recruiting housekeepers/end of life carers. Which would NOT be to their advantage of course.

These old guys have the advantage in the full and certain knowledge that they would in no way be able to procure a woman third their age in their 'home countries' and openly admit it. These third world countries' ruling class don't give a toss for the underprivileged. It'll change some day. In the meantime, you old guys keep throwing the dice and hope you'll make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

As to the FEW early demises reported (percentages?) you place your bets, you make your choice.

Not sure what you are suggesting is better.. let them starve until the revolution comes? Not that they would really starve, because it is in Thais interests to keep them poor and exploitable. As for the poor ladies themselves, they have often tried the traditional Thai culture of being dumped by their husbands for a whiter model without stretchmarks, so they are sometimes happy to try the foreign version.

Attitude towards women ,they are or were married too...my friend, or ndo you live on Mars, ...

So why these "repulsive" straight Thai men do not get things right. Shower, shave, stop drinking etc... They are repulsive indeed.

Edited by blabla1