Online Order Ticket At Airasia

Phuketscooter

To my suprice I learned it is cheaper to order a ticket at an office or using a call-center for AirAsia then to do all the job for them online, and pay with a credit-card. Do you experience the same as me?

It must be in the compay AirAsia interest/cost to have people to order on internet. Now it looks like they use the same trix like in a grosery; when people think small bottles are cheaper then big on, increase the price!

I find their site not to be credit card friendly.

I've never had any luck with it.

Found out later that the company doesn't accept American credit cards.

I just use the website to get prices and then go to my travel agent who charges me 150 baht or something.

I'll try their call center next time.

By the way, keep an eye on their deals.

I got a flight to BKK in Sept for 300 baht each way. (had to book it in Feb though)

I just use the website to get prices and then go to my travel agent who charges me 150 baht or something.

I got a flight to BKK in Sept for 300 baht each way. (had to book it in Feb though)

I got a Kasikorn bank web card specifically for this use. I think they call it a K-Card or something like that.

Also, I feel a sense of security using this card online as I never keep too much money there. Hackers these days can get these card numbers clear your account out.

K-Card works like a charm on Air Asia's site, also AA has the terminal check ins now, no more waiting in line for a counter person.

I've also started to go big and pay the extra 50 baht to choose my seat up near the front, no more waiting on goofballs with the massive carry-ons to pull their crap out of the overheads.

I recently booked a flight online to UK with Air Asia.

It didn't matter when I went so I chased all the promotions and ended up with a flight costing 23K Baht return, all in.

At that price it's worth paying their convenience fee.

I didn't have a credit card at that time so I got a friend (not American :rolleyes:) to pay with his card and then I paid him in cash. It took about 15 minutes computer time to book - no problem!

I wonder why they won't accept American credit cards? Seems a bit silly not to.

I know that you have to have the "verified by visa" or "secure by mastercard" code to book, but I don't see why you can't book with a US CC if you have done this. What happens to the poor Ozzies and Brits when they try to book from their home country.

I have the "verified by visa" deal going.

Still no luck.

I forget who told me it's because it's an American cc.

I don't think the Brits or Ozzies have the problems.

I think they lose a lot of business because of this.

I know I booked a flight through Thai Airlines instead last year because I couldn't book online through air asia.

I'll try what GOM said next time as I have kasikorn.

Trying to book using a French Mastercard, Air Asia's website didn't let me fill in the last 3 digits of the card number, and then told me the card number was too short. I booked with them often enough though, using customers' credit cards, seems like it is hit and miss.

I know that you have to have the "verified by visa" or "secure by mastercard" code to book, but I don't see why you can't book with a US CC if you have done this. What happens to the poor Ozzies and Brits when they try to book from their home country.

I'll try what GOM said next time as I have kasikorn.

Fiddlehead, you have to go on in there and set it up as it's a "virtual card". They make you jump through a couple hoops, you have to set up a security password for the verification, but once done all you have is a Visa number, CCW # and expiration. Then you can check all online, once done, super convenient.

As for U.S. cards being rejected, can you blame them? U.S. gov runs completely in debt, many U.S. people are getting foreclosed on or going into bankruptcy, probably worried in the end they won't get their money.

I'm surprised to hear they are not accepting American credit cards. I used my Bank of America CC to book online about 2 years ago. I was in America and I booked a flight for my girlfriend and her son from BKK to my home in Phuket. It was quite convenient as I the credit card holder did not have to be present at check-in (just get the names and Thai ID card #'s correct). Air Asia did not add on any extra fees for online booking but you do have to be careful to uncheck the box for insurance if you don't want it as it is checked by default. The only drawback is my credit card charges an extra .03% for international transactions but that's not Air Asia's fault. It is for that reason that when I am in Phuket or Thailand I either go to the office in Patong or pay at a 7/11 for an extra 100-150 Baht.

@Ave...That happened to a friend of mine. He asked me for help booking as he was having problems. The online transaction was taking several minutes to go through and he got impatient and clicked the back button even though the page said something like it might it may take several minutes please do not refresh or click the back button on your browser. I did warn him to give it more time. He ended up with 2 tickets when he re-booked. I'm not saying that is what happened to you but that is one way you can end up being double charged. Though it does seem to me that you should be reimbursed in that situation.

Edited by Pakaty

I forget who told me it's because it's an American cc.

I don't think the Brits or Ozzies have the problems.

I've never had a problem with a UK Visa or Mastercard.

Same with American Mastercard. No problem last week. Can book in anyones name too.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

I have to disagree, been using my us Visa and MC credit cards and sometimes my Thai AmEx card on airasia since they first started to accept them and never been turned down or had any trouble.

Dont even mind the additional fee as it saves me having to drive somewhere to do it. Why pay an agent??

Cant belives some of u complain about less than $5

I always book online and pay by AMEX.

they added AMEX several month ago

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE TRYING TO BOOK AND PAY ONLINE WITH AA..Now i make it simple.. i look online for my booking,i get.. it.. i print it.....,i go to my local travel agent,she books it i pay her..she charges me 100 bht for her trouble...:lol: i walk away with e ticket...whats easier than that..i can pay by either cash or credit card :o

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE TRYING TO BOOK AND PAY ONLINE WITH AA..Now i make it simple.. i look online for my booking,i get.. it.. i print it.....,i go to my local travel agent,she books it i pay her..she charges me 100 bht for her trouble...:lol: i walk away with e ticket...whats easier than that..i can pay by either cash or credit card :o

EXACTLEY :thumbsup:

"As for U.S. cards being rejected, can you blame them? U.S. gov runs completely in debt, many U.S. people are getting foreclosed on or going into bankruptcy, probably worried in the end they won't get their money.":cheesy:

It has more to do with which bank the card is from and whether they are willing to pay a fee to "verified by visa" or "secure by mastercard". I have one card that AA accepts and one that always gets declined.

cr

<br />
<br />I find their site not to be credit card friendly.<br />
<br />I've never had any luck with it. <br />Found out later that the company doesn't accept American credit cards. <br />I just use the website to get prices and then go to my travel agent who charges me 150 baht or something. <br /><br />I'll try their call center next time. <br />By the way, keep an eye on their deals.  <br />I got a flight to BKK in Sept for 300 baht each way.   (had to book it in Feb though)<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Went to book two 200b flights online but issues with their CC site, so went down to Khao San to be quoted over 3000b by the nice lady. Upon saying it's only 200b each online I was told that's only online promotion. Felt she was lying after being caught out.

Are their promotions just as available in the offices than online??